• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Had turkey burgers with salad and habanero sauce for brekkie
Some pineapple and yoghurt with PB later.

Eggs and salad for lunch ...

but then ... cos I was in my French Entremet class .... I haven't eaten proper cake since...hell, I don't even remember....

but I had a bazillion kcals of these :eek: :D

181055_576271775730888_209463922_n.jpg

5798_576271639064235_1587711719_n.jpg

484738_576271562397576_1666035932_n.jpg
10193_576271472397585_838498667_n.jpg

Had turkey burgers with salad and habanero sauce for brekkie
Some pineapple and yoghurt with PB later.

Eggs and salad for lunch ...

but then ... cos I was in my French Entremet class .... I haven't eaten proper cake since...hell, I don't even remember....

but I had a bazillion kcals of these :eek: :D

181055_576271775730888_209463922_n.jpg

5798_576271639064235_1587711719_n.jpg

484738_576271562397576_1666035932_n.jpg
10193_576271472397585_838498667_n.jpg

Awesome cakes Chilli.
Reminds me of when Mrs Grippy did a full on cake course a few years ago and was coming home with pieces of art like above.
Is the course just for shits and giggles and to make awesome cakes to smash to up the calories or are you looking at using it career wise?

Awesome cakes Chilli.
Reminds me of when Mrs Grippy did a full on cake course a few years ago and was coming home with pieces of art like above.
Is the course just for shits and giggles and to make awesome cakes to smash to up the calories or are you looking at using it career wise?

Well, i used to make special occasion cakes as a sideline biz when I was a young gal LOL
I'd like to make chocolates and protein bars to sell on a whim but the cakes..not sure...not worth it from home tbh. Too expensive on a small scale. But would be nice to do it for friends and family again.
I'm happiest doing this stuff :)
Especially choc work.

Nice that I was helping to teach yesterday too!! :D

Dear lord

I know the feel LOL

I've just finished smashing a block of ALDI milk chocolate. I am yet to find any chocolate that beats this stuff.

Totally serious. I've eaten 3 family blocks in the last 24 hours. Would have eaten more but the missus hid the rest of them from me.

If anyone can recommend anything better ill be happy to give it a try.

it's a question of perceived value. I can suggest chocolate that will make you think the Aldi one is rubbish but you wouldn't want to pay for it :)

perceived value!

enjoy ... chocolate is good :)

What is it and how much?

vivi automatically shifts into "chocolate dealer mode" ... lol

Well there are quite a few and I'd suggest a few dark ones that would satisfy the milk choc lover would be amongst them ...

Michel Cluizel
any of his bars are unbelievable but his single estate bars are very interesting:
Maralumi (milk or dark) is wonderful
Vila Gracinda 67% ... technically dark but is like eating the chocolate version of warm, buttered toast and has some nice milk chocolately flavour. Personal fave.

These will set you back anywhere between $8 to $13 per 70g bar, depending on where you buy it (Essential Ingredient in NSW and VIC sell it at hiked up prices so I get it from King & Godfree in Melb as it's cheaper).
- KING & GODFREE - EST. 1870 -
The Essential Ingredient

Valrhona
A rolls royce of chocolate. Standard grand cru bars are about $10.95 at Simon Johnson
For the milk lover, Tanariva at 33% is very caramelly and good.
Jivara at 40% cacao is also lovely.
SJ is the importer. Also has some other great chocs.
Welcome to Simon Johnson

Amedei ... extraordinary
Nobody should pass up the chance to try the Porcellana but it's a dark choc and my fave bean. seriously expensive because the yield is low and the beans are rare but it's very fine. Nobody here cares about that, except me I guess :p
You can get a good selection from their range at Lario International in NSW and online.
Chocolate | Lario International | Fine quality artisan foods

There are more but I as you can see...the bars are smaller, the price is higher. Mostly because these are specialty chocs. They don't source their beans from the Ivory Coast from mass yielding plantations. These are companies that make the top line couvertures used by chocolatiers and their consumer lines are equally top notch.

