• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breakfast

200g oats
250ml egg whites
1 egg whole
Couple slices wholegrain bread ( home made)
Latte with 200mls low fat milk
600 cals, 14g fat, 52g protein, 57g carbs

Lunch

Large salad with flax oil and balsamic and 4 bean mix
185g tuna
Banana
449 cals, 7.3 g fat, 46.8g protein, 44g carbs

Snacks

200g oats with wpi
250ml low fat milk
apple
342 cals 5.3G fat, 27g protein, 50g carbs

Dinner

180 gr grilled chicken breast
Salad....same as lunch
200g yoghurt vaalia
632 cals, 14.5g fat, 70g protein, 44g carbs

2025 cals, 41g fat, 190g protein, 196g carbs

No weights today but around 2 x 30min cardio sessions steady state

http://img851.imageshack.us/img851/6650/photo14z.jpg
hey jdmr2, how did you make this? looks like there is a tomatoish sauce in there, is that pasta sauce or are those baked beans?
actually CAN I HAVE THE RECIPE PLEASE

300g chicken
Rice
Pasta
Egg
Beans
Vegies

skinless chicken fillet?
how many eggs?
what type of beans and veges?

I cheated a bit with this, to make it quicker to prepare at work.

At home I prepared the following and brought them in a container:
Pan cooked the 300g of chicken in a little bit of olive oil.
Pan cooked 2 whole eggs, scrambled/chopped up into little bits.

The rice = "Smart Rice" 300g brown rice. 90 seconds in the microwave.

The rest is where I cheated. I put in a can of Campbell's Minestrone soup.
It made up the sauce, vegies, beans, pasta etc.

Mix up all of the above and shove it in the microwave ;) Easy and went down a treat.

Other times I have mixed a can of diced tomatoes in with my rice meals. Works as a great sauce too!

After lurking for a while reading through the thread trying to decide if I was eating well, decided to join and cop the criticism :p

I'm 22 and looking to gain without gaining too much fat. I'm used to maintaining weight to stay in competition brackets for BJJ so stuffing my face is still unnatural!

I'll just post up my diet for yesterday. Changes daily but basically stays the same:

Breakfast
1 Cup of oats
2 Tablespoons LSA Mix
Apple
Glass of Skim Milk

Snack:
30g Cashews

Lunch:
175g Kangaroo Mince
Mushrooms, onion, garlic
70g Wholemeal Pasta
175g Yoghurt

Snack:
85g Sliced Chicken breast
Glass of skim milk

Dinner:
125g stir fry chicken breast
100g long grain brown rice
broccoli
baby corn
string beans

After training meal (I train 8pm -> 9:30ishpm):
2x Glass of skim milk
Apple
Tin of Greenseas tuna

All = about 2,300

Still think I need to eat more - Any ideas on how to stuff a few more calories in?

After lurking for a while reading through the thread trying to decide if I was eating well, decided to join and cop the criticism :p

I'm 22 and looking to gain without gaining too much fat. I'm used to maintaining weight to stay in competition brackets for BJJ so stuffing my face is still unnatural!

I'll just post up my diet for yesterday. Changes daily but basically stays the same:

Breakfast
1 Cup of oats
2 Tablespoons LSA Mix
Apple
Glass of Skim Milk

Snack:
30g Cashews

Lunch:
175g Kangaroo Mince
Mushrooms, onion, garlic
70g Wholemeal Pasta
175g Yoghurt

Snack:
Glass of skim milk

Dinner:
broccoli
baby corn
string beans

2x Glass of skim milk
Apple
Tin of Greenseas tuna

All = about 2,300

Still think I need to eat more - Any ideas on how to stuff a few more calories in?

Add some eggs to your breakfast, add protein to your morning snack and have another meal an hour after your post workout meal before bed

Breakfast
1 Cup of oats
2 Tablespoons LSA Mix
Apple
Glass of Skim Milk

Snack:
30g Cashews

Lunch:
175g Kangaroo Mince
Mushrooms, onion, garlic
70g Wholemeal Pasta
175g Yoghurt

Snack:
Glass of skim milk

Dinner:
broccoli
baby corn
string beans

2x Glass of skim milk
Apple
Tin of Greenseas tuna

All = about 2,300

More Milk ?

For the first snack have a tin of tuna aswell.
250grams of chicken for dinner.
More meat at lunch less yogurt.

Your breakfast and post workout meal seem to be lacking protien severly. You could use a WPC / WPI supplement here just to get in some more protien. Unless yuo do not wish to supplement.

lol I've been told more milk. So much damn milk.

thanks for the advice. Tuna for a snack is good but I work in an office environment without a lunch room and actually had complaints about the smell of tuna. Funnily enough, it's usually by people stuffing their face with cake or extra large milkshakes with cream from gloria jeans!

Breakfast is a worry... added the LSA for protein, but agree need more. I'm just too slack to wake up early to make anything that takes effort - dont get in and settled down from training till 11pm most nights.

Guess when I'm a mountain of muscle no one will be complaining about tuna :p

lol I've been told more milk. So much damn milk.

thanks for the advice. Tuna for a snack is good but I work in an office environment without a lunch room and actually had complaints about the smell of tuna. Funnily enough, it's usually by people stuffing their face with cake or extra large milkshakes with cream from gloria jeans!

Breakfast is a worry... added the LSA for protein, but agree need more. I'm just too slack to wake up early to make anything that takes effort - dont get in and settled down from training till 11pm most nights.

Guess when I'm a mountain of muscle no one will be complaining about tuna :p

Fuck. Just spent 20 minutes typing up and figuring out nutriotional information and I got logged off this forum... Great.

4d45727e.jpg

Cooking for the week ahead.. Mmmm yum!

Fuck. Just spent 20 minutes typing up and figuring out nutriotional information and I got logged off this forum... Great.

haha hate it when that happens.

I've just been logging my food with MyFitnessPal iPhone ap. Can easily keep it updated and doesn't take too much effort, cause calorie counting is a bitch.

I'm only logging to get a rough idea of caloric needs: averaging around 2,200 for a week and I lost half a kg, so thinking 1,000 extra calories should have me gaining half a kg.

I'm just struggling to work out how to get the extra calories without feeling like a fat bastard! Spent so long monitoring weight to stay in lower weight classes, the weakling mindset is embeded in me :D

Soon to be slotting in 2x mass gainer shakes throughout my days. The diet alone is doing sh*t all..

I would be eating more before going mass gainers. From what ive heard they are basically all sugar.

Quadsess: How do you bake the chicken so that is not dry? I have tried to before and its like eating cardboard afterwards :(

If anyone else knows, please please please let me know. Im sick of pan fried chicken breasts!

I would be eating more before going mass gainers. From what ive heard they are basically all sugar.

This.

I honestly can't eat any more. I've vomited a few times now.

Sorry if you have already posted it, but can you put up what you eat on a daily basis. Preferably with a breakdown of cals/protien/carbs/fat.

Are you having your shakes with milk ?

I'm by no means any nutritional expert but I have something like the following which contains plenty of cals in shake form.

650ml milk, 3 large eggs, 1 scoop WPC
Calories: 757
Fat: 32.6g (Saturated 20.2)
Protein: 65.1g
Carbohydrate: 35.3g

650ml milk, 3 large eggs, 1 scoop WPC, 40g Oats
Calories: 909
Fat: 36.1g (Saturated 20.9)
Protein: 70.2g
Carbohydrate: 58g

PS. You think your stuggling. I'm an ectomorph and weigh 87.5KG. Try consuming that much food. haha

Status
Not open for further replies.