• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
UFC Fight Night 59 Boston ***SPOILER ALERT*** for those that haven't watched it yet...

McGregor vs Siver:
Not sure why after defeating Poirier (#5) the UFC chose to make the next bout for Conor McGregor against #10 Siver but as many predicted the fight pretty well went as expected. McGregor controlled range/distance well, missed with a few spinning high kicks early in the first before utilising the jab and landing kicks, after that it was only a matter of time before it was all over. The end came just under 2 minutes into the 2nd.

Cerrone vs Henderson:
A back and forth bout, both fighters had moments, Henderson had Cerrone hurt at one point but Cerrone masked it well. Henderson was throwing a ton of front leg side kicks to the thigh of Cerrone. Cerrone got a couple of takedowns and landed a nice high kick to the face of Henderson. Cerrone was moving forward a lot and whilst Henderson was landing plenty of strikes i thought Cerrone landed more power shots. Come the end of the fight (as a fan ow Cowboy) I had it 29-28 Henderson but the judges had it the other way and gave Cowboy the nod.

Hall vs Stallings:
After taking the bout less than a weeks notice, Stallings came out looking like he had something to prove stalking Hall early in the first. Hall missed with a few spinning kick attempts before landing a right hand that dropped stallings, ground and pound from hall followed. Herb dean called time and had the doctors look at the cut on stallings and the bout was called off.

Tibau vs Parke:
Firstly, Tibau looked like a monster compared to Parke.... The first round was a bit of a snooze fest with not a great deal of anything happening to be honest, the second went to Tibau who landed a couple of takedowns to which Parke basically got straight back up on his feet and some solid leg kicks. Third went to Parke who was pushing forward and striking well but Tibau ended up winning the decision 29-28

Pendred vs Spencer:
Probably the worst scoring decision I can remember seeing in MMA. Spencer basically beat Pendred around the octagon for 15 minutes, there was a clear speed difference and fluidity to the movement of Spencer yet a Unanimous Decision win was awarded to Pendred. Absolutely baffled....

Larkin vs Howard:
Lorenz Larkin came out and looked great, had a clear speed advantage over Howard. Wasn't long into the first and Howard was dropped with a bomb from Larkin who then swarmed for some ground and pound, not long after Herb Dean had seen enough and stepped in and stopped the fight.

Paddy the hooligan Holohan also was very dominant in his victory over Shane Howell, had Howell in some dangerous positions and controlled almost from start to finish.

UFC Fight Night 59 Boston ***SPOILER ALERT*** for those that haven't watched it yet...

McGregor vs Siver:
Not sure why after defeating Poirier (#5) the UFC chose to make the next bout for Conor McGregor against #10 Siver but as many predicted the fight pretty well went as expected. McGregor controlled range/distance well, missed with a few spinning high kicks early in the first before utilising the jab and landing kicks, after that it was only a matter of time before it was all over. The end came just under 2 minutes into the 2nd.

Cerrone vs Henderson:
A back and forth bout, both fighters had moments, Henderson had Cerrone hurt at one point but Cerrone masked it well. Henderson was throwing a ton of front leg side kicks to the thigh of Cerrone. Cerrone got a couple of takedowns and landed a nice high kick to the face of Henderson. Cerrone was moving forward a lot and whilst Henderson was landing plenty of strikes i thought Cerrone landed more power shots. Come the end of the fight (as a fan ow Cowboy) I had it 29-28 Henderson but the judges had it the other way and gave Cowboy the nod.

Hall vs Stallings:
After taking the bout less than a weeks notice, Stallings came out looking like he had something to prove stalking Hall early in the first. Hall missed with a few spinning kick attempts before landing a right hand that dropped stallings, ground and pound from hall followed. Herb dean called time and had the doctors look at the cut on stallings and the bout was called off.

Tibau vs Parke:
Firstly, Tibau looked like a monster compared to Parke.... The first round was a bit of a snooze fest with not a great deal of anything happening to be honest, the second went to Tibau who landed a couple of takedowns to which Parke basically got straight back up on his feet and some solid leg kicks. Third went to Parke who was pushing forward and striking well but Tibau ended up winning the decision 29-28

Pendred vs Spencer:
Probably the worst scoring decision I can remember seeing in MMA. Spencer basically beat Pendred around the octagon for 15 minutes, there was a clear speed difference and fluidity to the movement of Spencer yet a Unanimous Decision win was awarded to Pendred. Absolutely baffled....

Larkin vs Howard:
Lorenz Larkin came out and looked great, had a clear speed advantage over Howard. Wasn't long into the first and Howard was dropped with a bomb from Larkin who then swarmed for some ground and pound, not long after Herb Dean had seen enough and stepped in and stopped the fight.

Paddy the hooligan Holohan also was very dominant in his victory over Shane Howell, had Howell in some dangerous positions and controlled almost from start to finish.

