• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I think I need to put the padlock on this thread. . ��

Can't believe its taken you this long to realize that :D One for the road

cq5dam.web.1280.1280.jpeg

Read the paper today?
Thurstons response to Pearces claim that he was a has been was "go out in front of suncorp and stand with the wally lewis statue, atleast then you can have a photo with the shield".

Gotta pay that. Haha

You're a good bloke Tim. You're always welcome in Qld! :)

yes, an overrated sporting event which is supposedly pinnacle of sport.

IMO, Aust v NZ v England should be pinnacle.

And NRL at domestic level.

Another poor bitter Newsouthwelshmen who lost money on the game. :D

Test Rugby League is generally of a lower standard than State of Origin due to England and New Zealand usually only having a chance when Australia get complacent or are able to niggle and put Australia off their game.

England and New Zealand are probably State of Origin level teams. Its just the history of State of Origin makes it more intense as players go that bit further.

Qld would have put a Cricket score on New Zealand or Great Britain the other night too, if they played and Qld was as motivated.

Last edited:
Another poor bitter Newsouthwelshmen who lost money on the game. :D

Test Rugby League is generally of a lower standard than State of Origin due to England and New Zealand usually only having a chance when Australia get complacent or are able to niggle and put Australia off their game.

England and New Zealand are probably State of Origin level teams. Its just the history of State of Origin makes it more intense as players go that bit further.

Qld would have put a Cricket score on New Zealand or Great Britain the other night too, if they played and Qld was as motivated.
Kiwis hold world cup and four nations .. in the past I would have agreed now... Not so much

"Niggles, Grub Acts & All In Melees From Game 3 (State Of Origin - 2015)"

Heres that article [MENTION=7738]Timeah[/MENTION] was referring to previously.

"What did Johnathan Thurston really say to Mitchell Pearce in the closing stages of Origin III, in response to the Blues No.6 calling JT "old"?

Speaking on Triple M Brisbane over the weekend, Maroons assistant coach Kevin Walters recounted: "What he said to him was 'You're the worst halfback NSW have ever seen at Origin level' and he said 'If you want to touch the shield, your best chance is to go up and touch the Wally Lewis statue out the front of the stadium'. "He said 'I'll take the picture, that will be the closest you get to the shield in your lifetime'."

1436681995351.jpg

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ell-pearce-20150712-giagqi.html#ixzz3fjTpACJB

One of the great Origin games of all time. In the mud and bog of the SCG. Steve "turvey" Mortimer's first game for NSW I think. Watch for the second tackle of the match where NSW players were ordered to fight and watch for the Greg Dowling slips catch to score. A legendary game.

Wow. The game has changed so much.
Thought i was watching a different sport there for a second.
A kick on the 1st...then 3rd tackles. Brilliant!

Ahh, The King. He had it all:
Speed (Kelvin Giles former Broncos Trainer and Trainer of Australian & England Sprinters said Lewis could have been an Olympic 400m runner no worries),
Strength (not until Freddie Fitler came along did a five-eight match Lewis for size),
Skills (he could pass, he could kick, he could step, he could tackle),
He could read and control a game, a great leader and General who was also old school tough! Let us pay homage!

Last edited:
He also played Australian schoolboys in rugby union as well as league.
I think he's one of the better commentators going around too.

Shits me when they comopare Lockyer to The King. He had nothing on Wally....esp in defence. Wally hit harder than most forwards, Lockyer missed more tackles then he made.

Shits me when they comopare Lockyer to The King. He had nothing on Wally....esp in defence. Wally hit harder than most forwards, Lockyer missed more tackles then he made.

Lockyer always had a bodyguard in defence. Firstly Tonie Carrol then Justin Hodges.

Big Mal aka Chicken George aka Captain Courageous.

Bradley Clyde wrote of Mal in his autobiography "he looked life in the eyes and dared it to throw the worst it possibly could at him, and didn't buckle when it did!"

Big Artie Beetson. He threw the first punch in State of Origin, well prolly not the first. One of those dirty Blues threw the first. Todays athletes live off lean meats, chicken, fish and tofu, Artie lived off Meat Pies.

R.I.P. Big Artie.