• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Howdy

Howdy everyone. Great forum here (lurked for a while).

Name: Hombre
How long have you been interested in health/fitness? Played sport in my youth, stopped, got fat(er), starting to redeem myself.
Favorite foods? Thai
Favorite exercises? Bench Press and Deadlift (suck at both)
Goal(s) you would like to reach? Reduced bodyfat and maintain as much LBM
Goal(s) you already HAVE reached? Feel like I'm missing something if I don't go to the gym.
Favorite song to listen to while working out? Try not to listen to music on ipod when working out (I like to be aware of my surroundings - paranoid maybe ?)
Favorite movie? Goodfella's
Favorite TV Show? Sport (Rugby Union, Test Cricket )
Family/pets? Dog (Golden Retriever)
Hobbies: Gym, reading history, family tree research (boring huh?)

Last edited:
Hi everyone, new here so go easy on me!

Name: Derek

Past Professions: Computer g33k

Current Weight: 85.3kg

Height: 190cm

Goals: Nearly there. Started 94.9kg and goal is 83kg.

Been exercising on a daily basis while at work (2 weeks on and 2 weeks off) consisting of either cardio or weights. Lost nearly 10kg since Sept. Been on the 16/8 intermittent fasting regime the past couple months and it's been great. Gone from a 38 waist down to a 32 (fit in clothes I had as a teen, haha).

Anyhoo, here is a current pic of me taken last week.

WvyZnVBHfFLdCbdJgBAQnbgROFOMLGZtXboy.jpg

Hi Everey one, I signed up a while ago but dont think I did the introduce yourself part, until I saw the welcome message today, sorry about the delay.

Name: Rob

Weight: 101kg

Height: 177cm

BF: No idea, not fat, but NO abs either and slightly full chin, wife says I need to lean up (but she thinks tennis players have good bodies :eek: )

Experience: Pumping weights since 1991, with 3 (very) long beaks due to 1 wedding and 2 kids, mainly do traditional training routines, never ripped up

Interests: Offroad motorbike riding, Road cycling and (lots of) Eating

Goals: Lean down and keep size

Joined: To find find out the magic secret on how to lean down and keep size.

Name: Lucian

Weight: 122kg

Height: 187cm

BF: 38.6%

Experience: Very little weightlifting experience, used to cycle Alot(30km+ 4 times a week)

Presently doing(due to lack of any gyms nearby) a 30 minute dumbell workout 3 times a week(MWF) with 25-30 minutes of cardio(MTWTF) and an hour on sunday.

Interests: Gaming, Electronics, Basketball

Goals: Drop to 90Kg with 20% bodyfat

Last edited:
Hey All

Hope I'm doing this right. Pretty new to forums of any kind and YAY finally headed in the right direction with health and fitness =]

Name Jade
Age 22
Gender F
Location Brisbane, Australia
Occupation Storeperson

Training Experience Played sports my whole life, actually considered training only a few months ago. Interested in figure-building and think it’d be an amazing challenge so here I am!!!

Interests Health and fitness, nutrition, pharmacology, sports of all kinds, pole-dancing, the outdoors

Goals To tone up, lower BFP, increase strength, and possibly compete in the future
Joined AusBB Because I want to get serious about building and I think I can get the help I need here =D

pole dancing!! hey baby:p

Introduction

Hi all just joining the intro session

- Name -
Steve

- Age -

- Gender -
Male

- Height -
174cm

- Weight -
67KG

- Location -
Cape Woolamai, VIC.

- Training experience (if you have any that is) -
Have spent most of life looking after a functional body so I can run, swim, surf and ride. enjoy gym workout's and exercises like running and riding.

- Any Interests -
Surf, Scuba, Running, Riding, Gym workout's, BJJ, Swimming, Healthy Eating,

- Goals - Build up strength to better than pre knee operation.

- Joined - To be a part of solutions and problem solving through opinionated forums.

G'day Zoot, nowhere yet. I'm looking at getting a membership at the Geo Bay Yacht Club gym. Only $200 a year there apparently.

I've heard that's pretty good. I'll keep an eye out for your log on here; I'm down the road in Dunsborough

Hey guys, new on the forum, some great knowledge here.

I'm restarting training after a lengthy layoff. My goals are purely strength-related, increasing my squats, deadlifts & presses. I have broader goals of perhaps competing in a powerlifting meet one day. My current (post-layoff) lifts are embarrassing so I'll post my (slightly less embarrassing) PR's from 2012.

Squat 155kg
Deadlift 190kg
Bench Press 115kg
Press 80kg
Power Clean 75kg

Hey guys, new on the forum, some great knowledge here.

I'm restarting training after a lengthy layoff. My goals are purely strength-related, increasing my squats, deadlifts & presses. I have broader goals of perhaps competing in a powerlifting meet one day. My current (post-layoff) lifts are embarrassing so I'll post my (slightly less embarrassing) PR's from 2012.

Squat 155kg
Deadlift 190kg
Bench Press 115kg
Press 80kg
Power Clean 75kg

welcome amigo

Name: Kaz

Current Weight: 68kgs .

Height: 175cms

Training experience (if you have any that is): Been working out for about 5 years. dropped 25 odd kilos back in 2008. since then hawnt looked back!!
Educate myself about health, body building, food and supps.

I joined Ausbb because it's great to share and learn from others.

Cheers

Name: Kaz

Current Weight: 68kgs .

Height: 175cms

Training experience (if you have any that is): Been working out for about 5 years. dropped 25 odd kilos back in 2008. since then hawnt looked back!!
Educate myself about health, body building, food and supps.

I joined Ausbb because it's great to share and learn from others.

Cheers

Wait wut!?!
This is like the boy version of me.....!

Welcome, Kaz :)

Name Mark

Age 42

Gender Male

Weight to bloody heavy

Height 6 foot

Locatin sometimes Brisbane normaly working in nor west

Training experience been following a programe
Bodybuilding.com - Go From Zero To Hero In One Year: The Ultimate 365 Day Muscle Building Plan!
Upto the 10th week so far only missed 3 days so far and two because of the floods. Need to get fitter don't want to be in a walking frame by the time I'm 60.

I've joined Ausbb because I know sweet f all about bodybuilding.

Hi all,

Great to be amongst it on AusBB. Looking forward to chatting with you all. I'm really new to 'proper' strength training so looking forward to picking up some tips from you experienced lifters (in other words, please excuse any dumb questions I ask :)). I am predominantly an endurance athlete who is looking to develop some strength. I have weight trained in the past, but never stuck to it and never followed a regimented program until recently. A couple of months ago I discovered the 'Starting Strength' book and have made some fairly good progress.

Here are some personal details.

Name: James
Height: 170cm
Weight: 71kg

Interests outside of my training are family time, AFL footy and guitars.

Why I am here: Just wanted somewhere to chat and pick up tips from more experienced lifters.

Cheers

Last edited: