• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

brodiearek

Hey guys,

I just had a question, I am finding is very hard to stick to my workouts ever since my gym closed due to lockdown. I can't really do my bench press or lateral pulldown. has anyone else come across this issue too.

[MENTION=895]Shrek[/MENTION] and [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION] will be Experts at training during Lockdown lol.

Bench Press substitute - Push Ups
Lat Pulldowns substitute - Pull Ups, even set up Barbell across something high enough to act as Pull up bar.

Last edited:
Definately smash the pushups.

Pushup/pullup workouts should be your jam if you got nothing else. Can do them two to three times per week.
Alternating between straight sets one day, max effort sets the next. Actually it's probably better to do two straight two sets, most and Friday for example, then a max effort Wednesday.

Lunges. That is your other ideal focus. Twice a week. One day with regularly lunging, the other day Bulgarian split squat style, deep. Do calf with those days also.

This will tie you over.

Forget you normal program of you don't have a home gym (shame on you, [emoji20])

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

Dips between chairs, squat jumps, burpees, push ups, pull up.

Or find one of those outdoor gyms. Better than nothing.

Definately smash the pushups.

Pushup/pullup workouts should be your jam if you got nothing else. Can do them two to three times per week.
Alternating between straight sets one day, max effort sets the next. Actually it's probably better to do two straight two sets, most and Friday for example, then a max effort Wednesday.

Lunges. That is your other ideal focus. Twice a week. One day with regularly lunging, the other day Bulgarian split squat style, deep. Do calf with those days also.

This will tie you over.

Forget you normal program of you don't have a home gym (shame on you, [emoji20])

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

I agree with this,you ll find you would have retained a fair chunk of ur strength when you get back to the gym.

I’d also recommend push ups, pull ups in order to stay active and healthy. Focus on your goals of fitness and try your level best!
Along with push ups, pull ups you must try Squats, Burpees these types of workouts.