• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Thanks so much, glad to be part of the forum as I just signed up today!

About me:

John, age 36, in the fitness world for over 20 years.

Last edited:
- Name - Damian aka damo
- Age - 27
- Gender - Male
- Location - Brisbane
- Training experience - 3 day split
- Any Interests - Bodybuilding,any sport, motor racing, music, photography

Currently 102.1(86.1kg mm) @ 15.7%
Bench - 110 (2011 - 150kg)
Squat - 160 (2011 - 200kg+)
Deadlift - 180 (2011 - 200kg+)

- Name - Sam
- Age - 29
- Gender - M
- Location - Sydney

Moved over from the UK with work in November and just got back training again as had a few injuries and 2010 was a bit of a write off so keen to get going again. haven't trained consistently for quite a while now and historically always had a bodybuilding focus to things

Current lifts are 165 - Deadlift, 135 Squat, 105 bench.

Aside from that may pick up a few tips about settling into Oz!

name - callan
age - 15
gender - m
location - Melbourne
training experience - PTC beginners program (just started)
interests - strength training, hunting, guitar

clean: 55kgs
squat: 55kgs
bench: 40kgs
deadlift: 130kgs

Last edited:
Workout

Mon- Chest Triceps
Push Ups 3x20
Flat Bench 3x8
Incline 2x12
Dips 3x10- weighted
Skull Crushers s/s pullovers 3x8

Tues - Shoulders
Arnie Press- 3x8
Side Raisers 3x8
Front Raises 3x8
Shrugs 3x8

Wed- Back & Biceps
Chins 3x Max
Deads 3x8
Bent Rows 3x8
DB curls 3x8
Reverse Curl 2x12

Friday- Legs & Abs
Squat 3x8
Front Squat 2x12
Leg ext 3x10
Calf Raises 2xMax
Crunches 3x50
Floor Wipers 3x10

MAX LIFTS

Squat- 140kg, Bench 125kg, Deadlift 165kg (all weight ive got at home),

Couple of points -
1. Try and move your shoulder day exercises into either chest or back day and cut the Tuesday completely.
2. Drop a few of the 'smaller' exercises in favour of doing more sets on the big exercises eg dropping leg extensions and front squats in favour of more back squat sets
3. Why the 3 sets of push ups before the flat bench? The flat bench is going to do more for your pecs than push ups

Otherwise maybe look at a few of the body builder threads, or training diaries to get some ideas (BB not really my thing :p)

Hi all. Im Chris.

I am 23 yrs, from sydney, and looking to pack on some serious size over the next year. Then cut down, get the aesthetics and try some male modelling shoots. haha, we'll see how we go.

otherwise, pleasure to meet you all.

Name
- Training experience (if you have any that is)
- Any Interests

Hey all, Adrian here.

Male, 20 years old in Adelaide. Have mainly done bodyweight exercises over the last few years. I'm a lightweight and wouldn't mind putting on a few kilos as well as getting stronger.

Looking at getting some more basic gear (have weights and barbell/dumbells), anyone know of good places in the northern suburbs of Adelaide, to get a bench press bench and eventually a squat/power rack. Rebel sport seem to have some cheap ones, i assume the quality wouldn't be there might i seems like a good start.

Interests are pretty much the norm, reading, cars, music, fitness.

Hey.

I have been using ausbb for info gathering for the last couple weeks and realised that I had not introd myself.

my story is pretty much, I'm 20, from melbourne, I lost around 25kgs last year, now weigh in at 75 and have decided that I really need to bulk up and gain some muscle, for both personal reasons and work reasons.

currently in the market for a power cage so i hope some peeps can help me out!

cheers!

Just starting up again

Name - Simon
Age - 36
Gender - Male
Location - Colac, Vic
Training experience - Used to do quite a bit when i was around 20, but recently just running and some light weights. Getting more serious about it now and have started counting calories eating cleaner over the past couple of weeks. Have put on 1.5 kgs in the past few weeks and lost a little fat. Good to see some progress.
Weight - 73kg
Height - 168cm
Any Interests - Sailing, running (giving that up so i can bulk up a bit more) and guitar.

Hello everyone,

Been lurking for abit, thought I should post in here so I don't feel like I'm getting something for nothing.
There is such a large knowledge base here its unbeleivable.
NAME:Mick, or Beauy
TRAINING: up until I joined the defence force I had not done anyphysical training in my life what so ever, so did some running and pushups and got in(ARMY-corps of signals).
About a year and half ago really started going to the gym alot more and now that I'm not as much of a noob and have stopped doing every workout that bodybuilding .com offers (realized they dont do shit unless your superman...), Been doing a push pull routine ATM which is giving me good results (making sure I have the major lifts in there of course).
Oh and not to mention shit tins of cardio which I cant really avoid( Army love there cardio).
WEIGHT: 87KG AROUND 16- 22% body fat I think last time but i was 80kg then about 8 months ago.
HEIGHT: 185 CM
CURENT PB'S:
DEADLIFT- 5 x 135kg,
BENCH- 5 x 75kg,
OVERHEAD PRESS- 5 x 60kg

FRONTSQUAT - 5 x 65kg
BACK SQUAT - 3 x 80KG
FLOOR CLEAN - 5 x 65KG (possibly could be more but havent tried recently)

:)

Name: Shaun
Training experience: Not much. I started getting serious a year ago and purchased an Olympic bar (from Gym Direct of course). I'm now mostly interested in strength training so I don't know how appropriate my membership here is :confused:.
I figure that at a minimum I should be able to lift and carry my wife and kids and move them all at once if needed. I would rather stay small and be 'wiry' strong. Especially that, rather than be very big but have no functional strength.
Any Interests: Diet/nutrition/health, models, woodworking, console games, etc. Too many hobbies and no time to do them all.

