• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

What is the lowest weekly deficit you have cut on?

Sorry Bazza, I already linked a shitload of clinical evidence that directly correlated saturated fat intake with strength and muscle mass- but like usual you took an amusing anecdote and used that as the basis of my argument and attacked that instead. Keep the red herrings up, bro

Sorry Bazza, I already linked a shitload of clinical evidence that directly correlated saturated fat intake with strength and muscle mass- but like usual you took an amusing anecdote and used that as the basis of my argument and attacked that instead. Keep the red herrings up, bro

You know why I haven't got around to reading them because I know next week you will be on some other obscure bandwagon.

Have you even fully read through those references? I reckon I would at least need a solid day to go through all that properly, which I don't have free at the moment.

If you have, any appropriate quotes from the study's that relate consuming massive amounts of fat would be appreciated.

Yep, I have a pubmed and an Oxford press subscription
I don't know what you're asking. What is a "massive" amount of fat?

Yep, I have a pubmed and an Oxford press subscription
I don't know what you're asking. What is a "massive" amount of fat?

You have just linked the studies, nothing on what they actually say. What levels of fat are they suggesting is beneficial. 1g/kg, 2g/kg or up to Oni level.

You have just linked the studies, nothing on what they actually say. What levels of fat are they suggesting is beneficial. 1g/kg, 2g/kg or up to Oni level.

That's a stupid question and you know it. There is no way to accurately gauge how much of any macronutrient anyone needs and if you had bothered to actually read the studies you'd know that they are displaying the correlation behind saturated fat and cholesterol intake and strength/muscle/testosterone as well as showing the mechanism behind the actions

As for recommendations, if you're getting in half your calories from animals then you're going to have a decent safety net for both protein and fats, provided you're not starving yourself and supplement with omega3s

On a side note. Cheers for the replies and input. Decided not to drop lower and stay at -3200 for the week and see how that goes after a month or so

Applying logic to the situation, Faigin recommends a minimum of 0.5g/lb of body weight in animal fats a day for endocrine health which goes hand in hand with the research above. Now for a ketogenic dieter, this would need to be doubled for the sake of calories

0.5g/lb will place most people in negative calorie balance, unless they eat a lot of carbs. So for gaining weight, you have 3 options. We know that in biochemistry, everything has a dose/response curve with diminishing returns. So more is generally better and even more is even better. The other two options for increase calories are protein which goes hand in hand with increasing animal fats and carbohydrates, which aside from refilling the small amount of glycogen lost in training and tasting nice have no nutritional value and I'd prefer to stay as insulin sensitive as possible

That's a stupid question and you know it. There is no way to accurately gauge how much of any macronutrient anyone needs and if you had bothered to actually read the studies you'd know that they are displaying the correlation behind saturated fat and cholesterol intake and strength/muscle/testosterone as well as showing the mechanism behind the actions

As for recommendations, if you're getting in half your calories from animals then you're going to have a decent safety net for both protein and fats, provided you're not starving yourself and supplement with omega3s

So to sum it up, as I thought. Those study's don't really support your bullshit figures you talk about and yes you are talking out your arse.

Refer to my post above, you missed the point entirely (like usual)

No oni I didn't. You are making bullshit recommendations ( which change from day to day) and then posting references but then can't even show anything specific in those references supporting your bullshit recommendations.

Oh and some story book about Indians eating kilos of ghee. Yeah sounds legit.

So more is generally better and even more is even better.
Lol. No this is usually NOT the case.

I wrote that saturated fat intake directly correlates with muscle mass, strength and testosterone
I provided a shitload of clinical evidence that supports this. If you want exact recommendations then you can go fuck yourself, because they don't exist. More is nearly always better and even more is even better. The only other option is to increase carbohydrate intake when increasing calories and what is going to be better for long term health and insulin sensitivity?

I wrote that saturated fat intake directly correlates with muscle mass, strength and testosterone
I provided a shitload of clinical evidence that supports this. If you want exact recommendations then you can go fuck yourself, because they don't exist. More is nearly always better and even more is even better. The only other option is to increase carbohydrate intake when increasing calories and what is going to be better for long term health and insulin sensitivity?

Yeah up to what point does sat fat increase strength? It matters. Just saying more is better is fucking retarded.

No Oni you are totally wrong, more is generally not better.

Yeah up to what point does sat fat increase strength? It matters. Just saying more is better is fucking retarded.

No Oni you are totally wrong, more is generally not better.

What evidence do you have to support this hypothesis?

What evidence do you have to support this hypothesis?

Since you the one with the outrageous hypothesis you should have to disprove the standard theory, but anyway.

Name one thing with regards to putting in your body that more is always better for starters.

Oxygen. No.

Water. No

Food. No.

Steroids. No.

Vitamins. No.

Sunlight. No

Chicken wings. No.

Things that are vital for our survival end up killing you at higher doses.

Most things more and more ends up being worse.