• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Ugh.. buggered if I'd swim in the amazon, let alone pee in it to attract those fekkin' things.

It must be like a gay parasite... swimming up knobs and chit.

- Name Ryan

- Age 30

- Gender Male

- Location Central Victoria

- Training experience
Been training 2 years

- Any Interests Cars, Soccer

I joined cause i was browsing google for a few articles and stumbled across the forum and thought it would be a good idea to join an aussie based one...as im already on bb.com

Im tryin to put some size on and be healthy and fit

Yo [MENTION=17875]DukeZ[/MENTION];

.. What are your thoughts on the liberal partys plans to limit the breeding of the so called 'inferior' goat breed - Arapawa?

i believe that no goat breed is inferior to any other goat breed. @El testicle

I like it... 'I still have a dream, a dream deeply rooted in the Australian dream – one day this nation will rise up and live up to its creed, "We hold these truths to be self evident: that all goats are created equal."

Hi all, just joined the site today after seeing some random guy wearing one of your t-shirts whilst I was out grocery shopping. I've been going to the gym 2-3 times a week for a few years but about 6 weeks something clicked in my brain and now I'm going 5-6 days per week and loving it. I do need some advice, though.
I am doing 25mins cardio, and about 15mins weights. I'd love some thoughts on what I could do in a 5 day/week program to drop about 5kg (im 177cm 82kg) and build the male "vanity" muscles, ie chest, arms, legs.
All feedback appreciated!
cheers

... to drop about 5kg (im 177cm 82kg) and build the male "vanity" muscles, ie chest, arms, legs.
All feedback appreciated!
cheers

Hi DocOrange - seeing you're in Shepparton, maybe it was the AUSBB Administrator himself you saw modelling the T-shirt!

As for advice, I'd say that you should make your goal to get stronger, and the others will come along with it. Trying to "loose weight" is a negative thing, and hard to stay motivated about.

I'm the same height as you. A couple of years ago I was 79kg, fat around the waist, and had what looked like a 4-month pregnancy.

Now I'm heaps stronger (as objectively measured by what I can lift), three belt-notches slimmer, no longer embarassed to wear a T-shirt (or nothing), and better looking (as indicated by my wife's physical response to me ...). And I weigh 86kg!

Do the "Stronglifts" 5x5 program, or something similar. Weight-lifting is by far the most time-efficient way to get fitter (that's what I think, and I expect most of the other forum participants too - you might get a different opinion on a jogging forum!).

Good luck! :)

What the hell are "Vanity Muscles" anyway?
Forget dat shit. Build all the muscles, even the ones you can't see.

Lol @ Sandin Face, I wonder who he was .....

Anyway, thanks for the advice, can't jog for shit, happy to train more muscle, thats what I prefer to damned cardio anyway. Where does a newb like me find this Stronglifts program?

Hi DocOrange - seeing you're in Shepparton, maybe it was the AUSBB Administrator himself you saw modelling the T-shirt!

As for advice, I'd say that you should make your goal to get stronger, and the others will come along with it. Trying to "loose weight" is a negative thing, and hard to stay motivated about.

I'm the same height as you. A couple of years ago I was 79kg, fat around the waist, and had what looked like a 4-month pregnancy.

Now I'm heaps stronger (as objectively measured by what I can lift), three belt-notches slimmer, no longer embarassed to wear a T-shirt (or nothing), and better looking (as indicated by my wife's physical response to me ...). And I weigh 86kg!

Do the "Stronglifts" 5x5 program, or something similar. Weight-lifting is by far the most time-efficient way to get fitter (that's what I think, and I expect most of the other forum participants too - you might get a different opinion on a jogging forum!).

Good luck! :)

Ok well here's my plan so far .....

Day 1 Legs; Dumbbell Squat, leg press, hamstring curl, knee extensions, calf raises
Day 2 Chest; Incline bench, dumbbell bench press, dumbbell flies, butterfly / pec dec, chest pullovers
Day3 rest day
Day 4 Back; chinups, dumbbell row, straight arm pulldowns, dumbbell shrug, v-bar pulldown
Day 5 Arms; preacher curl, decline EZ bar, hammer curls, triceps dips, calf raises

All are sets of 3 8-10 reps

Thoughts?

Ok well here's my plan so far .....

Day 1 Legs; Dumbbell Squat, leg press, hamstring curl, knee extensions, calf raises
Day 2 Chest; Incline bench, dumbbell bench press, dumbbell flies, butterfly / pec dec, chest pullovers
Day3 rest day
Day 4 Back; chinups, dumbbell row, straight arm pulldowns, dumbbell shrug, v-bar pulldown
Day 5 Arms; preacher curl, decline EZ bar, hammer curls, triceps dips, calf raises

All are sets of 3 8-10 reps

Thoughts?

Do it. Report back with results.