• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

macca

Hey all,
I read alot of articles, studies, forums, books and blogs devoted to training. Aswell as spending a decent slice of my time talking shop with other lifter's. As such iv'e read and heard some quality things written and said. My favourite's being comical line's from bro's at teh gym and those of coaches such as the likes of Rip, John and Wendler.

A place to post things you hear or read that just click, whether it be an ah-ha moment or one that makes you laugh.

One I read today from Harry Selkow which i enjoyed.

'We squat, bench, and deadlift, and we do pull-ups. If your program lacks any one of these components, you don’t have a program in my opinion.'

Amen.

Good luck is the result of hard work and dedication.

Success is simply a matter of luck. Ask any failure and they’ll tell you that.

Adversity causes some men to break – others to break records.

Obstacles are those frightening things that you see when you take your eyes of your goals.

People who say things cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it.

Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact, it’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration, it’s a dare. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.

The measure of a man’s true character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Show me a thoroughly satisfied man & I will show you a failure.

Desire to have more you can accomplish.

The trouble with opportunity is that it always comes disguised as hard work.

Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on Earth can help the man with the wrong attitude.

One machine can do the work of fifty ordinary men. No machine can do the work of one extraordinary man.

Most people never run far enough on their first wind to find out they've got a second.

Your goal in the gym should be simple: more reps performed more explosively with more weight in less time.

Only those who risk going too far can possibly know how far one can go.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

Whether you think that you can or that you can't, you are usually right.

Addicted is just the word the lazy use to describe the motivated.

The only time 'Success' comes before 'Work' is in the dictionary.

Man cannot remake himself without suffering for he is both the marble and the sculptor.

There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

What would you attempt if you knew you would not fail?

No matter what you aspire to, someone else will always be better than you. Bigger, stronger, faster, smarter, richer, more skilled, better looking whatever. Do not measure yourself against them. Measure yourself against what you discover you can become.

You’re only as strong as your weakest link, and as efficient as your worst movement.

One day my body will not be able to do this. Today is not that day.

The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather a lack of determination.

Start kicking ass, and take out the crap that doesn’t matter. Start doing and believing in the stuff that works, do it today and forever. You want science and studies? Fuck you. I’ve got scars and blood and vomit.
This is a call to arms for some of you. It is for me, too. Stop all the things that make you a pussy and steal your energy. Get your life back.

There are six million reasons for failure, but not one excuse.

Life’s battles don’t always go to the stronger or faster man. Sooner or later the man who wins is the man who thinks he can.

No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.

If you don't go after what you want, you'll never have it. If you don't ask, the answer is always no. If you don't step forward, you're always in the same place.

Crawling is acceptable. Falling is acceptable. Puking is acceptable. Tears are acceptable. Pain is acceptable. Injury is acceptable. Quitting is unacceptable.

Today I will do what others won't, so tomorrow I can accomplish what others can't

The tragedy in life doesn't lie in not reaching your goal. The tragedy lies in having no goals to reach. It isn't a calamity to die with dreams unfilled, but it is a calamity not to dream. It is not a disgrace not to reach the stars, but it is a disgrace to have no stars to reach for.

It's not enough that we do our best; sometimes we have to do what's required

Our deepest fear is not that we are powerful beyond all measure. It is that we are worse than the most evil men. We are weaker than a cripple and more vulnerable than a newborn. Our deepest fear is that we are neither something nor special. Our greatest hope is not that we are powerful beyond all measure .It is that we are made better than the wisest king .We are made stronger than the staunchest soldier and more loved than we imagine. Our greatest hope is that our hope is powerful beyond all measure

Weakness is a state of mind, not a physical characteristic.

"Cheat on your girlfriend, not on your workout"

(only cause that's the most popular singlet I sell, alongside "Is it massive in here, or is it just me" hehe.)

It is not the body or the weight lifted that people admire most, it's the hard work, dedication, disipline and determination that went into it that they admire.
Joe Weider

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where tje doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows in the end, the triumph of high achievement and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.
Teddy Roooseveldt

This little gem poped up on the startingstrength forums yesterday:

"Anybody that knows how many almonds they ate on Thanksgiving Day is not only a pain in the ass, but is also not deadlifting enough weight."
- Mark Rippetoe

LOL...

This one had me in stitches when I first read it....

If it's too heavy to squat below parallel, it's too heavy to have on the back.
– Mark Rippetoe, Starting Strength, pg. 18
And most importantly: Everytime you squat above parallel, Rip drowns a kitten in milk....