• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
One guy at work summed up his weight loss recently. Essentially does IF. Doesn't lift, this is just flat out weightloss, he was a big dude before. Has probably dropped 20kgs or more.

"I've stopped drinking soft drinks that aren't sugar free, I don't eat breakfast because I am normally not hungry, I get to eat normal/large sized meals for lunch and dinner, and I've stopped eating shit like lollies. I never realised how many calories were in certain foods like donuts til I looked them up on myfitnesspal".

That's pretty much how I've been cutting. Don't eat till lunchtime, easily cuts 300-600cals from your daily intake by skipping breakfast, more if you're used to having a decent snack between breakie and lunch like I was when bulking. And then slowly reduced the portion sizes of lunch and dinner so the overall drop wasn't too drastic to begin with. Down about 7 or 8kg in 2 months I think.
Doesn't even feel like you're dieting or missing out on anything, especially having a bit of a refeed on the weekend.

If you were chasing very low bf levels it may require a bit more nouse on counting cals but for average Joe trying to lose a few kgs, it's easy and very effective.

There has been some speculation that aspartame in food has no adverse effects, like (i think) bazza has stated often, but I view these sugar substitutes as MSG, if it has no effect on you and you enjoy the taste then that's fine

Start with reducing small things first, such as amount of soft drink, how much peanut butter you smoother on your morning toast, the 4 cups of coffee a day with a cup of milk in each

Reduce peanut butter fuck that... Just use a spoon and no toast!

If you have sweet tooth, enjoy putting sugar on everything and can't give bear that give it up unless there's a rifle pringled into your nutz or a surgeon's about to amputate ya limbs, then use Stevia. they are a sick alternative. That pouch of pure Stevia I scored from Bulk Nutrients is so dope; one speck of pharmaceutical grade stevia in my coffee makes it taste super sweet!

Edit: I politely tell my overweight friends and family to start counting calories and monitor macros on myfitnesspal. 1/10 have taken that advice on board and is losing weight respectably.

I answer questions if asked. I treat nutrition like religion. I have my ways and if asked I will tell them to you. No need to push it on people!

If people ask about what I'm eating (often at work it seems) I try to give the explanation in a simple to understand way e.g. I pretty much eat super "clean" at work as I am not overly active, it gets me plenty of protein (so I don't have to eat bulk meat at night) and I have most of my calories on the weekend when I'm a lot more active. So I get the "oh you are so strict with your diet" thing very often. I find it quite funny actually. Considering I do competitive eating also LOL.