• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

steveP

http://dawnsbrain.com/ten-facebook-pages-you-need-to-stop-sharing-from/

alex-jones-cover.png

#10 Alex Jones

Facebook fans: 856K
What He Says About Himself

“Documentary Filmmaker, Nationally Syndicated Radio Talkshow & Prisonplanet.tv Host – Free video/audio stream”
What He Really Does

Mr. Jones uses a ton of hyperbole, conspiracy theories, and a loose connection to reality, to whip up fear and loathing in his audience.
Recent Ridiculousness

alex-jones-post.png

Whatever your feelings are on using legislation to increase vaccination rates, you won’t find any legitimate support for implications that vaccines contain toxic doses of chemical. Nor that there are aborted fetal cells in any of the shots we get.
Sample Fan Comment

alex-jones-fan.png

World government, population control, fluoride hysteria, GMOs, illegal cancer cures, and chemtrails. This comment has it all.

food-babe-cover.png

#9 Food Babe

Facebook fans: 938K
What She Says About Herself

“Vani Hari started FoodBabe.com in April 2011 to spread information about what is really in the American food supply. She teaches people how to make the right purchasing decisions at the grocery store, how to live an organic lifestyle, and how to travel healthfully around the world. The success in her writing and investigative work can be seen in the way food companies react to her uncanny ability to find and expose the truth.”
What She Really Does

Ms. Hari, the “Food Babe”, parrots Dr. Mercola and cobbles together cherry-picked blurbs from questionable studies and Wikipedia. She uses the term “investigation” to excuse the fact that she often gives medical advice without having any education in the life sciences. She picks the weirdest ingredients to go after.
Recent Ridiculousness

food-babe-post.png

This from the woman who claimed to have cured all her allergies with acupuncture and “clean eating”.
Sample Fan Comment

food-babe-fan.png

On Facebook, it’s only a matter of time before someone pulls out the EO sales kit.

eat-clean-cover.png

#8 Eat Clean. Train Mean. Live Green.

Facebook fans: 1M
What She Says About Herself

“Rebel Dietitian and Proud Texas Girl Ready to Rock Your Gypsy Soul.”
What She Really Does

Ms. McDonald mixes some common-sense dietary advice with a shot of “detox” and disordered eating, GMO and fluoride fearmongering, and pondering about chemtrails. She even claims that honey is medicine. Proof that even registered dietitians can be wacko.
Recent Ridiculousness

eat-clean-post2.png

Genetically Modified Organisms are safe to eat. They go through extensive trials to prove that before they end up on our plates.
Sample Fan Comment

Wait. What, exactly, are you threatening to do?

dr-joseph-mercola-cover.png

#7 Dr. Joseph Mercola

Facebook fans: 1M
What He Says About Himself

“I am an osteopathic physician who believes that proper nutrition, not medicine, is the key to good health. I seek to treat the whole person, not just the symptoms. I offer you practical health solutions without the hype.”
What He Really Does

Dr. Mercola, by virtue of his credentials and large fanbase, is possibly one of the most dangerous people on Facebook. Because he generates fear around science-based medicine, he discourages people from seeking real help for illness. He also scares people away from vaccinations, fluoride, GMO food, pasteurized dairy, and dental fillings. But you know, buy his line of supplements and all will be well.
Recent Ridiculousness

dr-joseph-mercola-post.png

I like walking barefoot. I grew up in California, where it’s pretty common. But the idea that it’s necessary for optimal health is pretty silly. And in some environments, it’s a good way to pick up a soil-borne parasite.
Sample Fan Comment

dr-joseph-mercola-fan.png

Mix in a dash of Round Up fearmongering, and you’ve got an audience that can’t make a move without cross-referencing all the boogeymen—and seeking help from the guru.

prevention-magazine-cover.png

#6 Prevention Magazine

Facebook fans: 1.3M
What They Say About Themselves

“Love your whole life! Get tips from our experts on natural cures, health, nutrition, recipes, beauty, mind-body, weight loss, and fitness.”
What They Really Do

Recent Ridiculousness

prevention-magazine-post.png

Everyone that promotes “natural cures” above all else seems to jump from one cure-all to another. WebMD specifically states that there is insufficient evidence for at least three items on their list.
Sample Fan Comment

prevention-magazine-fan.png

In this case, a commenter calls them on their bullshit and offers a warning.

