• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Managed to get crushed by a 250kg squat after popping a rib out of place and destroying my shoulder and elbow. Injury PB.

Video of my meet lifts on the weekend, GPC QLD State Titles - Raw Bench Only

I'd love to do a write up but afraid it would be like 10 pages long. Had an absolute ball, everyone was so accommodating, friendly, STRONG, lol. Lifts didn't go to plan, as I'm sure they rarely ever do. Plan was to go 200/210/215, but after red lights on the 210, I took it again for a 3rd, then 213 for a 4th to break the Aus Record (212.5kg). While it wasn't what I wanted, I was still very happy considering. Planning on going bigger at Nats :).

Steve is one of the best refs in the country, the standard of judging was phenomenal at States, i am proud to be a GPC referee, you won't see bad judging from us (not intentionally or consistently anyway!). For the record, only 3 equipped squats were given white lights for depth (including 2 of mine :p).

Cheers Strong, I was very surprised with the quality of the judging. 1st powerlifting event I've ever attended, watched many online, and can honestly say there was barely any lifts during the whole meet that were questionable. Refs did a great job. I knew on my 2nd lift before I'd finished it'd be reds. Nerves were going crazy and inexperience....

Can you guys look at my bench video actually
I noticed my feet move ever so slightly at the end. Is this an acceptable amount?

My lifting from the GPC QLD States. All 3 lifts were PBs. It was a 47.5kg total PB too :)

Video of my meet lifts on the weekend, GPC QLD State Titles - Raw Bench Only

I'd love to do a write up but afraid it would be like 10 pages long. Had an absolute ball, everyone was so accommodating, friendly, STRONG, lol. Lifts didn't go to plan, as I'm sure they rarely ever do. Plan was to go 200/210/215, but after red lights on the 210, I took it again for a 3rd, then 213 for a 4th to break the Aus Record (212.5kg). While it wasn't what I wanted, I was still very happy considering. Planning on going bigger at Nats :).

Congrats guys, massive lifts, well deserved titles.

Nice one Oni. What do you eat, man, you keep adding 5 kg to your bench every week? I am just jealous ;-)

Man my diet and training is simpler than ever right now. I am eating 500g of ground beef and a cup of medium grain white rice twice a day. Dunno how many calories this is.
Sometimes I do not really feel like eating and I'll just have some oats, 2 cups in 4 cups of milk

Basically for training I just started my work set at 75% and rep that out and I'll add a bit each week. 2.5kg on press/bench, 5kg on squats, 10kg on deadlift. After repping it out I'll work up if I feel "good" which lately has only been my pressing exercises because after the top set of squats or deadlifts I am fucked. Then I'll do 5x10 on the lift or a variation of it and that's it.

Deadlifted 220kg for 7 reps today :)