• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
This is the endplate of my Troy texas bar
The master distributor is Fitness warehouse who run Force USA, mine ordered from Gymandfitness was sent from the brisbane warehouse of FW

Attachments

• IMG_0351.jpg
    IMG_0351.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 174
hard to tell as the picture is small but the bar doesn't look like it has centre knurling.

You'd want to actually pickup and feel that bar before spending the money

Very little of the black oxide coating on my texas bar has worn off, except for a mark ont he non knurled area that i scratched.

The shafts are identical except for the set-out of the rings
Hm, that is a concern, because you don't want a power bar to be whipping all over the place, and you don't want a WL bar to crush you with stiffness.

Get iron edge standard range of bumpers better value, very well made

Oh I already own a Pendlay bearing bar and black elite plates, which I'm very happy with. I'm just a gear nerd and like knowing what's for sale. When I go to buy any more gear I'll probably try and acquire some DHS or Zhang Kong

I have the troy Texas bar from gym and fitness, it is made by Capp and is EXACTLY the same bar as others sell and claim to be the "real" one

I looked at both latest models of them today. The only difference I could see is the Buddy Capps bar has a signature (autograph) on one of the end caps and the Troy doesn't.

I have just noticed that Gym and Fitness are now stocking, or at least appear to be stocking Buddy Capps TPB's

Buddy Capps 7' Texas Power Bar

Alongside their troy power bars that they have stocked for a while.

After buying a truly shit bar ($200) that I'm fairly sure was bent from day 1 and the bearings keep moving I got one of these delivered today. One DL session and I'm loving a proper knurl.

This only now makes me want to get better plates that fit the bar better. I don't think there is anything available in perth (like all equipment) so I'm looking at iron edge.

Looking at the Muscle Motion needle bearing bar that they offer as package with bumpers at Gym Direct. Anyone got opinions on this? Is it as good a bar as the one Markos rated as ok previously from these guys?
They seem pretty good gear overall for the price.

There's a reason the MM bar is now condemned to the corner of his gym

Not feeling like sharing this reason?
I haven't seen any negatives about this bar on here apart from the knurling being soft. Have I missed something?

I just got a buddy Capps Texas power bar from gym and fitness. Hands down the best bar I've ever used.

The knurling is quite harsh, but after a week of use, I can't imagine dead lifting on anything else. Ask for Dan, he's good to deal with and gave me a good price.

I got one of the new black oxide MM bars after a discussion with The Hulk and not having the funds to throw 500 bucks + on a bar.
Apparently these are totally different compared to the older models.
So far so good, nice rough knuling, have given a fair hiding since I have had it and still straight and for under 220 delivered I am not complaining.

I got one of the new black oxide MM bars after a discussion with The Hulk and not having the funds to throw 500 bucks + on a bar.
Apparently these are totally different compared to the older models.
So far so good, nice rough knuling, have given a fair hiding since I have had it and still straight and for under 220 delivered I am not complaining.

Yeah I went with the Black Oxide in the end too. Glad to hear good impression. How are you finding the oxide coating? Is it scratching up easily?

Not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread.

But has anyone tried imported bars at all? It would be interesting to see if the experience lifters here can notice a great deal of difference.

I myself wouldn't be able to tell I don't think as I only do normal compound movements in the gym and I don't really lift heavy. :(
Cheers