• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I'm not talking talking about competitions numnuts, I don't give a rats clacker about some PL meet.

So, what dafuq are you talking about?

When you say that "strength is not an absolute" one can only assume that's exactly what you mean. At least, if one were to assume you were of of normal intelligence and not a total retard. Maybe I was a bit presumptuous with that.

For example:

ab·so·lute
ˈabsəˌlo͞ot,ˌabsəˈlo͞ot/
adjective

not qualified or diminished in any way; total.
    "absolute secrecy"
    synonyms:complete, total, utter, out-and-out, outright, entire, perfect, pure, decided; More

Ergo, when you say "strength is not an absolute", one can only assume that one person cannot accurately be compared with another, when that's exactly what strength sports are all about.

Also, I used competitions as an example of just how phukking absolute strength sports are. But maybe that's where I went wrong, since you don't really do anything except turn up now and then to do bosu curls.

And finally, if telling the truth makes me a Khunt, I vote for a recount for Kunt of the Year.

Last edited:
It's pretty clear what I said woody but you're too busy being a ćunt to want to understand anything beyond your narrow view,, I also said that strength is a subjective term therefore it's not absolute, think for a fucken minute.

Only been to a couple, but one thing for sure about a powerlifting meet is the camaraderie, nothing but good feelings come from it... as long as you don’t injure yourself.

Woody is a tall dude darky,he lifts that bar a long way.now u might have a tiny point regarding subjective if u were referring to a short arse like me squatting 200 k but u cant even unrack that u puss

Perhaps a cv of darkos best lifts with video evidence would be enough for the audience to ascertain whether this man is speaking from experience or outta his ass

Perhaps Darko is having his judgement clouded by jealousy.seems he's never trained for the purpose of expressing his maximal strength in an objective manner whilst being critiqued by neutral judges.

Thought about this, if the criteria is the max weight you can lift in a given exercise then its not subjective.

It may be unfair for a small guy versus a massive guy or a guy with natural levers but given the criteria its objective.

It's pretty clear what I said woody but you're too busy being a ćunt to want to understand anything beyond your narrow view,, I also said that strength is a subjective term therefore it's not absolute, think for a fucken minute.

OK, I think I may be a bit retarded because I have no idea what dafuq you are on about. Here is an exact copy of your post:

Realise that strength is not an absolute, it is subjective term and many 'cheat' methods can and are used when demonstrating strength.

I'm not having a go at you here (that will come later), I just want to understand clearly what you are saying.

So, what i take from this, and I may be unable to comprehend the exact intent of your statement, but you seem to be saying that strength is not an absolute because it can't be measured or quantified or accurately compared from one strength performance to another.

Is that correct?

You are placing strength along with "looks" (e.g. a bodybuilding comp which is all about how you look, nothing else) or some other non quantifiable attribute such as "compatibility" (e.g. between friends or couples) or asking what's the best song or movie or colour. There is no absolute with those things because there are no standards for what is a personal choice. In other words, there is no "right" answer. It's unquantifiable. In the same way, you are saying that strength is not absolute because it's purely subjective, unable to be accurately measured between two people, or even comparing yourself from one week to the next.

Is that what you are saying?

I assume this because you then go on to say that strength is subjective, and not absolute, as "many 'cheat' methods can and are used when demonstrating strength." From that I assume you are referring to something like the deadlift, where you can have two basic stances plus a third blend of the two: sumo and conventional, with one or more of those being less than pure in form, a "cheat" if you will, even though it's within the rules. Sort of like having a huge arch in the bench press. It's legal, but a bit of a "cheat" for some (almost always those, like me, who don't have a spine that flexible).

Or, in weightlifting you can have a clean and jerk with a split jerk or a less traditional squat jerk. Both are allowed, but the split jerk is considered "normal" or "conventional", even though the squat jerk is actually harder (for most) to accomplish.

Is the above a reasonable summation of the point you are trying to make? If not, could you clarify if for me, because if I am way off track, probably everyone else is too, except @Goosey who is a frikken genius.

Last edited:
i generally agree with woody here.

while there is no ultimate test of strength, as each related sport has its pros and cons about just who is the best and strongest given that certain body types are suited to different strength sports, the sports themselves as tests are indeed absolute. in other words, who lifts the most weight who throws the furthest is the winner - end of story.

as for bb training, or even training for strength, this is another story with many grey areas. there are many ways to skin a cat and the amount of weight that needs to be lifted at each training session is not a given.

one has only to look at bb's that got huge on moderate weights, others on heavy weights. similarly, there are many debates about appropriate training intensity for strength sports.

Fuck me this still going on. You run the fastest 100m you absolutely won the race, you throw a javelin the furthest you absolutely win, you come first in a marathon you absolutely win.

Sure there are gender and weight divisions and the most roided or genetically gifted will have an advantage but there are absolutes on the output end, get over it.

Yeah, a strong core is totally useless for pretty much everything beside power lifting... and a strong back, how does that make your biceps look bigger?

Why even train anything but biceps and pecs, useless.