• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

craze

Hello everyone, just wanted to share part of my story and perhaps if others have felt the same and can share their thoughts and what they did. I would appreciate if we can stay on topic.

Some information about myself:

In the younger years i was relatively skinny.

Around 2009 i started going to the gym with not much idea on what i wanted to achieve.
Slowly i found my feet and focused more on bodybuilding (with no desire to compete), emphasis was always on size not being ripped.
At that point in time I had a good job that allowed me to rest most of the day and eat really well.
Drinking was kept to minimum and not too many worries.
This kept going for 3 years and was happy with the results, i was a solid (bigger than average, but also slightly more BF than the althletic ones, i was happy with that)

Now lets wind forward, married, death in the family, a birth or child, started my own business, moved house, invested in my business, wife not working, 10-16hr work days for me (tradesman), pressures of being a father and financially supporting all of us.
The above accumulation and right shoulder injury really sealed the deal for stopping training slowly over 3 months.

After the above, it seems my enthusiasm has dropped and alcohol consumption increased to more than i would like. I have always felt in my life ive had to have hobbies as a way to take my mind off things.

Slowly ive been making steps to ensure i have some time for myself (employing staff, 2nd vehicle for work).
Im now slowly back to a point with injury has healed, balancing work/family time, im now preparing meals again and sticking to a structured plan in regards to sleep, training and eating.

I imagine there are others in this situation that have had things above happen, and perhaps taken a break, any tips on how to manage time? Eating well? Alcohol consumption avoiding that?

My wife says im selfish, i tend to be a perfectionist and some things i do can be considered selfish, but for me if i dont get personal time, i tend to get really pissed off quite quickly. I need time for my mind to not worry about day to day.

I constantly set goals, short and long term for financials, business and life.

Thank you

Just find a happy medium between training and family life. Train early morning so you can spend time with family after work.

Yeah, early morning training is da best. As Dave Draper said "that's when the Zen (or Chi or some shit) is most right".

Love early morning training when no other kunt is around, its meditative.

Hello there Craze,

I'll just give you one gem to reflect upon for now, and I'm happy to discuss further if you have any questions mate. Perfection is the enemy of good. That's it. Ponder and reflect as you wish on that piece of wisdom, and see what you can make of it. Bye for now mate.

Hello everyone, just wanted to share part of my story and perhaps if others have felt the same and can share their thoughts and what they did. I would appreciate if we can stay on topic.

Some information about myself:

In the younger years i was relatively skinny.

Around 2009 i started going to the gym with not much idea on what i wanted to achieve.
Slowly i found my feet and focused more on bodybuilding (with no desire to compete), emphasis was always on size not being ripped.
At that point in time I had a good job that allowed me to rest most of the day and eat really well.
Drinking was kept to minimum and not too many worries.
This kept going for 3 years and was happy with the results, i was a solid (bigger than average, but also slightly more BF than the althletic ones, i was happy with that)

Now lets wind forward, married, death in the family, a birth or child, started my own business, moved house, invested in my business, wife not working, 10-16hr work days for me (tradesman), pressures of being a father and financially supporting all of us.
The above accumulation and right shoulder injury really sealed the deal for stopping training slowly over 3 months.

After the above, it seems my enthusiasm has dropped and alcohol consumption increased to more than i would like. I have always felt in my life ive had to have hobbies as a way to take my mind off things.

Slowly ive been making steps to ensure i have some time for myself (employing staff, 2nd vehicle for work).
Im now slowly back to a point with injury has healed, balancing work/family time, im now preparing meals again and sticking to a structured plan in regards to sleep, training and eating.

I imagine there are others in this situation that have had things above happen, and perhaps taken a break, any tips on how to manage time? Eating well? Alcohol consumption avoiding that?

My wife says im selfish, i tend to be a perfectionist and some things i do can be considered selfish, but for me if i dont get personal time, i tend to get really pissed off quite quickly. I need time for my mind to not worry about day to day.

I constantly set goals, short and long term for financials, business and life.

Thank you

How much time are you prepared to put aside?

Contrary to popular belief it only takes 90 minutes a week at the most for most people, even less for the more genetically gifted.

30 minutes three times a week will be enough to produce results packed boy.
but! It would need to be a fire spitting workout, not a restout

30 minutes three times a week will be enough to produce results packed boy.
but! It would need to be a fire spitting workout, not a restout

I agree most people will get some god gains with a well utilised half hour a few times a week. I think there is still a lot of time left to use before you see diminishing returns however. A lot of us here are well passed only needing 90 minutes a week to make continual progress.

Last edited:
Fadi interested in your comment and what you interpet it to mean???

30 mins 3 times a week? It takes that long to change, shit and shower and get back in my car after gym (well about 15 actually) include a warmup 30 mins is gone

i train early morning Already

interested in other tradies or people working long hours and how they manage

I agree most people will get some god gains with a well utilised half hour a few times a week. I think there is still a lot of time left to use before you see diminishing returns however. A lot of us here are well passed only needing 90 minutes a week to make continual progress.

I disagree.

most I believe make the mistake of adding sets, rather than adding weight to the bar.
a well seasoned lifter actually require less time

but this is the age old argument

I disagree.

most I believe make the mistake of adding sets, rather than adding weight to the bar.
a well seasoned lifter actually require less time

but this is the age old argument

I hear you, personally using high weight/low(er) sets/reps for everything I think I would struggle to fit everything into 90 minutes weekly, unless you subscribe to the extreme - 1 set beyond failure per muscle. You got me thinking now.. imagine all the other crap I could fit into my week.....

Gym's the best time of the day for me so I never want to rush and leave early, I mean that's crazy! It's like having a root and you're edging edging hoping to last another minute before blast off. Or slowly chewing and savouring that cheesecake until its one wet slop then half swallowing and gagging it back out a few times to get that 'swallowed' feel. Well, that's what a training session is like.

So in conclusion just 90 minutes a week isn't gonna cut it sorry.

Or slowly chewing and savouring that cheesecake until its one wet slop then half swallowing and gagging it back out a few times to get that 'swallowed' feel.

If I had a dollar for every time I'd heard that analogy....

I would say there's something not right if you have enough energy for 2 hour workouts.
and if you struggle to fit everything in under 90 minutes then perhaps it's time to re-evaluate your workout structure.