• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

August Push Up Challenge.

August Challenge Options.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
whens the calf progress going to be pitured?

To the guys/girls that did it everyday, much benefit?

whens the calf progress going to be pitured?

To the guys/girls that did it everyday, much benefit?

Look in the calf thread momo.... KFG is up 1.5cm'ish' photos to come tomorrow. l think it worked training them every day... l think it worked because you could mix up what you did so instead of doing pushups every day for eg you could to do pushups then bb bench the db bench then db flys and repeat all targeting 'chest'....

godamn the push ups!

I wanted to squat, I don't need any extra chest work! lol

The arms, meh!

farrrrrk

50 push ups I can do in varying sets throughout the day, but can someone explain what this is going to do for my body? The calves I was excited about, because we could all do with added strength, muscle tone and definition there...but push ups? Really?

EDIT: count me in for push ups starting tomorrow......love em.

:(

Beige ausbb. Beige.

Push ups are great, work upper body, great for women to keep that perky look and to lift the breasts. Will greatly compliment any squat work you are doing.

Last edited:
Push ups are great, work upper body, great for women to keep that perky look and to lift the breasts. Will greatly compliment any squat work you are doing.

lol I'm in Mick ;)

But I swear to god, I will curse every day of the month of August :mad:

Have we got a thread for this yet?

DAY ONE : finished!

4.30am 1 x 25 :

5 wide grip
5 close grip
5 diamond grip
5 on the knees
5 negatives

9am 1 x 25 :

5 wide grip
5 close grip
5 diamond grip
5 on the knees
5 negatives

P.S. A great way to get your strength up in the push up is to include negative training.. do this by starting in a regular push up position and lower yourself as slow as you can (I lower to a count of 20) when reaching the bottom of the push up drop your knees down and press up from the modified version (often referred to as a 'girl' push up position)

My negatives were the best part of my 'push ups' this morning.

I'm in. I'll be doing 50 inverted rows to keep the shoulders healthy too :)

Measurements: chest 97.5cm
arms: 32.5cm