• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
could tell 2 minutes into the fight that silva wasn't really in much danger.. diaz was being moved around and controlled too easily when they were in close, so he had no chance of getting his volume off

Silva copied Condits method of beating Diaz, Tag and Run, although Diaz seem a bit more reserved with his combos than usual, Fuck Diaz in round one was funny walking back to the fence like Silva did to Bonner

I liked the fight. Silva would circle and pick his openings, then stand in the pocket and trade with Diaz like two schoolboys, albeit two highly skilled schoolboys.

Lol at Nick and Nate Diaz's "we was robbed" body language after the verdict. You reckon those two aren't slightly punch drunk. I know they're from the hood and all but Nate is hard to understand at times when he talks and Nick's style makes him take a lot of shots which he would also have to do in training to be that proficient at Boxing.

I liked the fight. Silva would circle and pick his openings, then stand in the pocket and trade with Diaz like two schoolboys, albeit two highly skilled schoolboys.

Lol at Nick and Nate Diaz's "we was robbed" body language after the verdict. You reckon those two aren't slightly punch drunk. I know they're from the hood and all but Nate is hard to understand at times when he talks and Nick's style makes him take a lot of shots which he would also have to do in training to be that proficient at Boxing.

I think in there heads they are being the aggressors always pressing forward so it prob feels like they are winning when in fact they are not scoring points, I love watching the Diaz brothers fight, when they are motivated there style is so entertaining, Nick was awesome in strikeforce

I think in there heads they are being the aggressors always pressing forward so it prob feels like they are winning when in fact they are not scoring points, I love watching the Diaz brothers fight, when they are motivated there style is so entertaining, Nick was awesome in strikeforce

+1
couldn't agree more

l'll be streaming it at work fo sho...

l think Mir is on the longest losing streak in UFC history iirc... Steve Cantwell got 3 or 4 in a row but Mir could make it 5 on the trot... It'll be interesting to see how Bigfoot goes without TRT as he's one of the only guys who actually needed it.

Barboza vs JOhnson will be a nice fight an a FOTN contender.

The Rustam fight could be nice in patches as from what l've seen from Martins he isn't the most capable fight grappling wise. There about the only 3 fights l'm interested in though...

Who you got Mackie?

I keep changing back and forth tbh. Mir has to get back in the win column soon or he will end up getting cut. Bigfoot has been in some wars namely that one vs Mark Hunt but as you say things are different when not on TRT.

Probably looking forward to the co main just as much. FOTN contender for sure.

Good afternoon of viewing ahead. If I can't stream from work.....

Agreed, he's fallen into the Big Nog category where everyone wants to see them go out on a win but it's getting harder and harder now. l can't really see him beating Bigfoot unless non TRT Bigfoot is a shell of his former self which is likely purely judging on how flat he looked at the weigh ins. Wouldn't mind seeing Mir go out on a submission win.

...Well that was unexpected. He could take bombs from Overeem and Marku Huntu but a Mir hook puts him down. l guess it is where you get hit and all that but still, seems a little odd. Maybe Bigfoot is going to have one of the worse lapses post TRT...

Edit - l wonder if Bigfoot will start lacktating (spelling?) again now he's off TRT as well. Seems like an effective weight cut strategy.

Last edited:
Not sure how that came about or who the other guy was but that's the reason why people should not shoot their mouths off at MMA fighters. In the old days it was OK to talk shit to Traditional Martial Artists (ie. Karate, Tae Kwon Do etc) coz a lot of them had massive holes in their fighting. MMA fighters still aren't complete fighters but best not to shoot your mouth off at one, or one with higher level of skills.

Didn't they learn last time when Elite XC (was it even them?) tried to book that... Ken will get hurt than Petruzzeli will come in and jab the promotion into shutting it's doors... This wasn't going to be interesting 5ish years ago let alone now...

l'll take Kimbo via a left jab and right straight that barely lands and Ken will get floored in Bob Sapp fashion...

Where you think he will end up?

Not sure, but you'd think it'd take him a long time to get back good enough for Pro MMA???

From that article link I posted: "UFC heavyweight Frank Mir, who split his two fights with Lesnar, is already talking up a potential rubber match if Lesnar returns to MMA.“I think I would crush (Lesnar) standing up now,” Mir told The Fight Corner. “I think that on the ground and stuff, I’ve worked with (2x FILA World Champion) Ricky Lundell and stuff a lot and learned how to nullify the wrestling. I wrestled three rounds with Daniel Cormier who’s an Olympic level wrestler and he had a difficult time taking me down. I think that Lesnar would really have to throw caution to the wind and really rush through and I don’t think that he’s gotten any better at wanting to take punches.”

Brock Lesnar won't like that!!! :D