• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
bear in mind i barely trained high bar.i would play around with westside method and do variations like high bar paused beltless for singles but usually i just stuck to low bar mostly.

Perfect article for squat for beginners. I am also training very hard for my legs but only 2 days in a week and keep increasing weights by 5 lbs every reps. I can feel pain but I think I need little more strength to push for limits. Do I need to take any supplement? I am still not taking any supplement and basically depending on my diet only but I think SARMs are good to try.

Perfect article for squat for beginners. I am also training very hard for my legs but only 2 days in a week and keep increasing weights by 5 lbs every reps. I can feel pain but I think I need little more strength to push for limits. Do I need to take any supplement? I am still not taking any supplement and basically depending on my diet only but I think SARMs are good to try.

No you don't need any supplements. Your already making gains so just be happy with that and save your money.

More food with high protein. No expert but the roid guys I talk to think sarms are a scam.

Protein won't do much if anything for strength. Most people get more than enough protein in their diets. For strength you want carbs, fat, salt and electrolytes. Quickest way to increase strength is to increase calories, its proven time and time again. And the quickest way to increase calories is to increase carbs, fat and salt.

Some companys/lone soldiers are selling fake sarms whereby they put AAS or PHs in them and move them as sarms. Apart from these Kunts, sarms are real and they do exist.

Massive leg muscles.

Olympic speed skaters have massive legs; even smaller skaters do. Why is this so as they appear not to lift weight during their events? I think I have this solved now after noting that the skaters pull 2.5Gs in the turns. At my weight that would be 500lbs of load on the legs in turning. That load, however, is largely eccentric (negative or downward and resisted).

So, they are weight lifting after all; they are resisting negative load, one leg at a time. I would have a 500lb eccentric load on each leg if I could skate as fast as they do. What thighs I would have.

The other question is: why is their upper body so muscular since that would seem to be almost dead weight. Of course, they do a vigorous arm pump in starting, but then they place their arms behind them in a stationary pose. That upper body musculature would appear to be the result of systemic growth signaling from their leg muscles.

MGF and IGF flood the leg muscle cells from their intense activity and stem cells migrate and fuse into muscle cells. AKT is released by mechanical stress on muscle cells (through mTOR) -- yes mechanical stress induces protein synthesis. These growth factors and stem cells enter the blood stream and induce growth of other muscles through circulation, they also rescue or heal damaged organs such as the liver. There are other systemic signals delivered by the endocrine system and the sympathetic nervous system; for example, you induce proteostasis in your brain and other organs. That is why old time body builders tell you that you will get bigger lats or biceps from doing heavy squats; they did not know about systemic signaling, but they were empiricists and learned through trial and error and so discovered systemic signaling before it was understood in biology.

Massive leg muscles.

Olympic speed skaters have massive legs; even smaller skaters do. Why is this so as they appear not to lift weight during their events? I think I have this solved now after noting that the skaters pull 2.5Gs in the turns. At my weight that would be 500lbs of load on the legs in turning. That load, however, is largely eccentric (negative or downward and resisted).

So, they are weight lifting after all; they are resisting negative load, one leg at a time. I would have a 500lb eccentric load on each leg if I could skate as fast as they do. What thighs I would have.

The other question is: why is their upper body so muscular since that would seem to be almost dead weight. Of course, they do a vigorous arm pump in starting, but then they place their arms behind them in a stationary pose. That upper body musculature would appear to be the result of systemic growth signaling from their leg muscles.

MGF and IGF flood the leg muscle cells from their intense activity and stem cells migrate and fuse into muscle cells. AKT is released by mechanical stress on muscle cells (through mTOR) -- yes mechanical stress induces protein synthesis. These growth factors and stem cells enter the blood stream and induce growth of other muscles through circulation, they also rescue or heal damaged organs such as the liver. There are other systemic signals delivered by the endocrine system and the sympathetic nervous system; for example, you induce proteostasis in your brain and other organs. That is why old time body builders tell you that you will get bigger lats or biceps from doing heavy squats; they did not know about systemic signaling, but they were empiricists and learned through trial and error and so discovered systemic signaling before it was understood in biology.

Cyclists legs are as big as speed skaters, yet their arms are pencil thin. Why?

Aren't Skiers and Skaters generally short arses - low centres of gravity.

It'd pay to have less upper body mass/weight for maneuvering wouldn't it?

The majority aren’t “pencil thin” standing next to you they’d possibly be the same size, but you miss my point.

Errrrr, yes they are pencil thin. And no way I have arms that thin. So what is the answer?

Errrrr, yes they are pencil thin. And no way I have arms that thin. So what is the answer?

Are you talking about sprint cycle?

if so then all things being equal their upper body development is significant, their focus on upper body development or bodybuilding would be minimal to nothing their focus whether right or wrong is on producing power to move the bike.

I have a question for, why do you think dudes like this excell in their respective sports?

you have this bodybuilding mentality, it’s not the focus of a cyclist to waste time doing exercise to increase their upper body, however their upper body has developed (to a point) because of the work and load placed on their lower body (big large muscles.

having said that, if they chose to bodybuild their upper body, they’d probably find they’d they’d get bigger very quickly, but the added muscle Tissue would be counter productive.

Are you talking about sprint cycle?

if so then all things being equal their upper body development is significant, their focus on upper body development or bodybuilding would be minimal to nothing their focus whether right or wrong is on producing power to move the bike.

I have a question for, why do you think dudes like this excell in their respective sports?

you have this bodybuilding mentality, it’s not the focus of a cyclist to waste time doing exercise to increase their upper body, however their upper body has developed (to a point) because of the work and load placed on their lower body (big large muscles.

having said that, if they chose to bodybuild their upper body, they’d probably find they’d they’d get bigger very quickly, but the added muscle Tissue would be counter productive.

i meant road cyclists
my point is
they train what they need for the discipline
what they train grows

interesting thread...

I hate squatting. haha. but my best squat in the gym is 200kg...using the high bar position. I cant squat low bar without eventually getting issues with QL. Despite ALOT of effort and time spent trying to rectify the issue....fuck it. Switched permanently to high bar and went from 180 - 200 in a few months haha. Weighed 100kg that day. An ongoing hip flexor issue has prevented further progress LOL. Mostly my fault. That combined with an EPIC fuck tonne of stress this past 12 months has meant basically a 12 month stall...

also, there is No pressure on my neck, you are not meant to carry THAT high haha.

quickest way for myself to increase my squat strength is a DUP style setup squatting 3 or more times a week...perfectly doable for anyone sensible enough to set it up right.