So it's all about perceived value.

:)

vivi automatically shifts into "chocolate dealer mode" ... lol

Well there are quite a few and I'd suggest a few dark ones that would satisfy the milk choc lover would be amongst them ...

Michel Cluizel
any of his bars are unbelievable but his single estate bars are very interesting:
Maralumi (milk or dark) is wonderful
Vila Gracinda 67% ... technically dark but is like eating the chocolate version of warm, buttered toast and has some nice milk chocolately flavour. Personal fave.

These will set you back anywhere between $8 to $13 per 70g bar, depending on where you buy it (Essential Ingredient in NSW and VIC sell it at hiked up prices so I get it from King & Godfree in Melb as it's cheaper).
- KING & GODFREE - EST. 1870 -
The Essential Ingredient

Valrhona
A rolls royce of chocolate. Standard grand cru bars are about $10.95 at Simon Johnson
For the milk lover, Tanariva at 33% is very caramelly and good.
Jivara at 40% cacao is also lovely.
SJ is the importer. Also has some other great chocs.
Welcome to Simon Johnson

Amedei ... extraordinary
Nobody should pass up the chance to try the Porcellana but it's a dark choc and my fave bean. seriously expensive because the yield is low and the beans are rare but it's very fine. Nobody here cares about that, except me I guess :p
You can get a good selection from their range at Lario International in NSW and online.
Chocolate | Lario International | Fine quality artisan foods

There are more but I as you can see...the bars are smaller, the price is higher. Mostly because these are specialty chocs. They don't source their beans from the Ivory Coast from mass yielding plantations. These are companies that make the top line couvertures used by chocolatiers and their consumer lines are equally top notch.

So it's all about perceived value.

:)

Thanks for that.

Not fussed about perceived value. If you recon it will make the aldi choc taste like rubbish (I am doubtful but hopeful of being proven wrong) as a chocoholic I'm very keen to see what they taste like.

Thanks for that.

Not fussed about perceived value. If you recon it will make the aldi choc taste like rubbish (I am doubtful but hopeful of being proven wrong) as a chocoholic I'm very keen to see what they taste like.

guys, it all comes down to what you are "addicted" to with chocolate.

is it the actual chocolate or is it the milk + sugar combo?
for most people, give them a try of some real cacao and they hate it. it's the milk and sugar they love or crave.

but if you really love chocolate, you will appreciate the different flavour profiles of different cacaos/chocs from different parts of the world and beans etc and how it's made.

Also look up Felchin, Pralus, and Willie's Cacao (he's crazy but his bars are good, albeit overpriced compared with the euro stuff above imho).

Cafe Tasse is not bad either.

If you like a little chilli in your choc (haha of course), then there is a QLD family making some good stuff... Seat on Fire ...both milk and dark versions, and mild to CCM style LOL

The chocolate isn't of the calibre of the ones above but it's an interesting chilli version.

guys, it all comes down to what you are "addicted" to with chocolate.

is it the actual chocolate or is it the milk + sugar combo?
for most people, give them a try of some real cacao and they hate it. it's the milk and sugar they love or crave.

but if you really love chocolate, you will appreciate the different flavour profiles of different cacaos/chocs from different parts of the world and beans etc and how it's made.

Also look up Felchin, Pralus, and Willie's Cacao (he's crazy but his bars are good, albeit overpriced compared with the euro stuff above imho).

Cafe Tasse is not bad either.

If you like a little chilli in your choc (haha of course), then there is a QLD family making some good stuff... Seat on Fire ...both milk and dark versions, and mild to CCM style LOL

The chocolate isn't of the calibre of the ones above but it's an interesting chilli version.

Fair chance for me it's the milk sugar combo. What's not to like about milk and sugar together, both are great.

I don't mind it but not the hugest dark chocolate fan.

I don't tend to have that expensive tastes.

Had a $100 steak at a fancy restaurant a while back and was disappointed with it. Hungry jacks, pizza or fish and chips would have been better options that night and I love steak.

Status
Not open for further replies.