• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

August Push Up Challenge.

August Challenge Options.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I'm up early Mick ;) lol

Can someone explain to me what a month of push ups will do for us?

Arms? Back? Chest? Are we hoping to see muscle growth or more definition etc?

See...the calf challenge I got, because so many of us had shit calves or wanted to see improvement in this region and it definitely worked for muscle growth and definition for me....but I wonder about this push up business.

Those of you who voted for it and wanted it, what are you hoping to achieve from this month?

Can you share?

I'm hoping to be able to do larger sets by the end of the month and increase my general muscle endurance a little, strengthen my core a bit and maybe build my triceps a little since i don't do much else for them.

Just read this. It works. :)

Tip #5: Want to immediately improve your push-ups? Try imagining you are squeezing a piece of paper under each armpit while performing them. This incredibly simple tip will improve tension, create more stability in the shoulder and tighten the upper back and lats.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKUu9wMnvQk]Towel Push Ups - YouTube[/ame]

but with one towel and both hands going out, then towel comes back to middle etc...

30 wide push ups
15 diamond push ups
15 decline push ups
30 standard
that order, now i eat...

what type do we need to do?

Last edited:
Haven't done mine yet but should have them done in the next few hours. My arms are dead I've been mixing and pushing a wheelbarrow full of cement and digging holes all day

I'm up early Mick ;) lol

Can someone explain to me what a month of push ups will do for us?

Arms? Back? Chest? Are we hoping to see muscle growth or more definition etc?

See...the calf challenge I got, because so many of us had shit calves or wanted to see improvement in this region and it definitely worked for muscle growth and definition for me....but I wonder about this push up business.

Those of you who voted for it and wanted it, what are you hoping to achieve from this month?

Can you share?

I did not vote for it, but expect more core strength and upper body strength and endurance, depending on where you are at you might see some definition in your upper body muscles, but that might take more than a month, for women you might notice your breasts sitting a bit higher and being a bit firmer, depending on where they naturally sit, and depending on size I guess, but should make some difference.

My wife used to do martial arts and used to do lots of push ups when we first started going out and it made for impressive assets not requiring much support if you know what I mean:D

She is about to get back into doing some training and hopefully push ups will be part of that:rolleyes:

I believe push ups are very important for women and I would highly recommend having them as a regular exercise.

This could be something that can become routine, a quick 50-100 push ups a day or very other day, does not take long and results should show:)

I am thinking that I will start adding push ups soon, or doing it twice a day, but will see how I go.

Haven't done mine yet but should have them done in the next few hours. My arms are dead I've been mixing and pushing a wheelbarrow full of cement and digging holes all day

Poor dear, now have a spoon of cement and harden the fuck up and do your push ups :D

Last edited:
I did not vote for it, but expect more core strength and upper body strength and endurance, depending on where you are at you might see some definition in your upper body muscles, but that might take more than a month, for women you might notice your breasts sitting a bit higher and being a bit firmer, depending on where they naturally sit, and depending on size I guess, but should make some difference.

My wife used to do martial arts and used to do lots of push ups when we first started going out and it made for impressive assets not requiring much support if you know what I mean:D

She is about to get back into doing some training and hopefully push ups will be part of that:rolleyes:

I believe push ups are very important for women and I would highly recommend having them as a regular exercise.

This could be something that can become routine, a quick 50-100 push ups a day or very other day, does not take long and results should show:)

I am thinking that I will start adding push ups soon, or doing it twice a day, but will see how I go.

Repped for a very informative post mwahahaha

And also repped, in part, for your wife's soon-to-be full body assault ;)

Poor dear, now have a spoon of cement and harden the fuck up and do your push ups :D

Haha had a wheelbarrow full .
20/20/10