• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Yeah that's right, it's toxic to your arteries
da7dcc48f91c192452e00efd10f50561.jpg

Last edited:
They aren't. Carbs are a non essential macro. Zero importance. When processed, they have a big impact on increased obesity though.
Yeah I know, I was referencing a post by steve in the post up what you're eating thread.

It's distorting your view of carbs and their benefits for the general population.
in fact my response was very similar to yours
lol ok because the general population is definitely under carbing themselves and certainly wouldn't benefit from substituting potatoes for less calorie dense vegetables

not to mention that potatoes are (almost) never eaten baked on their own and are a conveyance for other calorie dense foodstuffs

Do you work Toni Galati or something?

You could eliminate fats from your diet, you won't die from it but your body won't function optimally. So are fats non essential and useless? No.... Neither are carbs.

They aren't. Carbs are a non essential macro. Zero importance. When processed, they have a big impact on increased obesity though.

Not this again. "Non essential" doesn't mean not required or optimal. There is a lot you could cut out of your diet and feel like shit. Look at vegans.

Look at professional athletes and their coaches. Very much into high carb diets. I'm much more inclined to follow their methods than random people on a forum who eat bowls of melted cheese.

We love the cookie cutter programs don't we, if the stars do it we copy.

the amount of carbs one eats depends upon the activity one does on a daily basis, carb's provide quick energy not just for your muscles, but for your brain, it is why we traditionally eat it with our "break" "fast"