• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
- Name ~ Damo
- Age ~ 38
- Gender ~ Male
- Location ~ Sleepy Adelaide
- Training experience ~ Beginner
- Any Interests ~ Health and fitness, Personal development.
- Height ~ 180cm
-Weight ~ 107kg
-Goals ~ To loose fat, gain lean muscle, become fitter and stronger and to learn, learn, learn.

- Name ~ Damo
- Age ~ 38
- Gender ~ Male
- Location ~ Sleepy Adelaide
- Training experience ~ Beginner
- Any Interests ~ Health and fitness, Personal development.
- Height ~ 180cm
-Weight ~ 107kg
-Goals ~ To loose fat, gain lean muscle, become fitter and stronger and to learn, learn, learn.

Welcome to Ausbb :cool:

Hi guys. New here. Currently uni student age 18 at around 85kg, hoping to get rid of some injuries and build muscle + strength (I'd like to get back into competing in powerlifting). Been lurking for a while, and you all seem like a friendly, helpful bunch :)

Welcome to the forum

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

Hi guys. New here. Currently uni student age 18 at around 85kg, hoping to get rid of some injuries and build muscle + strength (I'd like to get back into competing in powerlifting). Been lurking for a while, and you all seem like a friendly, helpful bunch :)

Hi Voodoo!
Welcome to Ausbb!!
We have alot of competing Powerlifters and coaches here :)

Newbie here...

Hello to everyone,

Well I am newbie here and don't know much about this forum. So kindly guide me wherever I leave a mistake. Anyway I believe we will enjoy to this community and expose the knowledge which we have inside...

Have a blessed day!

thought i best say hello. been lurking for a while now.

so hello....

currently sittign around 108kgs and training for strength. recently did PTC busta a nut 2, which i thouroughly enjoyed and the "bug" has definately bitten.

Last edited:
thought i best so hello. been lurking for a while now.

so hello....

currently sittign around 108kgs and training for strength. recently did PTC busta a nut 2, which i thouroughly enjoyed and the "bug" has definately bitten.

hello

Better introduce myself. Female, 50 in Nov. This will read like a "OMFG" is there anything right with you.
Have COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease),thank you smoking. Carpal tunnel both hands, RSi both shoulders and elbows, thanks to work. Stuffed up C2 C3 C4 T3 T4 L4 and hips in diving accident, luckily I walked away.

Now for some positives, started gym just over 3 mths ago, spent 4 weeks getting use to machine lifting on a 5 time a week basis.
Went to bodybuilding.com and started Jamie Easons 12 week plan, for some reason I bored with it so looked at the males 12 week plans for lifting...... I'm hooked. I go 5 morns a week with my daughers BF but hes struggling with weight. So I feel as if I am on my own in this some days.
I have lost 13 kg, was 80 kg at begin of this journey and want to loose more and have definition. I don't want a girly/grissley body like Madonna and the likes. I have a solid build and only 5' 1 so would look silly at gaunt at my age. I am after some size and definition. Plus I don't want to embarrass my grandson at Summernats.

I don't eat junk food rarely touch anything deep fried, into salads, steam veg and fish and chicken.

Following 12 week prog of Jim Stoppani's off Bodybuilding.com but also confused about the 'to fatigue issue' as have seen conflicting reports on their site and elsewhere.

Any advise on diet, training etc would be greatly appreciated.

ANd on an upside to injuries I now, since joining the gym, have no issues with injuries cept left shoulder/elbow but working on that. Lifting weights have been the best and cheapest physical therapy ever.

Thanks for the welcome.

Better introduce myself. Female, 50 in Nov. This will read like a "OMFG" is there anything right with you.
Have COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary disease),thank you smoking. Carpal tunnel both hands, RSi both shoulders and elbows, thanks to work. Stuffed up C2 C3 C4 T3 T4 L4 and hips in diving accident, luckily I walked away.

Now for some positives, started gym just over 3 mths ago, spent 4 weeks getting use to machine lifting on a 5 time a week basis.
Went to bodybuilding.com and started Jamie Easons 12 week plan, for some reason I bored with it so looked at the males 12 week plans for lifting...... I'm hooked. I go 5 morns a week with my daughers BF but hes struggling with weight. So I feel as if I am on my own in this some days.
I have lost 13 kg, was 80 kg at begin of this journey and want to loose more and have definition. I don't want a girly/grissley body like Madonna and the likes. I have a solid build and only 5' 1 so would look silly at gaunt at my age. I am after some size and definition. Plus I don't want to embarrass my grandson at Summernats.
Welcome to Ausbb! :)
Glad you have found yourself a passion with lifting :)

Hi!

Hey Guys n Gals,

- Name- Im Marty,
- Age-32 (almost 33)
- Gender-Most definatly male
- Location- Northern Burbs In Melbourne
- Training experience (if you have any that is) not much
- Any Interests - im into cars, car stereos, DownHill MTB, Lighting(musicals and dance partys)

i joined the fourms to be a bit better informed.

Do you have any goals in mind? Yes, i want to jump out of a plane, so gotta loose some weight, i also want to be fitter so i can keep up with my son.

Are you trying to gain or lose weight? Both, i would ultimatly like to trade my keg for a 6 pack, then bulk everythin up..

Heyas.

Name : Graham
Genfer : M
Training Experience : Bit of a gym rat in my late teens early 20's.

Joined AusBB to get advice on gym equipment and supplements and hopefully learn enough to make my own effective program.

Goals : Redistribution of body mass :).

Welcome to the forum

Admin here but please call me Graeme

I would like to welcome you to the Ausbb- Australian BodyBuilding Forums, Good to have you all on board. Don't forget to start your own Training Diary. Your Training Diary will help you stay motivated and keep track of your progress. When you train alone sometimes it is hard to get help, guidance, inspirtation and motivation which is where the Ausbb forums and the Ausbb Training Diaries will help you with finding others with similar stats and allow you to interact with each other.

* Click here to start your own training log (don't forget to put a link in your signature to your training diary).
* Once you have started your Training diary click here to add it to the lists (order by weight and order by age) this helps other guys find your log.

Heya!

Im Mooman!

Im 27, 170cm, weighing in at about 77kg at the moment but carrying an extra couple of kg's of fat haha...

I box and play ice hockey.
Based in Brisbane

Have been doing martial arts since I was a little boy, started doing weights at about 19, had a knee injury which slowed me down for a couple of years.

Keen to get to 80kg's lean, putting weight on while maintaining the speed for boxing is f#^king hard! though I have gained about 5 kg's of lean muscle in about the last 18 months! :)

Rather then follow a strict diet I just try to eat healthy in general, maintain a balanced diet and if it doesn't moo, cluck or grow out of the ground I don't eat it! Try and eat less food more often.... work permitting haha!

I really want to put on the size and get up to 80kg lean, I guess ill keep doing what I have been doing, but just don't have enough room to fit any more food in haha!! sick of looking/feeling bloated all the time!

Mooman!