• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Welcome to the forum

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

Name: James

Training Experiences: about 8 months strength/general training, but that was close to 3 years ago...

Interests: Bikes, all mountain/downhill, cars, 4x4s, photography, good heavy music, gaming, painting (automotive)

Current Weight: 78kg, up from 76kg when i stopped training

Height: 168cm i think..

Goals: Get stuck into a serious training program for the next 12+ months, tighten up my diet, its pretty good at the moment and has been for the last few years, my job is pretty active so i havnt lost too much muscle, spend most of the day lifting and on my feet all day.

I have a slight spinal condition known as 'Shermans Syndrome' basicly my lower back curves in too far, and upper curves out too far, it doesn't really effect training, but i need to maintain strength to help support it and keep the pain down to a minimum.

In the last few days since discovering this forum, i've found a heap of info, and motivation, hoping to get back in the gym this week.

:cool:

Welcome to ausbb James!

Good on you for being motivated and getting started, I wish you the best of luck with your training goals! :)

New old guy

Quick intro

Turning 50 this September,have trained on and off over the years with no real direction,I have always been reasonably fit due to genetics and moderately
physical job (mechanic).

Over the last year I have worked away every week in a small truck delivering school demountables which meant a decrease in physical activities and many hours spent sitting and driving,living in truck stops and generally poor eating habits.

Recently I moved in with my partner (I have been separated and living alone for 6 years) and now have a 'normal' day job at a desk as a service advisor in a car dealership and a wonderful new life :)

Middle age spread has caught up with me and to this extent I will probably
be a regular visitor to the nutrition forum ( I have been lurking for some time)

Current stats
50 yo, Height 5'10, weight 90kg,BF guesstimate 26%

Have been part of an overseas BB forum over the years but looking forward
to being part of an Australian community

Geoff

Quick intro

Turning 50 this September,have trained on and off over the years with no real direction,I have always been reasonably fit due to genetics and moderately
physical job (mechanic).

Over the last year I have worked away every week in a small truck delivering school demountables which meant a decrease in physical activities and many hours spent sitting and driving,living in truck stops and generally poor eating habits.

Recently I moved in with my partner (I have been separated and living alone for 6 years) and now have a 'normal' day job at a desk as a service advisor in a car dealership and a wonderful new life :)

be a regular visitor to the nutrition forum ( I have been lurking for some time)

Current stats

Geoff

welcome to ausbb Geoff!

Great intro! Congrats on your beautiful new life :)

Best of luck with your fitness goals!

Welcome to the forum

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

Hi,

Long time lurker. Name's Ben. Live in perth, down south of the river.
Im 19 this year, current a uni student doing a computer science degree in my first year.

height: 173cm
weight: around 64~65kg (around 15% bf)

Strength training experience: virtually none. Started training at the start of the year with lots of cardio (jogging, running & walks) and managed to lose close to 8kg. Later bought a bench and some adjustable dumbbells, and been doing some forms of trainings with them since then.

Goal: Get bigger, and stronger, not just physically but mentally.

Plans: saving up to purchase a rack, bar, bench and some weights to start proper strength training at home and some oly lifts down the track.

Looking forward to participating and making friends in this community, although im usually not good with the two.

Cheers,
BenH

Last edited:
Hey Ben

welcome.gif

Hi all :)

Been a long time lurker but never joined. Had nothing to do today so i joined up.

Started training at 15yo @ 49kg, and managed to bulk up to 105kg. Took some time off training and dropped to about 74kg. Just started training again the last 6 months (last month seriously as i now am single :)) and now sitting around 83kg.

I train 6 days a week. My routine is a bodybuilding split but largely based around Olympic weightlifting

Chest
Olympic Lifting (Clean and snatches)
Arms
Legs (Snatch Balance & then legs)
Shoulders (Power snatch & power cleans and then shoulders)
Back (Deadlifts)
Rest

Goals: Stronger and bigger.. and make it into the olympics (AWF Supersquad :))

Last edited:

Been a long time lurker but never joined. Had nothing to do today so i joined up.

Started training at 15yo @ 49kg, and managed to bulk up to 105kg. Took some time off training and dropped to about 74kg. Just started training again the last 6 months (last month seriously as i now am single :)) and now sitting around 83kg.

I train 6 days a week. My routine is a bodybuilding split but largely based around Olympic weightlifting

Chest
Arms
Back (Deadlifts)
Rest

Welcome lurker man :)

You've made great progress so far! Best of luck with your goals (AWF Supersquad! Yeah boi!) and glad you finally joined up! ;)

Name: Danielle
Interests: I love the fitness industry and have a new found love for the gym and building the best body I can.
Goals: I would like to be in perfect form for a bikini/sports body competition. I recently met a pro bodybuilder who trains fitness models and wants to help me compete in october! Very nervous but excited!

I joined ausbb to inspire and motivate me to reach my goals.

