• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
6279882.jpg

I think all bars you can buy new here are imported except ABC and Iron Edge bars. Correct me if I'm wrong.

So after using a different bar last night, I pretty much want....no, I pretty much need a new bar. Mine is an oly that I got when I bought my power rack from befithire. Already seems to have a slight bend in it. And christmas is coming up

I've gone through a lot of pages at the start of this thread but most they are about +3 years ago. I do understand trying the bar would be ideal as well.

At the moment I squat and bench in my rack, and dead in front of it, my lifts aren't anything impressive. I don't tend to do cleans or jerk much. Is the BOP220BN still the nicer bar for the price mark/my needs?
Has anyone got anything from Fitness Factory > Categories > Barbells before?

Thanks

Picked up my BOP220BN last week from their Melb HQ. Fresh off the press and worth the wait. I'm no pro but this bar is certainly shouts quality and craftsmanship.

hi guys,

quick question... is the BOP220BN completely black? (ie: including the sleeves?)

and secondly, how easily does the black scratch?

Cheers

Yes and the sleeves scratch easily in my experience, but it doesn't affect the usability of the bar

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ok, so to avoid the bar rusting or anything, am I better off with the black nitride or the chrome one? I'm typically pretty rough with loading weights but I dont want a $500 bar rusting...

Has anyone tried the cyberfit or the MM bars from gymdirect? Thoughts? Building a home gym and trying to keep it as cheap as possible, but still with gear that will last more than 12 months. However if aforementioned bars aren't great, I'll probably end up getting an ABC bar, though it could take another month for me to save up for it, being a poor student lol. I have a squat rack, not a power rack, so it will be getting dumped on the floor if it needs to be dumped, rather than safeties.

I recently bought a texas power bar from gym and fitness and got it for like $460 posted to my door. They were willing to price match against a quote i got for a bop220bn bar from ABC. The texas bar is awesome, but you cant go wrong with and abc barbell either considering how much cheaper they go for.

I've been using a cyberfit for about a year now. Holds a 200kg deadlift fine, haven't gotten up to anything bigger than that yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

is the problem with cheap barbells that they rust/ cna't take the load or deform when dropped. Been looking around see alot of 'crossfit' barbells go for more expensive

is the problem with cheap barbells that they rust/ cna't take the load or deform when dropped. Been looking around see alot of 'crossfit' barbells go for more expensive

Expensive bars will also bend if dropped on power rack pins.

Cheap bars will bend under weight or even be bent when brand new.

Cheap bars usually have shit knurling.

I see that a number of people have got the ABC bar for less than the asking price on the site. If possible, how do you go about negotiating a lowered price?

I'm looking at setting up my own home gym - I've noticed a few people on here have bought the Muscle Motion barbell from GymDirect ( http://www.gymdirect.com.au/shop/we...m-olympic-needle-bearing-barbell-rated-600kg/ ). I'll be focusing on the main 3 power lifts, but I do want to learn how to do the Olympic lifts - would this bar be suitable as an all-rounder? Thanks!

For an extre $20 I prefer the oxide bar. At my gym I've found the knurling on oxide bars more textured and longer lasting than chrome ones, and chrome plating can deteriorate after time... but that's just my 2c..