• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Hi All

Been reading through the forums for a little while so decided to join up (largely because I wanted to drool over all those pics in the home gym thread!)

23, Male, from Western Suburbs of Sydney.
6ft, 94kgs

I have been going to the gym on and off for a few years now. Getting back into it now and have purchased a cage & some other equipment for the garage at home. Aim is to bulk up, reduce fat & maintain focus - no dropping off.

Have already enjoyed reading all the insights into lifting on this forum, it has been very helpful.

Cheers
Birdman

Name - Bryan Fraklin
Age - 32
Gender - Male
Location - United States
Training experience - Part Time Trainer since 2007.

In fitness industry, there is always a scope for learning. And i signed up for this forum just with a sheer intention of sharing my ideas with the contributors of Ausbb. May be in the process, I might learn few tips and tricks here from the expert.

Best Regards,
Bryan101

Hey guys

Figured I better start posting. Never good being that creepy guy peeking in through the windows.

Name: Michael

Bit of an intro. Got into the sport through a HM degree when I finished school. Have worked as a strength and conditioning coach for a few higher level sports teams in QLD, and in a physio on the rehab side of the house. Part timed at a few gyms while at uni to get some extra coin.

Long story short. Broke my ankle (street luge), worked in real estate to pay the bills, realised the money potential so stuck with it (young and dumb). Lived an unhealthy lifestyle for a few years while chasing that money.

Got sick of the lifestyle, joined the Army, have been here a while now. Found this site while looking for ideas for a home setup and somewhere to possibly get back into helping others lift the right way (and get out of the shit Darwin gyms myself).

Am currently in Afghanistan so there is no rush for new gear. Still having troubles with ridiculous shipping expenses to the top end, hoping to find a better option before getting home.

So, that's me. Will probably see me sticking my nose in around the place.

Last edited:
G'day all,

Long time lurker, thought it was about time I joined the AusBB family.

Work in the Navy, Live out in Serpentine in WA. Pretty much have everything needed to build W/E fitness goal is required.

I work out at home or work depending on where in the world we might be, pretty much squat every day. (90%+ twice weekly)

My focus at home is Oly lifting, at work it is the big 3 with whichever accessory lifts I have time for on completion (limited to 40 minutes most sessions).

My goals this year: (away at sea for 5 months will make it a nice chalenge !)
Squat 180kg LB, 165kg HB, 140kg FS (current 165, 145, 125)
Deadlift 235kg (205kg atm 190 in last comp)
Bench 135kg (120kg in last comp)
OHP 95kg (75kg)
C&J 120kg (100kg)

My wife and I are really enjoying the current surge in reduced equipment prices thanks to that crossfit craze, we have more barbells than family members and a couple of hundred kg of bumpers.

Look forward to joining in the conversation around here :eek:

G'day all,

Long time lurker, thought it was about time I joined the AusBB family.

Work in the Navy, Live out in Serpentine in WA. Pretty much have everything needed to build W/E fitness goal is required.

I work out at home or work depending on where in the world we might be, pretty much squat every day. (90%+ twice weekly)

My focus at home is Oly lifting, at work it is the big 3 with whichever accessory lifts I have time for on completion (limited to 40 minutes most sessions).

My goals this year: (away at sea for 5 months will make it a nice chalenge !)
Squat 180kg LB, 165kg HB, 140kg FS (current 165, 145, 125)
Deadlift 235kg (205kg atm 190 in last comp)
Bench 135kg (120kg in last comp)
OHP 95kg (75kg)
C&J 120kg (100kg)

My wife and I are really enjoying the current surge in reduced equipment prices thanks to that crossfit craze, we have more barbells than family members and a couple of hundred kg of bumpers.

Look forward to joining in the conversation around here :eek:
Going to do a three lift comp this year Ben?

Did a 3 lift comp Dec 2012, have moved on well since. I'll aim for a super total or 3 lift comp towards Oct. If there is a novice comp in Perth before May I'll probably enter it if i can get away from work.

There is a Weightlifting WA comp on at Port Kennedy (at crossfit armed) in a week (28th I think) so I'll go have a look at the local talent there before looking at entering a super total.

At the 3 lift meet there in Dec there was at least 8 people pulling over 200kg and a couple of 150 and 170kg Benches so I think it will be interesting to see what they produce in the Oly lifts.

