• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
G'day guys, I'm kim ( MALE! ) lol.
I'm 32, 89 kgs 6.2f and of normal build. I have been doing weights for 5 weeks ;) I've attempted before but i'm really really keen to put some size on this time and stick with it. i won't wear t-shirts at work because i feel i'm to skinny! my wife hates that i feel that way but uno how it can be. I feel i'm addicted already! I train 5 days a week giving muscle groups 3 days rest. i spend 45 mins a day doing my workouts and take a protein supplement after wards. i eat 200 grams of tuna and 425grams of baked beans everyday. I also work out at around 7 pm and then rest.

Any suggestions on improving or am i doing anything wrong?

thanks guy's...Kim ( barnsey )

G'day guys, I'm kim ( MALE! ) lol.
I'm 32, 89 kgs 6.2f and of normal build. I have been doing weights for 5 weeks ;) I've attempted before but i'm really really keen to put some size on this time and stick with it. i won't wear t-shirts at work because i feel i'm to skinny! my wife hates that i feel that way but uno how it can be. I feel i'm addicted already! I train 5 days a week giving muscle groups 3 days rest. i spend 45 mins a day doing my workouts and take a protein supplement after wards. i eat 200 grams of tuna and 425grams of baked beans everyday. I also work out at around 7 pm and then rest.

Any suggestions on improving or am i doing anything wrong?

thanks guy's...Kim ( barnsey )

Hi Kim,
Welcome. Man, 425 gms baked beans!! Bit windy at your place! :D
What routine do you follow?
Steve

i just wrote out my whole progam!!!!!!! AND LOST IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ARRRHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LATA!

You mean you have 200gms of tuna every day, 6 x a day dont you?

One can has 425gms, surely you dont eat 1/2 can of tuna a day, typo?

Hi and welcome Kim,

Make a thread about your training and diet, you may even want to start a log.

Keep that up and it will be decades before you wear a t shirt big fella, you know muscle is built by eating protein, not lifting weights?

hello,
- Name: beau
- Training experience (if you have any that is): been traning just over 1year
- Any Interests: usual teen stuff, cars, footy(nrl), the girls, parties all the good shiz..
just saying hello and keep your eyes out i got some questions il be posting up
cheers guys :)

Hi guys,

- Name - Jay
- Age - 30
- Gender - Male
- Location - Sydney
- Training experience - 2 years
- Any Interests - Sports and Nutrition

Heard great things about this site and it's good to join the team, Cheers.

Last edited:
- Name: Greg
- Training experience (if you have any that is): Some - Still a novice though!
- Any Interests: Photography, Mountain biking.

I joined Ausbb to get away from the clouts on BB.com. And, for a more localised source (and therefore more relevant in terms of supps, stores etc.) of information.

I'm not lifting competitively, nor do I ever plan to at this stage, I train purely just to feel good and look healthy. There is also an element of sports training involved, for my mountain biking, but I have yet to really see benefits of strength training for MTB.

I have a "body figure" that I am trying to achieve. I guess that is my goal. I also would like to eventually incorporate specific exercises that will benefit my MTBing in terms of endurance for hill climbing.

At the moment I'm trying to bulk up a little, come Spring/Summer I'll get back into the cardio and probably drop training back to two days a week to maintain myself as well as shed a bit of excess fat. I hope there's a bit of muscle under there after ~3 months of Starting Strength :)

So far my lifts are as follows (all 3 x 5 reps)

100kg squat
110kg deadlift
85kg bench
52.5kg press

I'm currently 87kg.

Last edited:
- Name: David
- Training experience: 1yr
- Any Interests: 4x4ing, Camping, Spearfishing,

Current Lifts are
145kg Squat (this is a few months old)
190kg Deadlift
95kg Clean and Jerk

I train for good all round strength as I’m a Navi for a 4x4 winch challenge truck so I need the strength and fitness to move large rocks and drag winch cables up rocky ledges.

Name - Andrew
Age - 18
Gender - Male
Location - South-Western Sydney
Occupation - full time student: Bachelor of Design in Industrial Design at UTS
Training experience - about 7 months on Starting Strength
Interests - playing guitar, basketball
Current Weight - 83 - 85kg (i have dodgy scales :p) up from 69kg 7 months ago
Height - roughly 183cm
Goals - I just want to get stronger overall. In 5 months time I would like to be able to squat 150, deadlift 185 and bench 100. Im doubtful about the bench but this isn't the forum to discuss it. Perhaps I'll make a post in the Strength Training thread down the track.
Current Numbers I haven't tried out my one rep max on each of the lifts in a while but I estimate my lifts to be:

squat: 135
deadlift: 155
bench: 70
military press: 50 (I know for certain that this is my 1rm)

I also power clean but I've only started that recently and my form isn't so good so it might be a bit early to say what my maximum is.

A mate of mine told me about this site and I've found some really interesting and useful posts. From lurking for a while, I can see that Fadi and Markos seem to be strength training and body building encyclopaedias.

Name - Andrew
Age - 18
Gender - Male
Location - South-Western Sydney
Occupation - full time student: Bachelor of Design in Industrial Design at UTS
Training experience - about 7 months on Starting Strength
Interests - playing guitar, basketball
Current Weight - 83 - 85kg (i have dodgy scales :p) up from 69kg 7 months ago
Height - roughly 183cm
Goals - I just want to get stronger overall. In 5 months time I would like to be able to squat 150, deadlift 185 and bench 100. Im doubtful about the bench but this isn't the forum to discuss it. Perhaps I'll make a post in the Strength Training thread down the track.
Current Numbers I haven't tried out my one rep max on each of the lifts in a while but I estimate my lifts to be:

squat: 135
deadlift: 155
bench: 70
military press: 50 (I know for certain that this is my 1rm)

I also power clean but I've only started that recently and my form isn't so good so it might be a bit early to say what my maximum is.

A mate of mine told me about this site and I've found some really interesting and useful posts. From lurking for a while, I can see that Fadi and Markos seem to be strength training and body building encyclopaedias.

Welcome to Ausbb Andrew.

Fadi.