• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hi All,

My Name is Dom, Im 29 and live in Sydney

I've joined this site for a number of reasons. The main being I want to keep learning about how to keep fit and live a cleaner lifestyle.
I am also trying to join the fire brigade so will be looking for any tips with regards to that.

Hope to talk with you all soon

Cheers

Another forum newbie!

- Name: Nicholas
- Training experience: 2.5 years.

Have been training for a few years, lifting 3 times a week, plenty of swimming and compulsory PT sessions. Have a pretty decent gym on base which is handy.

Look forward to reading through some topics!

Name: Steven Roennfeldt (representative from GymAndFitness.com.au)

Training experience: Several years on and off, a lot of inconsistency but sticking to the training plan (especially now that I have a 250sqm showroom at my disposal!) and diet for a year and a half now!

Background: Recently got into the fitness industry and loving it! Use to weigh 130kg (203cm) and now down to 110kg through training and healthy eating.

Name - Luke
Age - 34
Gender - Male
Location - Gold Coast
Training Experience - I trained quite hard in my early 20's but let it slip and have missed it since. Recently got back into training, have amended my diet as well not that it was bad or anything have always maintained a relatively "clean" diet for the last 5 years. It's been great getting back into it, really wanting to grow quite a bit... i'm currently 80kgs and 187cm so i've got a fair way to go... my goal is a lean 88-90kgs...

Great site, I'm glad I stumbled across it!

I'm Theo. 28 years old from Melbourne :)

It's been over a year since I trained in a gym (used to go to Doherty's Dandenong for just over 2 years), but had over a year off and now have come back on deck to give it a go again. I had some decent gains last time, but I'm a push bike rider, so it's hard to balance both, as the cardio and weights don't seem to agree so much!

I just bought a Force USA rack and weights from Graeme (littlebloke) last weekend, so looking forward to training at home and actually learning proper techniques from this website. Being a rider, I have fairly decent leg strength, but would love to improve on my upper body (chest really), hence being able to bench at home without fear of being ridiculed! I have a bit of a funny left shoulder so hoping to strengthen it up again so I can start benching properly. My last figures were OK for a beginner, but nothing too special;

Bench - 80KG max (almost died at 90!)
Squat - 120KG max
Dead - 110KG
(Obviously I don't count the bar in this, which I assume is the correct way to do so)
Leg Press - 320KG (or whatever 700lbs is in KG). Struggled towards the end, but it's a good feeling when you have finished them :)

If there's any cyclists here (road or mountain bike), I'd be keen to have a chat too! :eek:)

Cheers,
Theo

Hi all, I'm new here also, looking forward to joining in on the discussions!

31 Y/O from TAS, training around 10 years, ex competitive powerlifter and bodybuilder, now just raising my two young kids and fitting in training where possible.

Great site, I'm glad I stumbled across it!

I'm Theo. 28 years old from Melbourne :)

It's been over a year since I trained in a gym (used to go to Doherty's Dandenong for just over 2 years), but had over a year off and now have come back on deck to give it a go again. I had some decent gains last time, but I'm a push bike rider, so it's hard to balance both, as the cardio and weights don't seem to agree so much!

I just bought a Force USA rack and weights from Graeme (littlebloke) last weekend, so looking forward to training at home and actually learning proper techniques from this website. Being a rider, I have fairly decent leg strength, but would love to improve on my upper body (chest really), hence being able to bench at home without fear of being ridiculed! I have a bit of a funny left shoulder so hoping to strengthen it up again so I can start benching properly. My last figures were OK for a beginner, but nothing too special;

Bench - 80KG max (almost died at 90!)
Squat - 120KG max
Dead - 110KG
(Obviously I don't count the bar in this, which I assume is the correct way to do so)
Leg Press - 320KG (or whatever 700lbs is in KG). Struggled towards the end, but it's a good feeling when you have finished them :)

If there's any cyclists here (road or mountain bike), I'd be keen to have a chat too! :eek:)

Cheers,
Theo

Hi fellow newbie!

List the bar in your lifts, one always assumes a 20kg olympic bar.

gday gang,

iv been around most of the forums but have decided to cancel my other dealings with them(its all a bit to "keyboard" hero for my liking) iv been directed to this board and i hope its as good as im told.

iv been training 20years, i bench about 140kg most days, max is about 170 on a good day. sqauts and deadlifts are C150-200. i really just poerlift these days, im my younger days i dabbled in the steroid trade and grew well, strong and healthy, iv been ripped off to much so im pretty much clean atm.

i hope i can help some young guys and look forward to helping out.

cheers
B

Hi All, First time posting on the forums, thought i had best introduce myself.

- Name - Rob
- Age - 29
- Gender - Male
- Height - 168cm
- Weight - 66kg (11% BF)
- Location - Sydney
- Training experience - Training since late 2011
- Any Interests - Health & fitness, Nutrition & supplements, Modified car scene, Study, most sports really and pretty much any outdoor activity

Joined AUSBB as its always nice to be part of a community of like minded people on a local front and to learn as much as possible from those with more experience.

Current goals - After completing an initial cutting phase in late 2011 and bulking to 83kg (sept 2012) my goal is to finish off my first proper "cut" and get back on the bulk in a few weeks trying to stay as lean as possible throughout the bulking phase this year that way next time i cut i have less BF to lose :)
Long term goal is 75kg @ 10% BF

new member - skip

Hi all..

Skip here.. new to the forums... thought I would do the right thing and say hi!

- Age - 35
- Gender - Male
- Location - Brisvegas
- Training experience - Not too much
- Weight - 80 kg
- Height - 175 cm
- Goals - To get a little stronger.. haha..

Just set up a bit of a gym space at home...

Olympic bar from Again Faster, 150kg of bumper plates from them as well
Force USA Adjustable Width Squat Stands and a Force USA bench to go with them.
Some mats on the floor and 10kg medicine ball

Hopefully enough to get some things done at home...

Anyway - hope to learn a bunch of stuff everyone here and strengthen up!

cheers

Skip