Did a 3 lift comp Dec 2012, have moved on well since. I'll aim for a super total or 3 lift comp towards Oct. If there is a novice comp in Perth before May I'll probably enter it if i can get away from work.

There is a Weightlifting WA comp on at Port Kennedy (at crossfit armed) in a week (28th I think) so I'll go have a look at the local talent there before looking at entering a super total.

At the 3 lift meet there in Dec there was at least 8 people pulling over 200kg and a couple of 150 and 170kg Benches so I think it will be interesting to see what they produce in the Oly lifts.
Strength Club Open, April 27th. The whole super-total is an interesting concept.

Intro

Name: Rory Da Costa

Occupation: Personal trainer & Own and operate Sports Supplements Brisbane | Sports Nutrition Supplements | Protein Powder | Weight Loss | RKD Supplements | RKD Supplements

Qualifications: Cert III & IV in Fitness.

Training Experiences: 3 years training experience. Primarily resistance training, strength and Cardio. Lost 25kg and reduced body fat % from 35% to 11% Currently sitting around 15% .

Any Interests: Bodybuilding and general well being, Motocross, Kids ANd My Website.

Name: Rory Da Costa

Occupation: Personal trainer & Own and operate Sports Supplements Brisbane | Sports Nutrition Supplements | Protein Powder | Weight Loss | RKD Supplements | RKD Supplements

Qualifications: Cert III & IV in Fitness.

Training Experiences: 3 years training experience. Primarily resistance training, strength and Cardio. Lost 25kg and reduced body fat % from 35% to 11% Currently sitting around 15% .

Any Interests: Bodybuilding and general well being, Motocross, Kids ANd My Website.
Welcome to AusBB Rory.

Why should I buy from your website?

Why Buy from us ?

Because we are a smaller and newer business we like to think of our customers as individuals and not just another number like most other companies. We also Have the ability to offer low prices and free shipping as we do not have shop frontages which lowers our over heads so we can pass the discounts on to our customers.

Because we are a smaller and newer business we like to think of our customers as individuals and not just another number like most other companies. We also Have the ability to offer low prices and free shipping as we do not have shop frontages which lowers our over heads so we can pass the discounts on to our customers.

Why do you think you will be successful in an already over-saturated market and with the popularity of generic brands rather than the big name US brands starting to have a bigger share of the supplement market?

Why do you think you will be successful in an already over-saturated market and with

In my first year of business it has grown considerably from being just an ebay shop to now having my own online store. I have a good number of return customers and I am willing to work towards my goals with all that I have. A lot of the competition lacks on customer service and I believe this is a part of where i excel. Not to mention I offer free shipping on all orders.

Last edited:
In my first year of business it has grown considerably from being just an ebay shop to now having my own online store. I have a good number of return customers and I am willing to work towards my goals with all that I have. A lot of the competition lacks on customer service and I believe this is a part of where i excel. Not to mention I offer free shipping on all orders.
Best of luck with your shop Rory. :)

Hi everyone.
My name is Gary & I live in the Northern suburbs of Melbourne. I am a total noob in the world of bodybuilding hahaha. My goal is to bulk up a bit but mainly to gain more strength than I currently have. Just changed jobs from working with cars now moving onto trucks. So I want to protect myself from injury & build a bit more mass while Im at it.
Looking for any suggestions on worthwhile training regimes if anyone has any suggestions. Definatly NOT Interested in steroids & other related stuff. Each to their own.
So if anybody has any suggestions or help & can spare the time. I would love to here from you!
Cheers,
Herp

Hello!

I'm Shaun and I'm 44, a novice powerlifter and live on the Central Coast. I've lifted on and off since high school but it has just been the past few years that I have been really in strength training. Currently running 5/3/1 which has worked really well for me.

Goals are to compete in a comp (and I'm signed up for one on March 16) and eventually squat/deadlift over 200kg and bench over 140kg.

Not sure what my 1RMs are at the moment with squat and deadlift. I haven't tested them for a while but they would be around 170kg. Best bench is 115kg x 2.

I'm here to learn more about powerlifting and just have fun on the forums.

Hi Guys, happy to be here in what looks like a very active Aust BB forum. Have visited another Aussie forum for a long time but it's currently not very active and has been banned from my workplace? Live in Sydney, been training for a looong time Look forward to contributing.