• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

August Push Up Challenge.

August Challenge Options.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think it should be 20 rep squats next month, start at half body weight on day one and see where you end up at the end of the month. :)

I think it should be 20 rep squats next month, start at half body weight on day one and see where you end up at the end of the month. :)

I agree on the squats! But no rules on starting weight! :eek: Everyone is at different levels of their training and has different goals afterall!

You're an evil man and a glutton for punishment Mick! :D

All updates in this thread please. I have edited original post with completions for each day.

KFG,

2 x 20 normal width.
1 x 10 on knuckles

Edit: also going to carry on with last months calf challenge. Only doing them weighted 1-2 times a week though.
3 x f @ bw raises on a step.

Last edited:
Standard Military Style Full Pushups : 40, 10 = 50.......thought I was going to make it to 50 without a rest but no go :)

I agree on the squats! But no rules on starting weight! :eek: Everyone is at different levels of their training and has different goals afterall!

You're an evil man and a glutton for punishment Mick! :D

Love my 20 rep squats, one of my favourites along with push ups....

Last edited:

Found that I need to keep my elbow in very tight and rotate palms outwards to avoid aggravating my shoulder. Makes it a very much tricep dominant movement which sucks as I'm still looking for more chest activation but it is what it is :p

i'll be doing them tonight.
should help loosen my shoulders a bit after last night :p

probably do a max set first, then do whatever is left thereafter...

Military 20, 20, 10 spread through the day which will be my plan. Doing bench 3x a week so want to try and minimise affects on that if poss.
Before photos taken.

hmm already failed lol will start tomorrow when i train, the. do an extra day at the emd of the month ;)

No pics but upper body measures are -
Upper arm: 30cm
Forearm: 29cm
Chest: 93cm

Did 20/15/15.

Followed this form, and had a little pause at the bottom and top. Good idea / bad idea / correct form?
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eh00_rniF8E]How to Do a Push Up Correctly - YouTube[/ame]