• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

August Push Up Challenge.

August Challenge Options.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Push up will do wonders.
It will strengthen and "tone" your pec muscles (not boobs lol) and really build those triceps especially if you use a narrow grip. it does work the shoulders as well.

I plan to do the 50 over 3 sets and eventually over 2 sets of 25. I doubt I could do 50 but you never know.

KFG will do them over 3 sets... and most likely do them in the morning with cable low rows @ 20ish kgs just to balance shiz nit out. gnome sayin?

I do not need strong pectorals!

I need strong glutes and strong quads and strong hammies! I need a strong core and a strong back too.

Pretty much every other body part actually lol

Whilst I can't make my boobs 'dance' by flexing the pecs....I really don't need to? :p

It's going to be hard, but I'll get on it! (That's what she said)

I might just squat 20 reps anyway and have my own little booty challenge with my damn self :(

P.S. Bella will appreciate a last minute voting frenzy for squats folks! lol

its not about having strong pecs, it's about having a balanced physique. With all the chins and back work you need to balance it out with pec muscles.

And i wouldn't bother with the squats, I'm positive it will win next months challenge. ;)

its not about having strong pecs, it's about having a balanced physique. With all the chins and back work you need to balance it out with pec muscles.

And i wouldn't bother with the squats, I'm positive it will win next months challenge. ;)

GROAR....do my pecs need to balance anything out??????????? :eek:

farrrrrk helloooooooo have we met??????????? lmao

I need back work.
core work.
glute work.
leg work.
traps work! Yeah mon!

But pec work? Non. Impossibru!

You need a balance between the back and chest muscles, yes absolutely.

have we met?

lolol

yer yer ok.

bloody push ups it is. I tell you, by the end of the month, I better be able to make the pectorals flex and dance, that's all I gotta say! :mad:

godamn the push ups!

I wanted to squat, I don't need any extra chest work! lol

The arms, meh!

farrrrrk

50 push ups I can do in varying sets throughout the day, but can someone explain what this is going to do for my body? The calves I was excited about, because we could all do with added strength, muscle tone and definition there...but push ups? Really?

:(

Beige ausbb. Beige.

Pushups are better than you think Bella
They work the whole upper body and also abs/core

Last edited:
Pushups are better than you think Bella

I believe you both Naughty.

I'm just not thrilled or excited by the prospect :cool:

Bloody polls lol

EDIT : GROAR can make his boobies dance!? mwahahaha I think you need to audition for Australia's Got Talent next time it comes to town. Nothing like dancing man pecs :p

Wingman will do half morning half evening so as to not affect existing training regime.

Way more interesting than pointless calf size.

Ok.
Challenge starts tomorrow.

Please let me know if you wish to take part and I'll edit original post same as July Calf Challenge thread.

50 push ups done over as many sets.
Would be a good idea to post up how many sets it took, for instance.

15,12,10,8,5 = 50
or 25, 25
or 50 :)

You can if keen post up before and after pics and or measurements. Up to each individual.

Best of luck pusher upperer's ;)