• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
- Name - logan
- Age - 28
- Gender- male
- Location- bundaberg
-job- tin roofing
- weigth- 85kg
- height -183cm
- Training experience -been training @ home for around 6 months 1rm are b90kg s130kg d180kg
- Any Interests drinking,pc,lifting

Hello I'm rocket

I'm new to this, so I'm learning and I will be asking I suppose silly questions so be gentle.

I've done a course to help me understand I don't know how helpful it has been, we shall see.
I'm male
I want to biuld my strength
I live in Sydney
Thank you

Shane
Male
Sydney

Hadn't trained in years & blew up to 125kgs eating crap,smoking,sleep deprivation from shiftwork..basically sending myself to an early grave.

Started having major health issues.Quit smoking,stumbled & tripped around before joining a gym...got a back injury at work which required learning about nutrition & acceptable ways to exercise.

Took 6-7 months to go from 125kgs to 91.4kgs.Starting a new life.

Last edited:
Hey guys.

Tim
Male
Brisbane

Long time reader first time poster. Planning to take things a bit more seriously this year and get some decent results. Been training/fluffing around for the last 8yrs on and off sorta thing.

Hi guys,

I've just moved here from Switzerland, where I discovered strength training a year and a half ago. I came because I see Australia as the best country to live in the world, after visiting maybe 30-40 places. I love it so far!

I used to do a lot of "cardio stuff" culminating in a triathlon with half the bike leg a 10% climb (actually the way down was much scarier). But it wasn't very satisfactory, I got fat super fast and my new job left me almost no time for training the prerequisite 1-2h/day to be even half competitive.

So I read up on strength training and started a high intensity programme at a local gym (part of a Swiss chain with maybe 30 locations). I won't advertise it (don't think that's the spirit of the forum but if you are going to CH let me know by PM and I'd love to give you the address).

It was pretty much the ideal strength location: no music, only Nautilus/MedX machines (they follow the motion of your joints so you get constant resistance), super clean because run by Germans, and 1/3 cheaper than everything else in town (because nobody was clogging up the treadmills for hours, there were no treadmills). In a year I maxed out or got close to maxing out several of their machines, except for the bench press (my personal enemy). The HIT way with about 10 min spent a week was perfect for my lifestyle, I went on a run when I could but otherwise was glad not to feel guilty about staying at work til midnight...

Coming here I've had trouble locating good strength training gyms on my two 30 second google searches. So first question: where's the best place here to ask where to find a good gym?

Hi guys,
Coming here I've had trouble locating good strength training gyms on my two 30 second google searches. So first question: where's the best place here to ask where to find a good gym?
Welcome Goeland! Which part of Sydney did you relocate to?:D

Welcome Goeland! Which part of Sydney did you relocate to?:D
North Sydney/Neutral Bay. The Milsons Point pool's gym fees just seem... excessive. I just want large weights on the machines, and not picky with what (bench and leg press, with enough weights, are enough for me).

The gym chain used to be Kieser Training Australia | Strength For Health | Preventive Strength Training and Medical Therapy (Melbourne only :( ) and the Swiss business spun out into exersuisse - Das gesunde Krafttraining. 900 CHF/year in a town where a simple treadmill gym(with sweat dripping down the windows) will cost you 1,500. And they washed the changing room floors every 40 minutes or so. Amazing.

- Name: Pete
- Training experience (if you have any that is): on and off for past 16 years, more on than off though, cert 4 in fitness
- Any Interests: lots, other favorite hobby is home brewing! Quite a contrast. :)

- Name: Pete
- Training experience (if you have any that is): on and off for past 16 years, more on than off though, cert 4 in fitness
- Any Interests: lots, other favorite hobby is home brewing! Quite a contrast. :)
Hi Pete, welcome buddy!:D

Gday guys, I've just started training again in the last couple of months after a very long lay off, probably around 2-3yrs without any consistant training mainly due to my job.

Had a quick look around and this place is a great site with heaps of info.

cheers
LR

Welcome to the forum Littlerunt.

Watch out for DKD, he's gay and may try to hit on you. Please report any such activity to Admin or Moderator for appropriate action.

Cheers.

Hi I am Fitnation I had an account a while ago and have begun posting again. I live on the Sunshine Coast and have been going to the gym since 1987. I have competed 7 times. I have also competed in ANB Under 70kg at the Australian titles. At the moment I train for strength and maintenance.

Welcome to the forum Littlerunt.

Watch out for DKD, he's gay and may try to hit on you. Please report any such activity to Admin or Moderator for appropriate action.

Cheers.

I'm just a soul whose intentions are good. :)