KFG wasn't a fan of the Siver match up rankings wise as there was 4-5 better options than Siver.. None of them may have given him the same exposure to show case his skills though as they would have all been tougher fights but the UFC wanted a highlight reel finish before giving him Aldo. l personally would have liked to see him fight Cub as that still would have been a stand up fight but with more intrigue over who would win. A win over Cub gives you a better claim to a title l think than a fight over Siver. Even Lamas or Bermudez would have been nice.. Meh. l've still got Aldo fucking him up if l'm honest.... Aldo is on so many levels above Siver....

l was happy to see Cowboy winning the fight even though l was 50/50 on it. l'm not a Henderson fan for the same reason l'm not an Edgar fan. l do want Henderson to move up to 170 just to see how he'd go but l doubt that's going to happen at all anymore like he said. l guess it's Cowboy vs Khabib for the #1 contender? l'd lean towards Khabib as well as l think he is the better fighter plus he hasn't fought Pettis before. Give Henderson Barboza possibly or try re book the Alvarez fight.

What do you do with Hall? He was meant to win the fight and he did but he always seems off for some reason to me... He's stupidly good don't get me wrong but l don't know why it seems like he's holding back. Could be his sniper type style...not sure. l'd be fine with him fighting Bisping if l'm honest... See how he goes when someone is in your face the whole time plus it would be a good win if he could get past Bisping....

The Tibau fight was a typical Tibau fight l think with him just grinding on you either striking wise or pressure wise. l didn't mind it but it was pretty uneventful. It was nice to see Parke lose as well....The fuck do you do with Tibau though? Nate Diaz? Siver? Jury?

connor is a scum bag for his attitude and bs jumping over the fence getting in aldo's face.

dude needs to remember he was on welfare payments until ufc signed him... he's scum. and his attitude reflects it.

I like him. He is creating a heap of publicity for the UFC, promoting the pants off every event he is involved in. Kunce has the gift of the gab and is making a shit load of money because of it.

He's cocky, I would be too if I'd just walked into the biggest promotion in the world and started cleaning out my division and making it look as easy as he has.

Against Siver he was literally walking around and would then kick Siver in the head and Siver had no answer to it.

The Poirier fight was over in under 2 minutes.

Not only that all the talk, the jumping the fence and getting in Aldo's face etc. Is getting in aldo's head and it's working. Have you seen the pic of Aldo with the jester poster of McGregor? Or the lamas video?
If he can get inside Aldo's head and get to him psychologically before they even step foot inside the octagon then his job is already half done.

and aldo didn't skip a beat.

he earned his spot, connor got given it by ufc advertising in that area to sell ppv tickets...

he earned his spot, connor got given it by ufc advertising in that area to sell ppv tickets...

Yep I saw that too.

There is no question that Aldo is the champ for a reason - that's why it's interesting, McGregor has a task ahead of him. Is he full of smack? Or is he going to come good on all the talking he has been doing?

A lot of fighters do it. Chael Sonnen was great at it. Never forget the time he called out Wanderlei Silva. Hilarious.

Floyd Mayweather JR is another one... The list goes on

I like him. He is creating a heap of publicity for the UFC, promoting the pants off every event he is involved in. Kunce has the gift of the gab and is making a shit load of money because of it.

He's cocky, I would be too if I'd just walked into the biggest promotion in the world and started cleaning out my division and making it look as easy as he has.

Against Siver he was literally walking around and would then kick Siver in the head and Siver had no answer to it.

The Poirier fight was over in under 2 minutes.

Not only that all the talk, the jumping the fence and getting in Aldo's face etc. Is getting in aldo's head and it's working. Have you seen the pic of Aldo with the jester poster of McGregor? Or the lamas video?
If he can get inside Aldo's head and get to him psychologically before they even step foot inside the octagon then his job is already half done.

I like it too. A bit of personality. Makes things more interesting.

You're saying it like its the first time it's happened. The ufc is a business. They wouldn't last long making matches no one wants to see and slaughtering the popular guys.

I think the Connor fight will be the biggest challenge Aldo will face since the Edgar fight. Like him or not, Connor's skills are legit.

I think the Connor fight will be the biggest challenge Aldo will face since the Edgar fight. Like him or not, Connor's skills are legit.

I like Connor but his talk is starting to get very repetitive, surely he knows they have given him a wrestler free pass straight to the title shot, I will put my house on regardless how the aldo fight goes, Frankie Edgar is going to be his kryptonite,
Regarding Aldo, I think he has been on cruise control lately and hasn't been able to utilise his leg kicks with all the wrestlers he has fought lately, with all the shit talk I'm hoping we get WEC Aldo back, Conners stance is very wide and heavy on the front leg, I predict a barrage of leg kicks and pure destruction, I still believe P4P he is the best Mma fighter in the world

l wouldn't bet on KZ over Connor... l wish the Lamas vs KZ fight went through as l saw Lamas winning that...

KZ was looking good against Aldo until his shoulder popped out, unfortunately he was called on to serve with his national army, which is apparently mandatory, so he is gone for 2 years I believe

KFG watched it... l shall discuss if other people have seen it. l'll wait till... Tuesday l guess. l'm sure everyone who cares will know what has happened by than/.