• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Welcome [MENTION=16611]potatorex[/MENTION]; [MENTION=16606]Maximus[/MENTION]; [MENTION=16614]acgoogle[/MENTION]; & [MENTION=16615]Mikey1st[/MENTION]; [MENTION=16454]dansedgli[/MENTION];

Hi from Sydney

Hi all.
Trained and competed in BB and powerlifting as a teen. Stopped training for 12 years or so, now starting back in.....and loving it!
I'm looking forward to saying hi and hopefully contributing to topics where I may have some knowledge.

Name*- Matt
Age- 40
Gender- Male
Location- Sydney
Training experience (if you have any that is)-As above

Hi I'm Pete from Adelaide. I started working out in July after hitting the big 4.0 and realising how much of a fat, lazy bastard I had become. I joined the local gym and started on a beginner's workout routine I found on aworkoutroutine.com.
Originally I wanted to get 'toned' and have that ripped look that everyone seems to rave about but after lifting for the last 4 months I have become addicted to power lifting. My numbers aren't all that impressive yet but I have managed 70kg bench for 8 reps, 100kg squat for 8 reps and 140kg deads for 6 reps. I am hoping to lift my numbers up over the next year and enter a PL comp just so I can add it to my 'done that' list and see how far I can push myself.

Hi there,

I've just joined the site so here goes...

Name: Phill

Training: I've been training one way or another since the age of 5. I did karate and kick boxing from 5-11. Cross country running 11-14 before I took to boxing off and on for 3 to 4 years. At the age of 18 I joined the British military (I'm a pom by the way.... Feel free to insert abuse here ;) ). Being a Royal Marines Commando meant that physical training was an integral part of day to day life, whether it was long runs, assault courses, weight training or just doing push ups til my eyes bleed. When I left the marines in 2006 I lived in Thailand for a year where I worked as a scuba diving instructor. I also took up Thai boxing and having the opportunity train in Thailand using authentic methods was in incredible.
I returned to the UK in 2007 where for a little while I was lucky if I managed to get to the gym twice a week. In 2008 I took up boxing again, more for fitness than anything else, this lasted a year before I had to give it up due to work commitments. 2009-11 was just going to the gym as and when I could interspersed with a bit of running here and there.
At the end of 2011 I began to train a bit more seriously, I had a new job working as a security
Consultant on commercial ships, part of the job description was to be fit and look the part. Whilst working on ship with a team of 2 or 3 other ex marines we would train every day in some way. If the ship had a decent gym we would do 3 to 4 days a week in the gym and then do circuits for the rest of the time. If there was no gym we would use whatever was lying around: sand bags, engine parts, random bits of steel, rope, pipes basically anything we could get out hands on. So that's my history training wise. Sorry it's not the short version:cool:

Interests: martial arts/boxing although only as a spectator for the time being, fitness in general, reading, surfing and spending time with the wife and kids.

Question: after years of talking about it I've finally decided to take the leap and try to get into the Pt side of things. The only issue I have is time, as I'm the earner in the house. As such I would need to do a part time course. I would love to be able to go been to school and study properly but it's simply not an option. Where is the best place to start? If I did a cert iii and iv would I realistically be able to get work or would I just be wasting time and money? In keen to get started asap so any help would be great. I read on here that Rmit was good but having looked into it I don't think they do the course any more.

Thanks in advance

Phill

Name - Kehnan
Age- 21
Gender- Male
Location- Canberra
Training experience - 4 yrs.
height - 6'0

started at 73kg 8-9%bf now am at 84kg with slightly more body fat (10-11).

Hi all

Training Experiences: about 1 month
Interests: Playing Golf, Watersports and Gaming
Goals: To become the strongest i can possible be

Yea i am actually but haven't got many hours, so hard when everything is so close to you. I just walk or ride everywhere :)