• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
You watch how quickly your bp and your body weight drop since you've gone hardcore on the salt reduction. Literally over night your numbers will improve. Your water retention will drop literally in days.

Do you have a BP tester at home Grunta?

I only ask because mine goes through the roof at the clinic so I test at home mostly and give no fuck for the numbers at the quacks. Doctor tests and says "oooh, BP is a little high" after making me wait 25 fucking minutes after the appointment time in a room full of smelly sick kunce and their villainous children, when I deliberately ask for the first appointment of the day to avoid spending time with diseased scumbags.

Its also fun testing after the kids are running rampant, some fuckhead knocks on the door to sell me solar panels or my team is sucking at football.

Do you have a BP tester at home Grunta?

I only ask because mine goes through the roof at the clinic so I test at home mostly and give no fuck for the numbers at the quacks. Doctor tests and says "oooh, BP is a little high" after making me wait 25 fucking minutes after the appointment time in a room full of smelly sick kunce and their villainous children, when I deliberately ask for the first appointment of the day to avoid spending time with diseased scumbags.

Its also fun testing after the kids are running rampant, some fuckhead knocks on the door to sell me solar panels or my team is sucking at football.

No I don’t mate, but I think I should get one, that wat I can monitor regularly and can balance my life out a bit better.
I assume you can get them in warehouse chemist? Or eBay?

No I don’t mate, but I think I should get one, that wat I can monitor regularly and can balance my life out a bit better.
I assume you can get them in warehouse chemist? Or eBay?

You can get something decent from the chemist. I treat them the same as I treat my scales, as long as it shows trends it doesn't have to be lab accurate but also don't use it all the time and panic because the numbers changed.

Make sure you get the correct cuff size to suit your arm and it doesn't hurt to take it with you to compare readings in the clinic with the doctors unit just to see how close it is.

Just get the diet cleaned up, drink more water, bit of cardio blah blah blah but you already know that crap.

A shake. Yes a fckn shake before bed. Sue me.

427f5a063bee624ea45af7017a0c1055.jpg

Speaking of shakes, i'm down to about 1 or 2 shakes pw now. I was doing 2 or 3 ed for months, now its just food and plenty of fruit and veges. Gotta have either heaps of fruit or heaps of veges or even better is both. I think this is the most important factor in most peoples diets.

Speaking of shakes, i'm down to about 1 or 2 shakes pw now. I was doing 2 or 3 ed for months, now its just food and plenty of fruit and veges. Gotta have either heaps of fruit or heaps of veges or even better is both. I think this is the most important factor in most peoples diets.
Right on brother. Though i think fruit should limited a little.

Im lucky to have one shake per week these days. Once i get to about 150gm of protein for a planned day im happy. With proteins coming in from the rest of me foods i get to 170-180 easily. Which is probably the upper level of what i need.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Right on brother. Though i think fruit should limited a little.

Im lucky to have one shake per week these days. Once i get to about 150gm of protein for a planned day im happy. With proteins coming in from the rest of me foods i get to 170-180 easily. Which is probably the upper level of what i need.

I tended to have a shake after training and even doing that it started feeling wrong, like 30 min after i wasn't hungry but at the same time i was craving real whole food. So i thought lets get my timing a little better and eat a proper meal pre-workout then wait about 1-2 hours then workout, then head straight home after training and eat another proper home cooked meal. Its just what my body wants, it wants real wholesome home cooked food. As much as i have used WPI and WPC over the years, i really do question the goodness of these supplements.

Sometimes after training i'll eat a heap of fruit, then an hour or two later eat a proper meal. Fruit is great cause of the fibre, electrolytes, vits & mins, fluid, carbs, pretty much got everything you need.

They are supplements, and should be treated as such, rather than a key protein source. A little fact often overlooked by newcomers.

More often than not, I find when I’m hungry it’s because I haven’t had my full quota of water, but I digress.

i like to add a couple of scoops of Protien powder to my shakes only to enhance the texture, I use a raw blend as in no additional flavors or chemicals.