• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
fadi, i am going to post some efforts today trying to keep hips down and back neutral with power cleans. first time i have done them in a couple of years.

fadi, i am going to post some efforts today trying to keep hips down and back neutral with power cleans. first time i have done them in a couple of years.
I'm looking forward to seeing that Champion. Thanks for sharing your experience here with us, I most certainly appreciate it. Power cleans are my favourite of all movements as you know. Hopefully I can post the same myself in the near future.

Last edited:
Spart, have you heard of Ashot Danielyan of Armenia? He was one of the top super heavy weightlifters, granted he was stripped of his bronze medal at the Sydney 2000 Olympics for Stanozol, but that's another story.

The reason I'm mentioning him, is because your initial stance reminds me of his. If you're still in the gym, I'd appreciate one more power clean from head on, I want to see what your arms are doing and the way your back and chest look over the bar. I bet you're another Ashot Danielyan.

fadi, here is 95kg power clean from 2011 from front.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ejbjwpzeRK4

Spart, you're so naturally strong it's not funny. You caught that nighty fiver so high it's ridiculous my man. I did pick up something that if worked on and fixed, you would surprise even yourself. It's your elbows Spart. Before you initiate the lift, your elbows need to be turned in. Elbows that are turned in force your arms to remain straight. You learn that with a 40kg on the bar and no more. You do pulls with it, and occasionally explode into a full power clean.

Overall, I'm very impressed with your natural strength mate. We'll discus this further later on if you wish...I'm just getting ready for work right now. Take care.

The weird thing is that your oly lift back posture is much better than your deads posture. Not sure why, mebbe mental? Anyhoo, saw this and thought of your thread:

https://www.elitefts.com/education/training/bodybuilding/why-deads-are-overrated/

As I have said before, the answer to all fitness related questions begin with the words, "It depends....."
I do deads on leg day (always after squats) so don't get the same conflict with back development as explained in the article

The weird thing is that your oly lift back posture is much better than your deads posture. Not sure why, mebbe mental? Anyhoo, saw this and thought of your thread:

https://www.elitefts.com/education/training/bodybuilding/why-deads-are-overrated/

As I have said before, the answer to all fitness related questions begin with the words, "It depends....."

thanks woody. will have a read.

I think power clean looks better because resistance to move weight off floor is much easier. but set of deadlifts you viewed was near maximal effort.

thanks woody. will have a read.

I think power clean looks better because resistance to move weight off floor is much easier. but set of deadlifts you viewed was near maximal effort.
Are you implying or suggesting that as one approaches near maximal effort, a loss of form is to be expected by default?

I am stating, not implying, that as weight gets heavier I find it very hard to keep hips down as only my stronger back muscles can move the weight.

it may be poor skill development over the years, but I have a very large discrepancy between thigh and back strength. always have.

I am stating, not implying, that as weight gets heavier I find it very hard to keep hips down as only my stronger back muscles can move the weight.

it may be poor skill development over the years, but I have a very large discrepancy between thigh and back strength. always have.
Must admit this used to happen to me quite a bit. Not really anymore though. And not really sure how i fixed beyond practicing the deadlift. Ha.

Tim.

tim, yes, but your deadlift and squat are a lot closer than mine.

I did 160kg, borderline, and 230kg in 2011. back then I could not budge 180kg keeping hips down.

I am sure if my squat goes up I will have more chance of keeping hips down a bit.