• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
The main thing I loved about training at Finance First was that, at any time of the day, I was all but guaranteed to walk in and get a bench press and squat rack. But I always had to wait for all the bicep heros to get the required barbell/bumbell. Man, that place was full of out of proportioned bodies. Worked in favor, though.

If I had to go back to a gym, Animal Kingdom would probably be the one, being local and surrounded by like minded people who know how to workout. However, I'm becoming a firm believer in home gyms. 2 years worth of gym membership, or about $2K , gets you some decent equipment to begin building solid muscle. All in the convenience of your own home.

Again, great gym. I will swing by in the very near future for a gander and get a feel of the atmosphere.

I used to think that Guzzla. Dan and I created our own home gym, and it worked for 6 months, worked well, but then it fell in a heap. Someone cant train for a few weeks for whatever reason and that affects the other people because thers is less atmosphere in the garage, perhaps no atmosphere if your lifting alone.

Now I dont know what they do at animal kingdom or strength republic but at our gym, members dont just pay to come in and use the range of equipment, they are also paying for coaching etc. And they also inherit a great environment, friends and a sense of team. Its a club really. You dont get that in a home gym. Of course everyone needs different levels of assistance, by no one is above improving.

Like I said the justification for our home gym was the same as yours, but the equation was wrong. We didnt factor in environment, team, coaching, atmosphere etc. etc.

It might work differently for you, it does for a lot of other people, but that wasnt our experience.

For the record, I think strength republic looks awesome.

On the same topic as that Guzzla, im building a house at the moment. Ive paid extra to have the garage ceiling built higher so that i can fit a squat rack in there (and do standing press/jerk at 6'3 lol).

Even with this, i couldnt imagine not continuing to do a day or 2 a week at PTC. Regardless of my training level, having access to like minded peers is invaluable to me.

If you check the 1st entry in my journal i wrote about how i used to train from a friends garage and did well. Then when i moved to Perth and tried to go to a couple of commercial gyms, i lasted less than a week at each. I assume im not the only person who functions this way.

My husband is getting quotes to enclose and waterproof our pergola. I reckon our pergola area is as big as the old PTC Sydney minus the MMA area. Can't freakn' wait!

We've grown and moved!

Just letting you know we now have a bigger, better and much more awesome gym in Brookvale.
The address is: Unit 8, 9-13 Winbourne Road Brookvale. In the Winbourne Estate.

Come on down and check it out. I'd love to show you around.

Cheers,

Mark Patience - owner.

Just letting you know we now have a bigger, better and much more awesome gym in Brookvale.

Cheers,

Mark Patience - owner.

what about costs and pictures please.

Cheers,

Mark Patience - owner.

That's a 20 min walk from home (usually walk my daughter to child care then bus to city)

https://www.kingdomgym.com.au/price-list

Not sure whether to go for a local gym or one close to work(Townhall).

Some at work use Virgin on Pit st mall, others Fatness first and a few F45.