• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah I've ALWAYS trained fullbody in the past.

Just recently though I used a split and trained almost every single day for 6 months straight...missing only like 16 days.
Even had a huge stint in there where I essentially trained shoulders every day for like 4 weeks using the Overhead Press exclusively.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I have heard of old school guys in the 50s doing that training everyday the same muscles. for a relatively short peroid.

Yeah Cobber ...;) I normally train Upper/Lower split anyway so not masses of sets/Exercises.
I do sometimes to change it up do a typical split say

Back/Biceps
Chest/triceps
OFF
Legs
shoulders
OFF
OFF

if doing upper/Lower i like to mostly do
Upper OFF Lower OFF...etc
I will usually train arms with legs as arms with back,chest,shoulders is a lot of work.

start a log and put your honest weights up

I have heard of old school guys in the 50s doing that training everyday the same muscles. for a relatively short peroid.
Yep. I wouldn't do it any longer than I did. And probably do it shorted next time. I was running a 3 day cycle.

I think it was 27 days actually. So 9 cycles.
Heavy. Light. Medium. Repeat. Hit several PBs along the way.

Yep. I wouldn't do it any longer than I did. And probably do it shorted next time. I was running a 3 day cycle.

i trained 5-6 times over a 3 week period after months off lol,hit a pb. Thats not counting the thousands of presses i did at work though.

Yeah i mean if it works..it works. nothing is carved in stone.
I have even done a typical bro split 5 days straight and got decent results. was hard though due to shift work. some days you´re just beat up and need a day off.
If i feel i need a day off i take it, not a slave to a routine. This is why full body or upper/lower is excellent.

This thread actually reminds me of 2005 i was doing a "Brawn" type abbreviated workout. so i was doing ..

workout 1
Parallel bar dips
stiff deadlifts
barbell shoulder press

workout 2
squat
bench press
Chins, supinated

around that time i spoke to Bill Pearl on the phone 3 times(2005). A good man.
I said i was just doing undergrip chins for biceps / lats. He said, have you a preacher bench? I did not at that time but i got one & did supersets of chins & Preacher curls. works very well. He advised me to do it.
Thanks Bill.

Bill Pearl.

That's cool man. Very cool.

I've had a few dealings with Marty Ghallager. He would have known Bill Pearl personally I'm sure. Also been lucky enough to speak at length with Ed Coan on two occasions in person.

These old dogs know all the tricks.

Bill Pearl.

That's cool man. Very cool.

I've had a few dealings with Marty Ghallager. He would have known Bill Pearl personally I'm sure. Also been lucky enough to speak at length with Ed Coan on two occasions in person.

These old dogs know all the tricks.

spoke about the Navy too as he was in the US Navy during Korea. I also spoke a couple of times to Bob Kennedy , musclemag Int (RIP) he told me a story about Clint Eastwood who trained at Vinces´s Gym.
Bob kennedy knew vince very well & told me vince kicked Clint out the gym. He told me clint came back asking to get back in. he also said a story about steve reeves but i won´t write it here.

So i trained heavy deadlifts yesterday doing 190kg 3x3s. the first two sets felt so good. felt like i could maybe rep out 1-2 more reps but didnt push it. I rested 6 minutes between sets and then on the third set the first rep felt good, second felt super heavy and the third i could only get the bar to below my knees before i dropped the weight. Can anyone explain why the lift all of sudden became so much harder even though im having a substantial rest period.

everyone responds differently to exercise, many factors are involved which is another topic, the first priority is progression (adding weight to the bar) over a protracted period.

in your case consider dropping the third set, this shit is simple, working out is an activity where YOU find what works for YOU.

progression is key

everyone responds differently to exercise, many factors are involved which is another topic, the first priority is progression (adding weight to the bar) over a protracted period.

in your case consider dropping the third set, this shit is simple, working out is an activity where YOU find what works for YOU.

progression is key

i front squat more than you deadlift currently,thats after a few training sessions too. How about walking the talk a bit more.

Last edited:
i front squat more than you deadlift currently,thats after a few training sessions too. How about walking the talk a bit more.
No male who lifts consistently deadlifts less than 150kg.

Prove me wrong.

Conventional dead’s that is.
I still use trap bar, and perform sldl’s. Sometimes I do rack pulls.

Nothing wrong with deadlifts of any kind. Used appropriately. I would argue that for longevity, potentially more important than squats.

You are covered with those variations though.

Just general body strength. Remembering the body works as a total system, not on an isolated basis. As we age, strength is crucial. And simple strength movements is obvious the best and most efficient way to maintain that.

I think trap bar dead's and other variations are equally proficient in this sense.

But a regular deadlift can be just as safe and effective.

We aren't talking about pulling max weights and winning masters titles. Lol.