• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Who is picking NSW?

e515c551-7be6-4d0b-8139-77be48591bbd_500.jpg

I'm gonna let you girls get an understanding for what State of Origin means to Qlders.

I grew up watching State of Origin from its inception in 1980. Due to NSW cheating for all those years prior to 1980 and NSW "tactics" through those "blood n guts" years of the 80s, true Qlders HATE that Blue jersey. Honestly its HATRED!!!

I remember one State of Origin morning in Brisbane CBD. Central train Station empties out into an intersection on the corner of Adelaide Street and Edward Street in the Brisbane CBD. Between 7am and 9am there is literally 100 pedestrians at any one time waiting to cross the Street to go to their workplaces.

I was walking towards this intersection and I noticed in the sea of Maroon one young nerdy Bloke wearing Blue. He must have been copping a razzing as when the pedestrian light went green he literally ran, fear on his face. I assume to get away from the 100 or so workers who would have been predominately Qlders.

Problem for this poor kunt was that he was running straight towards me. I veered towards the right straight into his path. I had him lined up for the best Shoulder you'd have ever seen. Kunt looked even more scared when he realized I was lining his up. Kunt managed to do nice little side step around me. Quite amusing I thought.

I used to always "accidently on purpose" bump into any kunt wearing a Blue jersey.
I could recount the morning I almost took on the whole NSW U20 or U19 team out the back of Stamford Plaza Hotel, but you kunts might think I was psycho.

Nowadays its just a game of Footy. The reason (hatred) behind State of Origin has been lost.

I'm gonna let you girls get an understanding for what State of Origin means to Qlders.

I grew up watching State of Origin from its inception in 1980. Due to NSW cheating for all those years prior to 1980 and NSW "tactics" through those "blood n guts" years of the 80s, true Qlders HATE that Blue jersey. Honestly its HATRED!!!

I remember one State of Origin morning in Brisbane CBD. Central train Station empties out into an intersection on the corner of Adelaide Street and Edward Street in the Brisbane CBD. Between 7am and 9am there is literally 100 pedestrians at any one time waiting to cross the Street to go to their workplaces.

I was walking towards this intersection and I noticed in the sea of Maroon one young nerdy Bloke wearing Blue. He must have been copping a razzing as when the pedestrian light went green he literally ran, fear on his face. I assume to get away from the 100 or so workers who would have been predominately Qlders.

Problem for this poor kunt was that he was running straight towards me. I veered towards the right straight into his path. I had him lined up for the best Shoulder you'd have ever seen. Kunt looked even more scared when he realized I was lining his up. Kunt managed to do nice little side step around me. Quite amusing I thought.

I used to always "accidently on purpose" bump into any kunt wearing a Blue jersey.
I could recount the morning I almost took on the whole NSW U20 or U19 team out the back of Stamford Plaza Hotel, but you kunts might think I was psycho.

Nowadays its just a game of Footy. The reason (hatred) behind State of Origin has been lost.
Make no mistake. I find this same hatred for that maroon jersey too.

:)

Im too young to remember this cheating you speak of. But i do remember all of the filthy qld bullshit of the modern Era. Tit for tat i guess.

I really hope david klemmer and the boys carry on thier brutal way this week. Its nice seeing that asshole hodges upset. Hehe.

Im too young to remember this cheating you speak of. But i do remember all of the filthy qld bullshit of the modern Era.

Please see below [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION];

LOL at the Newsouthwelshmen calling Qlders grubs. The reason State of Origin was introduced in 1980 was because NSW kept cheating by stacking the NSW's team with Qlders for 72 years (1908-1980). Qld legends such as Arthur Beetson, John Lang, Ross Strudwick, Rod Reddy, Rod Morris, Mitch Brennan, Kerry Boustead, Chris Close, all Qld legends were picked by NSW just because they played in the Sydney comp, even though they were true Qlders.
If NSW had it their way they'd have picked Billy Slater, Greg Inglis, Justion Hodges, Will Chambers, Daly Cherry-Evans, Cameron Smith and Aidan Guerra in the current NSW side just because they play in Sydney or the Sydney comp.

NSW have a bigger pool of players to draw from. NSW have greater financial backing than QLD.