Hey guys and gals. I'm 36 live in Townsville, North Queensland. Train 4 days a week. Weigh about 88 kgs, pushing for 90 though. Been training on and off for years but now getting serious

welcome, I like Townsville :)

Name
elmo
male last time I checked (ex-wife might have my balls but I kept the cock)
Training experience (if you have any that is)
Lifted, played footy, martial arts as a youngin. Years of drug an alcohol abuse and general chaos living have left me underweight. Currently on a long term bulk to end all bulks, inhaling epic amounts of food. Up to 75 from 65 @ end last year
Any Interests
rooting, eating, running a muck and trying to stay out of the shit.

Haven't looked at a computer since high school never knew this stuff existed.

Welcome matey

My advice to you is to sow those oats throughout the week, and then pray for a fucking crop failure on Sunday my boy.

Do you like meerkats like I like meerkats?

New to forum. Powerlifter. 1 year of training for such, 4 years prior for fat loss and getting bigger.

Question: I am working in east Sydney for a couple of weeks and wanted suggestions for a gym in the area. I will be staying in Bondi and working around Rose Bay area. Happy to travel a bit but not for an hour or so. Just want a basic gym with a squat rack and free weights. Not interested in a Fitness First. Outrageous single use fees and nagging sales people. Just a simple gym that does not mind someone deadlifting.

welcome, nice part of Sydney you'll be staying in

PTC Sydney...

correct

Name:Mike Heath
Current Weight: 82 Kg(Before 91 Kg)
Goal Weight:72 Kg.
Libertyville Gym

Stay classy Joysey :)

Welcome to ausbb MHeath :)

Good luck with your goals!

what's luck got to do, got to do with it? :D

Welcome new people

I love your retro avi bradsky.....reminds me of the acid jazz albums i used to be into a while back

Name: James

Training Experiences: about 8 months strength/general training, but that was close to 3 years ago...

Interests: Bikes, all mountain/downhill, cars, 4x4s, photography, good heavy music, gaming, painting (automotive)

Current Weight: 78kg, up from 76kg when i stopped training

Height: 168cm i think..

Goals: Get stuck into a serious training program for the next 12+ months, tighten up my diet, its pretty good at the moment and has been for the last few years, my job is pretty active so i havnt lost too much muscle, spend most of the day lifting and on my feet all day.

I have a slight spinal condition known as 'Shermans Syndrome' basicly my lower back curves in too far, and upper curves out too far, it doesn't really effect training, but i need to maintain strength to help support it and keep the pain down to a minimum.

In the last few days since discovering this forum, i've found a heap of info, and motivation, hoping to get back in the gym this week.

:cool:

welcome bud...enjoy the forum :)

Welcome Amanda, will enjoy watching your weightloss journey :)

I will enjoy watching you watching her. :eek:

Quick intro

physical job (mechanic).

Current stats

Geoff

Welcome Geoff, good luck buddy. :)

Hi,

Long time lurker. Name's Ben. Live in perth, down south of the river.
Im 19 this year, current a uni student doing a computer science degree in my first year.

height: 173cm
weight: around 64~65kg (around 15% bf)

Strength training experience: virtually none. Started training at the start of the year with lots of cardio (jogging, running & walks) and managed to lose close to 8kg. Later bought a bench and some adjustable dumbbells, and been doing some forms of trainings with them since then.

Goal: Get bigger, and stronger, not just physically but mentally.

Plans: saving up to purchase a rack, bar, bench and some weights to start proper strength training at home and some oly lifts down the track.

Looking forward to participating and making friends in this community, although im usually not good with the two.

Cheers,
BenH

Hiya Ben...all the best with it young fella :)

Chest
Arms
Back (Deadlifts)
Rest

Good luck champ, welcome to the forum :)

Name: Danielle
Interests: I love the fitness industry and have a new found love for the gym and building the best body I can.
Goals: I would like to be in perfect form for a bikini/sports body competition. I recently met a pro bodybuilder who trains fitness models and wants to help me compete in october! Very nervous but excited!

I joined ausbb to inspire and motivate me to reach my goals.

Welcome Danielle...all the best with your goals :)

Hey guys just joined today!

- Name: Eric
- Nickname: Rollo
- Training experience: 12mth weightloss through jogging and diet, 12mths Muay Thai, no lifting experience.
- Any Interests: guitar, rock climbing, kayaking, training!
- Stats: currently 184cm, 90kg, ~16%BF (a guess)

After reaching ~125kg, in a family with many examples of obesity and heart disease, I decided enough was enough and that I was going to dramatically change my life and chase my childhood dream of joining the Army. Here I am ~40kg later looking to further my fitness and see what I can achieve. Having to stay fit for my job is a great motivator as it gives plenty of like minded people to compete with, and gauge myself against, while also promoting fitness goals that go beyond the average.

Yay good for you rollo! I've already congratulated you on such a good job where the commitment to weight loss and health is concerned - fantastic!

I wish you the very best of luck with your strength and training goals!

Welcome to ausbb :)