• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The older i get the more i hear it is better to stress the body less both physically and mentally in order to live a longer life. The most important factor is diet. Exercise is secondary to diet in most cases in terms of healthy living.

Also the more muscle and fat you hold equals the more stress you put on the cardiovascular system so in order to live as long as possible you want to eat as little as possible so your body is in a constant starving state, this is a good state for the body to be in. You also want to hold as little muscle and fat as possible, this puts less stress on the heart. So basically you want to be as skinny as possible eating tiny midget sized meals if your goal is too live a very long life.

And remember muscle uses up oxygen, and the more oxygen you require equals the more stress you put on your heart. So holding as little muscle as possible is another crucial factor to living a long life. Bodybuilding is literally the worst form of exercise one can do for long term health. The facts of living to a long age speak for themselves.

As we age the wall of the heart thickens up more and more. It does not ever decrease in thickness, it can only increase so its a one way road. The more the heart wall thickens equals the higher chance of having a fatal heart attack. Blood pressure for years and years on end will eventually thicken up the wall of the heart and increase the size of the hearts left ventricle making heart attacks much more prevailant.

Steroids speed up the thickening of the heart wall and also the size of the hearts left ventricle, making heart attacks come on earlier in younger people. Obviously Cocaine is much worse in terms of left ventricle enlargement(a classic side effect of hardcore coke heads, they tend to die young) and is by far the most damaging drug for the heart. Though Steroids are still a definite culprit in early heart attacks especially high dosed Steroids for long periods of time.

Last edited:
Tbh kunce
i haven’t ripped up yet for summer, have size but a little too fatty for summer
still haven’t got my head 100%
lost my mojo a bit to diet down kunce, being domesticated and all

Given up my motivators, and can’t be arsed doing it “for myself”

Only time i do a lot of cardio is when cutting. Even then i don't go overboard normal morning walks and Tabata sessions seems to work for me, though with an underactive thyroid I had to push my calories lower and do more than what I see most people do but that's life,
When life gives you
lemons
make lemonade.

Mainly i do it for cardiovascular health, indurance and becouse of the overall benifits.

I walk for 45-50 mins per day but once weekly ill chuck on a 20kg wighted back pack and do the same. Its hard work but i always feel it dose me good. Not just physicaly but also mentally. To walk a rough path and up a load of hills with that kind of weight needs a tough mind.

later-

Cardio is just short for cardiovascular which literally refers to anything that increases your heart rate. It includes all physically demanding activities such as running, Zumba, jogging, swimming, cycling, walking, and yes even sex.

snorting blow is cardio? intredasting. Ive watched a documentary on how colombian farmers make that shit. Fuck putting that up my nose.

Did 30 minutes skipping today. After 30+ years training, bad knees, Sciatica, bad elbow and brain damage (Boxing, Footy and Alcohol) at 113kg can still do that - surprised I twas.

Woody, Sparty, Darky, Goosey, you...

All older than me. Probably missed one or too as well.