• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

0ni

Registered Rustler
Hi everyone,
I've not been here for the last two years but I never stopped researching diet and training. My wife wanted to drop a dress size and get healthy. She did not however want to go hungry or do something so extreme she wouldn't be able to stick to it.

The first thing we did was get her to get a blood test. She was lacking in calcium, iron, zinc, magnesium, vitamin D. Her TSH was high, her cholesterol was normal.
To address this, I had her eat only red meat for two weeks. I said this could be whatever she wanted and as much as she wanted. Most days she was eating either lamb shanks, beef ribs or pulled brisket. At the end of the two weeks I said she could eat a cheat meal of whatever she wanted and then the next cheat meal would be the following week.

I then said after each meal, she goes on a 10 minute brisk walk. She was eating twice a day.

This next week (Week 3) she started getting bad cravings, so I let her eat as much cheese as she wanted. Women will generally eat anything as long as it's covered in the right kind of cheese. She ate burgers that weekend as the free meal. She noted that after eating carbohydrate she felt very bloated and bad.

Week 4 she had stalled in progress. So one day a week I made it so that she ate only chicken breast for that day. This made it so for that day she only ate perhaps 500kcal. I also split her meals up so she ate 4 meals a day instead of 2 and she did her 10 minute walk after each meal.

At the end of this week she had hit her goal and all her dresses fit her properly again. We did not weigh her as scale weight was not the goal. We did not count calories at any time and instead focused on good habits and resetting her insulin sensitivity. At the end of week 4 the blood test showed that every mineral was in range as well as Vitamin D (which we supplemented 5000ui a day). At no time did she say she was hungry. She did not do any exercise other than the 10 minute walks and our weekly dance lesson. She also ate 5 servings of fruit a day and a big bowl of salad after dinner. She did not enter ketosis at any time during the diet

To come out the diet, we kept the same framework but allowed her to eat however she wanted again. Her diet before was mainly stewed meat with beans and rice. She is back eating like this for two weeks now, however with 4 meals a day and the 10 minute walk after each meal and she has continued to lose fat and finds she cannot eat as much rice as she used to without feeling bad. One day a week she eats no carbs apart from fruit and eats chicken breast for meat instead of beef or lamb

This goes to show women here that very good progress can be made quickly if you focus on improving your way of life, rather than some specific diet. Processed foods and a lot of sugar will make you insulin resistant and fat mass will grow if you have mineral imbalances, low vitamin D or not enough sleep. Great progress can be made by simply doing a 10 minute walk after every meal, not eating refined unnatural carbohydrate or sugars. Fat loss plateaus can be busted by walking slightly more, making a very small change to what you eat and addressing mineral imbalances

You are my hero.
And congratulations to your wife, for listening to you.
Ive never believed in “Diets” to me, that’s just a form of eating disorder.

Does she call you Husband?

You are my hero.
And congratulations to your wife, for listening to you.
Ive never believed in “Diets” to me, that’s just a form of eating disorder.

Does she call you Husband?

She calls me Mr. The Best