• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Got to the gym this morning and went through this programme. Really liked it as it suits how I like to train... Plus by ACTUALLY following it for 3 months I will finally record what I lift every session and truefully keep myself accountable, something I haven't done ever....

Now to sort out a home gym so I don't have the whole week at the gym/week away from it that shift work brings....

Got to the gym this morning and went through this programme. Really liked it as it suits how I like to train... Plus by ACTUALLY following it for 3 months I will finally record what I lift every session and truefully keep myself accountable, something I haven't done ever....

Now to sort out a home gym so I don't have the whole week at the gym/week away from it that shift work brings....

Started the beginners program on Monday and must say i have never been so sore in my life, i have now completed 2 sessions (Monday/Wednesday) and will go again tomorow.
Just a quick question, on the days I am not completing the beginners program is it okay to do a shoulder workout or do chinups etc, or should i just be completing the beginners workout and resting all other days.

Cheers

Started the beginners program on Monday and must say i have never been so sore in my life, i have now completed 2 sessions (Monday/Wednesday) and will go again tomorow.
Just a quick question, on the days I am not completing the beginners program is it okay to do a shoulder workout or do chinups etc, or should i just be completing the beginners workout and resting all other days.

Cheers

Cheers

Thats ok man. I vomited first time I went. Second time i went i could hardly walk for a day or 2 afterwards. This was about 2 weeks ago. A few sessions later i barely raised a sweat. You'll get used to it. Just make sure you sleep plenty.

I wouldn't do additional workouts whilst on the program. "Frequency Method" chinups would probably be okay though.

Cheers

Thats ok man. I vomited first time I went. Second time i went i could hardly walk for a day or 2 afterwards. This was about 2 weeks ago. A few sessions later i barely raised a sweat. You'll get used to it. Just make sure you sleep plenty.

I wouldn't do additional workouts whilst on the program. "Frequency Method" chinups would probably be okay though.

Cheers

If you can fully recover sufficiently in time for the next session, then go ahead. if not then scale down the additional sessions.

Cheers

If you can fully recover sufficiently in time for the next session, then go ahead. if not then scale down the additional sessions.

Great thanks Wingman, yeah i look like a 80 year old man when i get up from my chair right now. Hadent done squats and deadlifts before this week, ouch!!!

Great thanks Wingman, yeah i look like a 80 year old man when i get up from my chair right now. Hadent done squats and deadlifts before this week, ouch!!!

Stick to the program as its written!

Your doing shoulder press three days a week!

Your doing SLDL and rows 3 days a week!

If anything the only thing that should be added is mobility work... (And milk)

Your doing shoulder press three days a week!

Your doing SLDL and rows 3 days a week!

If anything the only thing that should be added is mobility work... (And milk)

You are a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg. I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse.

I posted this up on another forum a year ago. The pissweak pencil neck poindexters all pointed out that it was biased against skinny guys. Crap. If your skinny, eat something. At the time Max weighed 60kg and wasnt remotely close to any of those lifts.

One year later he only has the bench to go, he is only a handful of kg's away. That sounds about right. If you train correctly, you should be able to achieve these goals in a year, regardless of bodyweight. Not many on here lighter than Max was, so no complaints.

The record for achieving all these lifts at PTC from complete beginner was Vocy, he did it in under 3 months from never touching a weight, he weighed 100kg. Benny did it in roughly the same, around 10 weeks.

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Do this 3 times a week. Progressively add weight.

If youve been training for longer than 12 months and cant make ALL those lifts, you've been kidding yourselves, wasting your time on rubbish.

If somebody gave you a pile of ****, and said it was free, would you keep it, simply cause its free? Of course not, you have no use for it.

Just because something is free doesnt mean its useful.

Just one qestion on the SLDL. How should this be done? Should you have a slight bend in the knees or should legs be straight? If possible a video would be good if there is one to post?

Thanks in advance for the help

You are a beginner if you cant bench 100kg, squat 140kg and deadlift 180kg. I dont care what your bodyweight is, get bigger, its why your lifting. Bodyweight is not an excuse.

I posted this up on another forum a year ago. The pissweak pencil neck poindexters all pointed out that it was biased against skinny guys. Crap. If your skinny, eat something. At the time Max weighed 60kg and wasnt remotely close to any of those lifts.

One year later he only has the bench to go, he is only a handful of kg's away. That sounds about right. If you train correctly, you should be able to achieve these goals in a year, regardless of bodyweight. Not many on here lighter than Max was, so no complaints.

The record for achieving all these lifts at PTC from complete beginner was Vocy, he did it in under 3 months from never touching a weight, he weighed 100kg. Benny did it in roughly the same, around 10 weeks.

Now, if your a beginner, here is what you need to do, for between 3-12 months.

Squat 3 x 10
Bench press 3 x 8
Bent row 3 x 8
Military press 3 x 8
SLDL 3 x 8
BB curl 3 x 8

Do this 3 times a week. Progressively add weight.

If youve been training for longer than 12 months and cant make ALL those lifts, you've been kidding yourselves, wasting your time on rubbish.

If somebody gave you a pile of ****, and said it was free, would you keep it, simply cause its free? Of course not, you have no use for it.

Just because something is free doesnt mean its useful.

Just one qestion on the SLDL. How should this be done? Should you have a slight bend in the knees or should legs be straight? If possible a video would be good if there is one to post?

Thanks in advance for the help