• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I have the same evidence for God as you would have for your great grandmother ever existing. It's based on intellectual reasoning. Do you have any evidence for your great great (x100) grandmother ever having lived on earth? Any observable evidence you can show me?

Well the evidence that my great grandmother existed is I exist. That's very observable evidence.

What's the evidence that god exists?

Well the evidence that my great grandmother existed is I exist. That's very observable evidence.

What's the evidence that god exists?
Thanks. How did you come to that conclusion? What exactly do you mean when you say the word "God"?

In which case I ask you to ponder over what quantum physics has undeniably demonstrated in that all observable phenomena require a force or consciousness other than matter in order to be observed. I have already alluded to this fact earlier in this thread by the way.

Could you state/link what quantum physics demonstrated?

Could you state/link what quantum physics demonstrated?
With pleasure Legion. However would you mind first telling me how you've arrived at the conclusion re your grandmother's existence? I know your explanation of the obvious, my question is what did you base that on? What type of rational/reasoning did you use to arrive at your conclusion is what I'm asking?

Thanks.

Last edited:
How did you come to that conclusion?

I know how reproduction works and given that I exist I know that my parents must have existed. I then use a process of deduction to answer the question you propose.

What exactly do you mean when you say the word "God"?

Well, the article was about Atheists so I use the term God in reference to that. ie your traditional single all knowing omnipotent god.

I know how reproduction works and given that I exist I know that my parents must have existed. I then use a process of deduction to answer the question you propose.

Well, the article was about Atheists so I use the term God in reference to that. ie your traditional single all knowing omnipotent god.

Just so I'm not arguing from silence here Legion, would you mind telling me exactly what your belief is? For example, the American contemporary philosopher and professor of philosophy Quentin Smith believes that ‘the most reasonable belief is that we came from nothing, by nothing, and for nothing’. Is that what you believe or do you believe in something else/or hold a different point of view from Quentin?

Why can't we all just get along?

Oh yea, religion.
Long live essentialism!

Do you essentialise with everything or do you restrict your essentialising to religion only?

The irony of your post is that it's so dangerous, it defeats its own intended message. Do you realise that?

Last edited:
Long live essentialism!

Do you essentialise with everything or do you restrict your essentialising to religion only?

The irony of your post is that it's so dangerous, it defeats its own intended message. Do you realise that?

I am fully aware of the intent, the scope, and the impact of my post and they all relate only to the microcosm that is this thread.

You seem like a nice guy Fadi but jeez you can be condescending.

I am fully aware of the intent, the scope, and the impact of my post and they all relate only to the microcosm that is this thread.

You seem like a nice guy Fadi but jeez you can be condescending.
Condescending? I was simply responding to your swipe at religion, which incidentally I took offence to, no more and no less than that mate. Hey, I'm not so big nor arrogant that I won't apologise, so I'm sorry if I came across in a manner you perceived to be condescending brother.

Last edited:
I didn't mean any offence, simply making the observation that were it not for religion, the arguments in this thread wouldn't exist.
I thought it was ironic given all the discussion of existence itself.

Thanks. How did you come to that conclusion? What exactly do you mean when you say the word "God"?

He asked for evidence, any evidence of Religion being right not you to ask more strung out questions that don't come close to paralleling religion which you are trying to do.

As for your great grandparents existing. There may not be any photos or physical evidence apart from offspring these days but for us to be here we know we had to have great grandparents. It's is not conflicting with anything we currently know about our world. In fact it fits perfect.

You previous arguments are that we don't know how the universe started therefore God. Is making as sorts of huge assumptions and isn't needed. Could just as likely say we don't know how the universe started therefore superman.

Saying superman is real is just as likely as any religion being right.

Condescending? I was simply responding to your swipe at religion, which incidentally I took offence to, no more and no less than that mate. Hey, I'm not so big nor arrogant that I won't apologise, so I'm sorry if I came across in a manner you perceived to be condescending brother.
Fadi, I'm sure you or any other believer would expect others to respect your choice and right to beleve however, this same respect should be shown from believers to non believers.
Therefore, if this respect is shown from both, then there should never be any offence taken by either side.

Fadi, I'm sure you or any other believer would expect others to respect your choice and right to beleve however, this same respect should be shown from believers to non believers.
Therefore, if this respect is shown from both, then there should never be any offence taken by either side.
You've said the magic word Darkoz: if..., if and when respect is shown, then that same respect would be reciprocated no doubt.

I obviously believed that disrespect was shown when it was uncalled for, hence I responded. However I full I am 100% in agreement with you brother, and I'm certainly not trying to shove anything down people's throat here, that is for certain. Each to his or her own, and I have let many disrespectful comments slide by the way side simply because it wasn't worth my time to retaliate to such juvenile behaviour, which I really don't care much for.

You've said the magic word Darkoz: if..., if and when respect is shown, then that same respect would be reciprocated no doubt.

I obviously believed that disrespect was shown when it was uncalled for, hence I responded. However I full I am 100% in agreement with you brother, and I'm certainly not trying to shove anything down people's throat here, that is for certain. Each to his or her own, and I have let many disrespectful comments slide by the way side simply because it wasn't worth my time to retaliate to such juvenile behaviour, which I really don't care much for.

so, so true, eternally

lol you slipped in juvenile behavior in a rather complex sentence, what if it actually had meaning???
i feel kinda weird about that, instinctively...

“Though Science has given us many marvels, it has also spoiled many of our pleasant dreams"
While it is recognised that modern science has accomplished a great deal through an increased understanding of our world and a material improvement in the quality of our lives, it must also be realised that there are serious limitations and flaws to ideologies based only on empirical knowledge and the modern scientific method.

The rationalism of a frog living at the bottom of a well is to deny the existence of mountains: this is logic of a kind, perhaps, but it has nothing to do with reality.