• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

CREATINE - Magic or Myth

yes, someone gave me some, so will use next year.

A few studies suggest small strength improvement (5-6%), but others suggest this more with people with naturally lower levels of creatine.

recently started taking creatine..

i know theres alot of arguments with cycling/non cycling but does anyone have a personal preferences / experience benefits to either option!?

I am not against people taking steroids. What I am against are people trying to make out they are natural when they are not and attributing their gains to a supplement they are not taking. Creatine is the bees knees for the natural bodybuilder, the nrl, rugby union, afl players and countless other athletes use it as well. The Pre Workouts may contain some creatine, taking the pure creatine and loading on non training days, as well as doing a month's loading, I have found to be very effective. I would really like to see truly natural guys marketing supplements instead of juiceheads, I think it really cheapens a product with juiceheads.

Did you know that Creatine supplementation has also been shown to improve memory and intelligence.

*flamesuit engaged*

There have also been studies which confirm it may help with Alzheimers disease. I think the stuff tends to be a bit underrated.

I have to admit I haven't read the thread fully but let me say been on concrete creatine for about a month massive difference in lifting and the look of my bod

I have to admit I haven't read the thread fully but let me say been on concrete creatine for about a month massive difference in lifting and the look of my bod

WTF is 'concrete creatine' ????

And most of all how much money did you have to flush to obtain it??

If it was any more than $20 per kilo you have just had you wallet raped:D

I think you urgently need to read this thread:)

I'm on Con-crete at the moment. $40 a bottle and is the equivalent of 6-10g Creatine per capsule.
It's in capsule form so no weighing, good for people on the go.
My body responds to con-crete better than Mono. It's always good to do the 4 initial weeks on it.
If you haven't used it, don't knock it till you try it!

Last edited:
Lol I read there site. Supposed to be adsorbed many times better than mono. Creatine mono is absorbed at near 100%. They should get a Nobel prize for being able to do better than that.

I'm on Con-crete at the moment. $40 a bottle and is the equivalent of 6-10g Creatine per capsule.
It's in capsule form so no weighing, good for people on the go.
My body responds to con-crete better than Mono. It's always good to do the 4 initial weeks on it.
If you haven't used it, don't knock it till you try it!

Exactly the same with me Kaz it's good shiz

Apologies for being the "new guy" to the thread and not bothering to read through 40 pages but perhaps someone could just tell me if the notion in this thread is that there is a Creatine type that is more "superior" than Monohydrate?

Is everyone mainly in agreement that Creatine Monohydrate to this day, is still the most superior?

We'd certainly not want for the younger crowd getting mislead into thinking otherwise.
We sell much more pricier types of Creatine in our range and still we recommend Monohydrate even though it is the least expensive of them all in our range.

Happy to discuss.

This message should really have a thread of it's own as people are spending too much on other types of Creatine.

Bulk Nutrients.

I still use Creatine Mono from you guys and recommend your $19 for 1kg package.
I just personally find Concrete loads better in the first few weeks.
I've now swapped to BN CM and will stay on it till my cut is finished.

This thread has probably had the same questions asked multiple times but better than having multiple threads. They all get answered the same :)

How much bodyweight gain should one expect whilst loading on creatine?

That's a very open ended question!! How much are you eating, drinking, training etc all come into it.
I remember buying creatine monohydrate from the bodybuilding shop on Cleveland st Surry hills back in 1997!! The owner, some magazine publisher and bodybuilding guru, was like 'this is the new good stuff' and it came in snap lock bags!! Hahah. I'd heard about it thru a mate playing with the Newcastle knights so went into this shop and asked! (Didn't have internets at home back then!)
Put on 4kgs in 4 weeks, I was stoked!

Last edited:
That's a very open ended question!! How much are you eating, drinking, training etc all come into it.
I remember buying creatine monohydrate from the bodybuilding shop on Cleveland st Surry hills back in 1997!! The owner, some magazine publisher and bodybuilding guru, was like 'this is the new good stuff' and it came in snap lock bags!! Hahah. I'd heard about it thru a mate playing with the Newcastle knights so went into this shop and asked! (Didn't have internets at home back then!)
Put on 4kgs in 4 weeks, I was stoked!

That's a huge gain!!!
I'm dieting on a diet I normally shed the kg's. I'm seeing visual difference but no change in the scales. I'm thinking 1-1.5kg ball park figure for gains in 2 weeks.

How much bodyweight gain should one expect whilst loading on creatine?

Agree with Taurus, it is very individual. A small percentage will not react at all to rate limiting substrates like creatine mono and beta alanine.

Hopefully everyone knows now that if you don't want to risk the possibility of gastro-intestinal distress you can opt for just 5g a day instead of loading. It will take longer for muscular saturation to reach it's ceiling but it's easier and a little cheaper.

But there's actually a study I read before I started using creatine again this year showing benefits of different loading parameters. 20g was still used for the loading dose but was seperated into 4 x 5g and 20 x 1g doses.

The study was conducted on the same participants seperated by a large period of time between loading parameters. The 20 x 1g doses showed a lower urinary excretion of creatine and methylamine when compared to the 4 x 5g doses and suggests the body was able to absorb a larger percentage of what was ingested.

I personally tried the 20 x 1g dose and experienced no problems, but I'd never previously loaded so it's a somewhat one sided opinion. After I run out of the current batch I'll wait and try it again.

Probably wouldn't need to go the 20 a day doses but somewhere in between; 10 x 2g or 8 x 2.5g, would be the way I would go about with the higher frequency route.

**sorry I don't have the link on this laptop. I'll cite it when I get home.

Is everyone mainly in agreement that Creatine Monohydrate to this day, is still the most superior?

We'd certainly not want for the younger crowd getting mislead into thinking otherwise.
We sell much more pricier types of Creatine in our range and still we recommend Monohydrate even though it is the least expensive of them all in our range.

Happy to discuss.

This message should really have a thread of it's own as people are spending too much on other types of Creatine.

Bulk Nutrients.

Yes, definitely agree on Creatine Monohydrate (CM) as the current superior Creatine available. I say current cause you really never know haha

It's the form that has been most researched, and has been piggybacked by some companies using CM studies as a basis for their own products, I know of companies in the States that have done this for Creatine Ethyl Ester and Tri Malate in the past.

I was taking USN Creatine Mono before and I noticed an increase in strength especially in bench. I didn't do a loading phase, just a teaspoon a day. On the container it suggests cycling 3 weeks on and 3 weeks off and loading 4-5 teaspoons a day for 5 days.

From reading this thread it seems I don't have to load or cycle. So when I start up again I'll continue the 1-2 teaspoons a day.

When this runs out I'll try either Concret (pills or powder?) or BN Mono.