• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CCM Quest 2013

Yep light as fuck. I was a lazy 100kg yesterday morning after consuming a serious amount of sodium laced food the night before lol

Tim.

47 :eek: that's light as

lmao it's pretty heavy for me. I spent years at 41-42kg :eek::eek::eek:

Started this year at 45kg so not much weight gain but have pretty much gained that much in LBM already and dropped a bit of fat (unintentionally).

Hopefully recent steady increases mean more lbm *kneels to pray*

Yep light as fuck. I was a lazy 100kg yesterday morning after consuming a serious amount of sodium laced food the night before lol

Tim.

Well, haha, but I'm not as tall as a skyscraper like you, [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION]; :D

I think you'll easily get a body weight bench when you go for your 1rm's if not more. seen you are repping out close to bw.
do you have a goal body weight your trying to achieve?

I think you'll easily get a body weight bench when you go for your 1rm's if not more. seen you are repping out close to bw.
do you have a goal body weight your trying to achieve?

no so easily :p
Bench is my hardest thing ever. But I am confident of 45kg and hoping for more than that. Plus I'm doing it the hard way. I follow the PA bench rules so heels on the ground, which means your arch is not as great and more ROM to push that bar through again. So just happy with incremental improvements right now.
Best thing for busting that plateau was attitude. I just stopped caring about it and every week I just go for broke, whatever happens. So far, so great!

No weight I am trying to achieve. Reason being that a weight number doesn't say much about my body comp. So I'm just focussed on putting on as much lbm as I can without stacking on fat in large amounts. So far, it's working well, but it's a slow process obviously.
Still, progress this year has outstripped my expectations so I'm pretty happy with that.
Hoping to have my next DEXA in January so will see if this increased strength correlates with more fillet steak gains LOL

Another PB tonight.

Have been to the physio a few times this week and to have some myofascial release for my back. All the joints are stiff and have whole muscle groups knotted up :(
But hey, muscles, right? :p

Anyway, was worried about deadlifts tonight but no need.

Weighed in at 47.5kg this morning.

New PB for sets & reps

102.5kg x 2, 2, 3

felt fairly easy too.

Back felt good after DLs but then I stuffed it up with some TB deads :(
Now resting on a heatpack for my lower left near the hip :(

ah well, hopefully just tightness.

Bring on next week!
Will be seeing the physio the day before and hopefully all the thoracic extensions and other stuff I'm doing will help loosen me up.

Have a great weekend.

Thanks guys.

The bad news: I have an overuse injury in my lower back on the LHS .. one of the extensor muscles. It's just overuse and spasmed, not torn or anything.

But i have 1RM testing scheduled for Monday (bench) and Thursday (deads).

There have been tears today as I'm not sure what to do.
I had to do a repeat on building up to it after a training break just before my 1RM in August due to my dad getting sick and passing away and i took time off training obviously.

I don't want to have to repeat this build up again. I WILL not do this over again.
It has gone so well with pbs every single week for both lifts.

I'm taking nurofen and doing my physio and stretches.

I swear to all the gods, I will destroy that bloody trap bar when I see it at the gym :mad:

Bench goal for the year achieved :)

At the start of the year, I weighed 45kg and I really wanted to bench that amount.
I have always sucked at bench and always will but that was a goal. I figured that if I could reach that milestone, I'd be able to push for a bit more.

I managed 41kg in March.

Tonight I got 46kg (a 5kg PB on that).
I weighed in at 47kg exactly this morning.

I'm pretty happy with that.

Could not quite lock out 47kg as a bonus attempt but I'm not far off getting that and more.

Looking forward to setting a new goal for the next attempt :D

Yes, I did it with my QL strained and my right shoulder blade still knotted up.

Feeling fine tonight :)

What's that, about a 12% increase in your bench in < 1yr? Wish I could do that. Congrats.