naturalnews-cover.png

#5 NaturalNews.com

Facebook fans: 1.4M

“NaturalNews.com is an independent news resource that covers the natural health and wellness topics that empower individuals to make positive changes in their personal health. NaturalNews offers uncensored news that allows for healthier choice.”
What They Really Do

NaturalNews.com is arguably the most balls-to-the-wall looniest page on Facebook. They have never met a conspiracy theory they don’t love.
Recent Ridiculousness

naturalnews-post2.png

Basically, if you are a well-known scientist, you are a shill.
Sample Fan Comment

naturalnews-fan2.png

Yup.
Bonus Post

naturalnews-post.png

naturalnews-fans.png

collective-evolution-cover.png

#4 Collective Evolution

Facebook fans: 1.7M

“CE is an organization that inspires change. Action is everything, both inside each of us and in our communities.”
What They Really Do

All the misinformation, all the time.
Recent Ridiculousness

collective-evolution-post.png

No. Coke is not like a poison.
Sample Fan Comment

collective-evolution-fan.png

Really? Citation needed.

mindbodygreen-cover.png

#3 MindBodyGreen

Facebook fans: 2M

“We are a conversation about health. Opinions expressed are those of the author, who is a real person. Please keep that in mind when you comment!”
What They Really Do

The “conversations about health” are decidedly in favor of “natural remedies” that are not supported by scientific research. People who waste their time mucking about with ineffective alternative treatments often die much sooner.
Recent Ridiculousness

mindbodygreen-post.png

Spoiler: it prevents cancer, and cures Alzheimer’s, depression, obesity and pretty much everything else. Except it doesn’t.
Sample Fan Comment

mindbodygreen-fan.png

Of course they do.

spirit-science-cover.png

#2 Spirit Science

Facebook fans: 4.7M

“The Science of Spirit, in the Spirit of Science, coming together to create something new.
“This is our world to create, so lets get started!”
What They Really Are

Most of their posts are harmless new-agey spiritual stuff and kookiness. But sometimes they veer into unsupportable natural remedies and outright pseudoscience.
Recent Ridiculousness

spirit-science-post.png

Sample Fan Comment

spirit-science-fan.png

It’s not every day that someone recommends that you stare at the sun.

#1 The Mind Unleashed

Facebook fans: 6.6M

“We seek to break the chains of conventional thinking and inspire others to get involved and help create big change on the planet. We believe that we are in the midst of a massive paradigm shift, and many are starting to realize that business as usual means that we will travel down a path of half-conscious self destruction. Here you will find a healthy mixture of information related to activism, awareness, and personal growth.”
What They Really Do

They’re a good example of slipping in a bit of bullshit here and there amongst the standard viral Facebook stuff. There’s a theme of immature hippy-style mistrust of any and every authority. What are you rebelling against? What have you got?
Recent Ridiculousness

So cultures are bad.
Sample Fan Comment

Word salad, with a touch of Armageddon thrown in.
Bonus Post

the-mind-unleashed-post2.png

the-mind-unleashed-fan2.png

I am so glad I haven't seen any of this apart from the food babe because her insta pics are all over the net but she isn't even that hawt.

I acutally don't mind the ethos behind the 'mind unleashed' and have posts on my fb page from relatives who have 'liked' it. Although I have not myself.

Yeah, there might be anti-fluoride scare tactics, but the alien meme I can kinda agree with personally.

LOVE the spiritual science one however... the fact you can meditate whilst looking at the sun and then see and WALK through walls. Chur.

Trouble is there's so many of these 'news-flash' type articles popping up on fb e.g. Obama is secretly trying to build a Muslim state, or Michelle Obama was born a man etc.. that if there might happen to be one that pops up that may be of interest to a few, they're just as likely to shit-can it because of all the other tripe and potentially miss on reading something interesting.

LOVE the spiritual science one however... the fact you can meditate whilst looking at the sun and then see and WALK through walls. Chur.

It's actually a good way to burn out your retinas permanently lol. I'm surprised that person still had sight to post up that message.