Look at the current NSW team. Paul Gallen the Captain of NSW was voted BY THE NRL PLAYERS 3 years in a row as the grubbiest player going around. Greg Bird not too far behind. Look at the first 20 minutes of Wednesday nights match. Every tackle NSW were getting elbows into every tackle, face massages etc. James Tamou at 6 foot 20 roughing up a 4 foot Billy Slater. Slater shoulda shanked him.
Look at the Inglis no try. The ball came off Pearce's knee not Myles hand. Should've been a try.

But I guess some Newsouthwelshmen are just too dull or young to know these things. Bring back the 80s when anyone wearing a sky blue jersey in Brisbane was a coma waiting to happen!

Even the Victorian crowd was booing NSW!

1984 Steve "blocker" Roach tells the story of the NSW Captain walking back in after the coin toss. Coach asking "whose kicking off?" "We are" came back the reply. "Right FIGHT!" the players were ordered. I still remember it. This was the fight:

1995. NSW had told their players that the first QLDer to chant "Queenslander" was going to get hit. Qld got wind of it and when the first scrum went down the whole Qld pack yelled "Queenslander" legend has it. This was the ensuing brawl at the MCG:

Another instance of NSW starting blues. Mark Geyer tells the tale of NSW officials telling him that the Judiciary is fixed and that he won't be suspended for acts during Origin. Geyer was furious after the match when he got suspended for this:

The famous Lewis/Geyer face off.

Another instance of NSW grubby tactics. Les Boyd leading with an elbow breaking Darryl Brohman's jaw. Dirty Blues.

"Queensland robbed again!

NSW ‘fan’ robs service station on Gold Coast at knifepoint. Blues fan lunges at Gold Coast petrol station worker with a giant hunting knife hours after Origin game - before making off with the cash drawer ......... "

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ess-crook-nearly-got-stuck-security-wire.html

:D:D:D

Great post [MENTION=12409]Sir El Stiffy[/MENTION]; !!

That last one was the best haha.

Up the Blues!

IMO, NRL comp much more important. I cannot understand why so much importance is given to a few matches between two states.

Having said that, I will always watch the series.

IMO, NRL comp much more important. I cannot understand why so much importance is given to a few matches between two states.

Because it has greater ramifications. Have you watched the movie Braveheart? For centuries the much larger England raped and pillaged the smaller Scotland. Then William Wallace (Wally Lewis) came along:

""I am William Wallace. And I see a whole army of my countrymen, here in defiance of tyranny! You have come to fight as free men. And free man you are! What will you do without freedom? Will you fight?" "Two thousand against ten?" - the veteran shouted. "No! We will run - and live!"
"Yes!" Wallace shouted back. "Fight and you may die. Run and you will live at least awhile. And dying in your bed many years from now, would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance, just one cahnce, to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom!"

(Forget the fact William Wallace was wearing blue face paint. Poor kunt was colour blind)

Because its about RIGHT (Qld) triumphing over WRONG (Nsw). GOOD (Qld) triumphing over EVIL (Nsw).

Last edited:
no, do not agree. NRL much more important; it pays the big money to players, so it should always have first priority.

no, do not agree. NRL much more important; it pays the big money to players, so it should always have first priority.

You have never fought for a righteous cause??? Have you never suffered so RIGHT would triumph over EVIL????

of course I have, ask my former employer who sacked me for making a complaint, I am still fighting the battle for truth and justice. I am a white collar warrior, but a physical whimp.

of course I have, ask my former employer who sacked me for making a complaint, I am still fighting the battle for truth and justice. I am a white collar warrior, but a physical whimp.

You just need to channel your inner William Wallace (Wally Lewis).

I agree. Fuck SOO. It should not affect regular season games.

^Says the creator of the State of Origin thread. Makes sense. You might be crazier than I am. Or just the words of a defeated man? 8 years worth of defeat! :D

Cheer up Shrekky. NSW should start favourites tomorrow.

State of Origin is the pinnacle of Rugby League generally, as NZ and Great Britain generally aren't up to snuff. Add to that the fact that it might be the toughest main stream sport in the World. It deserves its place as along side Grand Finals, Olympic Games and various World Cups etc.

Yes it is the Apex but it shouldn't be at the expense of yhe regular comp.

If it were on of an afternoon it would be a lot better. Harder hits by the forwards and more running by the backs due to the less dew and moisture of a daytime.