• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Awesome info, will probs watch again just because I haven't seen it in a while haha!
Thanks for posting [MENTION=16378]StrungOut[/MENTION]

I don't think hieristic is a word....

A heuristic technique (/hjʉˈrɪstɨk/; Greek: "Εὑρίσκω", "find" or "discover"), sometimes called simply a heuristic, is any approach to problem solving, learning, or discovery that employs a practical methodology not guaranteed to be optimal or perfect, but sufficient for the immediate goals. Where finding an optimal solution is impossible or impractical, heuristic methods can be used to speed up the process of finding a satisfactory solution. Heuristics can be mental shortcuts that ease the cognitive load of making a decision. Examples of this method include using a rule of thumb, an educated guess, an intuitive judgment, stereotyping, profiling, or common sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic

I would be amazed if you had watched it a while ago since it only came out yesterday haha.
This is a new series, not the nutritional pyramid series

Oops... I assumed it was the nutritional pyramid! wild dumb moment!
Even better though, new stuff to watch over lunch!

A heuristic technique (/hjʉˈrɪstɨk/; Greek: "Εὑρίσκω", "find" or "discover"), sometimes called simply a heuristic, is any approach to problem solving, learning, or discovery that employs a practical methodology not guaranteed to be optimal or perfect, but sufficient for the immediate goals. Where finding an optimal solution is impossible or impractical, heuristic methods can be used to speed up the process of finding a satisfactory solution. Heuristics can be mental shortcuts that ease the cognitive load of making a decision. Examples of this method include using a rule of thumb, an educated guess, an intuitive judgment, stereotyping, profiling, or common sense.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heuristic

I'm not sure that's what he was referring to, I took it to mean hierarchical, as in his pyramid-ed approach. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!

Heuristic is sort of a programming/algorithm term. It basically means following a flow chart/list of rules to come up with a conclusion.

Just watched it. He said heuristic but I think it's a slip of the tongue. Clearly based on his diagram he means hierarchy.

Good video series and I'll watch the next when it's out.

He makes some really good points about the fundamentals. You need to enjoy your training, be consistent and have room for flexibility. Consistency trumps perfections in terms of training routines.

This was another good video from the same guy.

He suggested checking out www.examine.com
I just had a look and there is some great information. Every and all supplements have links to studies and are graded in terms of effectiveness and levels of testing.

This guy seems to know what he's talking about. The lack of bro-science in his presentation impressed me very much. He must have some solid credentials to come up with all this. Or an Alan Aragon protege trying to make his mark :p

Helms has been around for a while and always puts out good quality, no bullshit information. His series on nutrition is probably the best out there and should be mandatory viewing for anyone in the iron game. Looking forward to the rest of the training series.

Did you disagree with anything in particular, or did you just not like his delivery?

There seems to be a trend in the last few years of explaining things on whiteboards, using flow charts and graphs, and buzz words like; functional training, mobility and such.

physical culture has lost its way, the line between being healthy and body building is very thin.

but, this is a body building forum, and health is not the priority here.