• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
- Name: Jason
- Training experience (if you have any that is): Just starting. Doing some running to get my cardio to somewhere descent. Then will hit the weights.
- Any Interests: Motor sport, Vw's and bikes.

Welcome to the forum mate.
You near Taree? I hear there's major fires around there.

Sent from Pluto Space Station

Howdy!

I'm Daniel, i'm currently a 17 year old male living in Sydney's inner west suburbs.
I've been lifting for a year and a half. I wouldn't even call the year lifting though, I was just mucking around with one body part a day routines, not knowing why I did not progress in strength. My bench was at 40, could not even touch my chest, I avoided squats overall because someone had persuaded me that they make you short, avoided deadlifts too because of all those youtube accidents, heck the word even has 'dead' in it!

About 6 months ago I decided to go on a 5x5 routine and only train 3 times a week. My squats went up from nothing to 120, deadlifts from 0 to 140, bench to 60 and OHP to 40. This may not seem like much to you guys but its a heck of a lot to me after wasting that one year humping dumbbells.

Anywho, i've decided to join this site to help me pursue my one goal of bettering myself. Mainly the reason I started lifting. So hopefully I can continue learning off you lovely people (i've been lurking in the background for quite some time as I wanted to start a home gym and didn't know what to get). I thank you guys for that! I'll try and post some pics of the gym on the home gym thread when its done, Graeme from littleblokefitness (very nice guy) sold me a package and its coming right now hopefully. Hopefully I could upload some videos and you guys can help me critique my form :D!

Interests - guitar, fishing, martial arts.

Hi all,

Awesome forum here guys. I just spent about 30 hours this week researching racks and bars and a large chunk of that knowledge came from this site. Im just getting back into training after am 18 month spell due to various excuses and decided to set up my own gym at home.

Training: A few years but I started a Starting Strength program and did that for 6 months. Wow.... what a difference.
Goals: Get back all of the muscle mass I've lost.
Weight: 63!!
Best weight: 74kg
Fav Lifts: Deads and squats
Occupation: Software engineer. 18 months on a liquid diet and strapped to a pc will help you lose weight. Trust me. You may get a little soft in the process though.

Just invested in a Force USA F-PC from gym and fitness with the Lat attachment. Settled on that because it was the best price I found at the time. Should show up at the end of the week with any luck. Now just tossing up between a MM black oxide with needles for 219 or do the right thing and get the ABC BN220P which so many of the members here have suggested. I'm guessing the needles in the MM bar cant be too crash hot for that price but at my weight I wont be lifting 150+ for quite some time. My max dead was 136kg at 72kg bw. That was 6 months into the SS program. Not the best lift but acceptable for a newbie I guess.

I think maybe I accidentally changed the topic of this thread when I clicked the post reply button? Sorry to the admins. I've found the quick reply since then.

Looking forward to sucking in all of your knowledge. Cheers

G'day All, I'm Peter.
Been browsing your forum and wanting to join for a while but never felt I would fit in until recently I got a personal trainer who showed me how to lift.
I have only been lifting for 1 month and I am surprised at how lifting heavy things can feel so good!

- Name: Peter
- Training experience (if you have any that is) 1 Month
- Any Interests: Guitar, Radio, and recently the Gym

Currently 79kg of fat, lost 5 so far and looking at staying about the same weight changing from fat to muscle.

G'day [MENTION=9159]wingman[/MENTION]; I mean [MENTION=16513]wingnut[/MENTION]; :)

What lifts did your PT show you?

G'day [MENTION=9159]wingman[/MENTION]; I mean [MENTION=16513]wingnut[/MENTION]; :)

What lifts did your PT show you?

Deadlift
Military Press - Overhead
Bench Press
Squats

Must say, I am in love with Deadlifts! nothing feels better then lifting something I never thought I could (mind you this is the first month I have trained my whole life so its not much)

Deadlift
Military Press - Overhead
Bench Press
Squats

Must say, I am in love with Deadlifts! nothing feels better then lifting something I never thought I could (mind you this is the first month I have trained my whole life so its not much)
Excellent. No Smith machine?

Excellent. No Smith machine?

Nope, No Smith machine.
Although probably not a bad idea because I am training by myself, but not doing heavy enough weights to do any damage to warrant it :)

Hopefully I'll make some training friends when I get into heavy weights and not use the machine.

Nope, No Smith machine.
Although probably not a bad idea because I am training by myself, but not doing heavy enough weights to do any damage to warrant it :)

Hopefully I'll make some training friends when I get into heavy weights and not use the machine.
No. Listen to your PT...There's a reason why he didn't show you the Smith. ;)

Hi all,

Jarrod here, 40 yr old male Old Enough To Know Better.

6 foot 98 kegs been back in the gym for a few months, been researching a few things and found this place.

From Country Vic

Hope to get to learn a lot from you guys

Thanx for having me

Hi [ausbbyou] and welcome to ausbb

Welcome to the forum [MENTION=16524]OETKB[/MENTION];

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto

- Name: Brett
- Training experience: I used to be a competative gymnast until my late teens, since then I haven't really done and training and really miss what I used to be able to do.
- Any Interests: MTB Riding and IT would be my main interests.

I started MTB riding about 12 months ago as a way to lose weight, however I was having a lot of trouble with the hill climbs so in March I joined up to a 12 week program, that lead in to a 20 week program of weight lifting and I am hooked. I have dropped about 20 KG in the last 12 months and can't get enough of lifting.
I have now just started the strength program by PTC from this site.

Welcome to the forum [MENTION=16526]Oversizedspoon[/MENTION];

Sent from my iPod touch from Pluto

Name: Sam

Training Experiences: Been training since 12, bodybuilding since 16.

Current Weight: Teetering around 100 after a major cut, looking joocy now!!

Height: 192cm

Goals: Pack on slabs of muscle, stay lean!

Thanks for inviting me round guys, can't wait to get involved!! Cheers, Sam!