I'm about 85kg at ~10% BF

Deadlift: 170 5x3 (I was up to 175 and on the way to reach 180 by end 2010, but had to travel for work and went backwards :mad:. Damn it, why can't I have 200kg of check in luggage!)
Squat: My wife, a 28kg kettlebell, and 5kg of chain 5x3. (I'm looking at the MMPR cage so I can get serious ;))
Bench: I do push-ups on handles with my wife laying on my back 5x3. (again I need to get serious). I usually get a sore shoulder from doing flat bench and I think I need to sort my form out (but I can't do MP either, so maybe I need to do declined bench :confused:).
Chin-ups: BW+24kg 5x3

I just upped all of my weights so I'm increasing reps now. I usually aim for 5x4

I eat a hardcore paleo diet and I'm not interested in changing it or taking any supplements. I also IF most days. I'm perfectly happy getting bigger and dropping fat at the same time and I think my health is more important than following some stupid bulking diet. I'm still consuming more protein than most people without consuming protein powder, dry chicken breasts, or boring egg whites.

HEY MATE welcome would be cool to see a sample of you paleo diet or where you got your info from i am quite interested.

HEY MATE welcome would be cool to see a sample of you paleo diet or where you got your info from i am quite interested.

I have heavily researched diet and nutrition for more than 6 years and my diet has evolved along with what I learned. It's a bit hard to put into 100 words or less, but basically I eat a lot of meat, some veg and nuts and a little bit of fruit. I posted a rough eating schedule in the Post up what you are eating threadhttp://ausbb.com/nutrition-diet/8574-post-up-what-you-eating-128.html#post156955

New starter

- Name - Peter
- Age - 42
- Gender - Male
- Location - Sydney
- Training experience - cycling, rowing, basic exercise (sit up/push up)
- Any Interests - MTB'ing

I need to get back into shape after several years off due to knee injuries. I joined Ausbb because I'd like to build some strength in addition to the cardio.

here we go
name- nigel
age - 36
gender - male
location - berri south australia
a bit about me started off exercising for weight lose was at 160kg on the 5/4/2008 mainly cardio then as i lost weight add some weights only light and bodyweight. was doing full body workouts but have started at new gym and new trainer. weight loss plateaued at 97kg so now looking at building some muscle to hopefully drop body fat %
currently at 24.3% done with scales been meaning to get checked with calipers.
training is now split program three days chest & triceps , back & biceps , legs & shoulders with abs thrown in twice a week. still doing carido classes twice a week and carido work for 30 min after workout.

Hi everyone, thought Id sign up as Ive been training heaps lately and loving talking about all things exercise, and Im looking to learn heaps from the experienced people and compare notes with other weakling beginners like myself.

- Name - Andy
- Age - 33
- Gender - Male
- Location - Cheltenham, Melbourne
- Weight - 81.5kg

Ive been running regularly on and off for the past few years, and started weight training at a gym for the first time about 12 months ago. I dropped a bit of unwanted weight 89kg down to 80kg and now I want enjoy the benefits of increased strength, though I plan on doing a fair bit of running too (Run 4 The Kids in April 2011, 14km) so Im not expecting to put on much size.

Ive only started compound lifts/following Starting Strength for the last 2 months and am loving squats & DL's.

Working sets as of yesterday were:

Squat - 85kg (goal before April 105kg)
Bench - 65kg (goal before April 75kg)
DL's - 95kg (goal before April 120kg)

Medical History - I had open heart surgery when I was 2yo to repair a leaky valve in my heart, and while it was a 'good repair' I still have a massive murmur and at some point will be getting the (pulminary) valve replaced. My cardiologist has told me to 'take it easy'...I guess that means no 1RM's...Running and lifting will hopefully keep me fit and prolong needing this surgery. Eating 32846125489538 calories a day is probably not good for me either.

Any Interests: Essendon FC, Working Out, PS3, Talking sh*t, Guitar, Travel, Food, Training, Comedy, Rock/Grunge/Alternative music, Partying, Family.

- Name - Jason
- Age - 21
- Gender - M
- Location - Melb
- Training experience (if you have any that is)
Have always played sports and done weights since about 18 off / on semi serious, got right into it in 2009 and made some decent progress (was a fairly lean 80kg@170cm for a little while) but slacked off in 2010 due to uni being full on (and laziness and a few other things) so im about 78kg with a bit of a gut now :( Planning to get back into the gym this year and start up playing field hockey again, but a couple of broken toes has set me back a bit... Just hoping to learn a bit more and hopefully find some motivation here.

- Any Interests - cars (found you guys off ns.com), hockey, surfing, photography, most sports, ps3

Name: PAULLY - Paul Smith
How long have you been interested in health/fitness? i've been active all my life, trained aimlessly for a few years and about 2 years ago started taking it a bit more seriously. Am now training toward my first comp in May and studying for my Cert 3 & 4 in Fitness
Favorite foods? Salmon steaks, burgers
Favorite exercises? anything ARMS!!!! but more recently squats
Goal(s) you would like to reach? 90kg & under 10% BF - become a top competitor - top trainer - sky-dive licence - SCUBA
Goal(s) you alredy HAVE reached? 86kg and 6% BF - skydived once (and another organized) - started my study!
Favorite song to listen to while working out? Linkin Park & Jay-Z, "Collison Course", ENTIRE album, DMX - "X Gonna Give It To Ya"
Favorite movie? TOO many to list :)
Favorite TV Show? Miami Ink - American Chopper - Max's Muscle TV
Family/pets? 2 dogs - Reggie and Chico
Hobbies: MOST sports and outdoor activites, writing, drawing, PARTYING!!!
One interesting fact not too many people know about you: hmm, attained university entrance @ 15 yrs old for Art & Design!