• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
I've been trying a few different brands this year. I'm looking for a protein that's high quality, but I can also sip on at work mid morning. So needs to taste good and have a good texture. Max's has set the bench mark for this as their powders all taste amazing, but I was seeing what else out there comes close.

Optimum Nutrition WPI/WPC
Pretty decent value for money and is mostly WPI. Comes in 16 flavours. Easy to digest with no bloating. It's a little too thin for my liking and the flavours could be a bit stronger.

Dymatize Hydrolysed WPI
Zero sugar, zero carb, zero fat, lactose free, pure hydrolysed WPI. The powder is thick and full of flavour, and plenty of flavours. Best digesting powder I've had. Really it's the best protein powder out there; it's pretty much perfect. It's just expensive. 2.3kg will cost $140.

Muscle Pharm Combat WPC/WPI
A a bit of a cheap mass produced powder. Plenty of flavours and they taste great, but it's mostly WPC and I had problems digesting it. A bit expensive for a low quality protein powder.

Balance WPC/WPI
An Australian brand very similar to Muscle Pharm and their protein. Mostly WPC in a WPC/WPI blend. The protein did digest easily and is priced quite well, but the flavours were very bland.

MTS Machine Whey
I finally tried MTS whey, seeing there's a lot of hype around it. They have 9 flavours and all look delicious. I've been put off buying some as the price jumped from $90 to $110 for a 2.3kg tub, due to the Aus dollar increase. I have to say I'm pretty impressed by it. No digesting issues, even though it's a WPC/WPI blend. The flavours are on point; and it's thick and creamy in water. I would rate is up there as being on par with the Max's powders. But with it's current price, it's more expensive than SuperWhey. So you're paying for the flavours really as the Max's flavours are pretty limited.

Last edited:
Sip on a protein shake? WTF for?
Mine are gone in under 5 seconds

If you have digesting issues with WPC or blends that are higher in WPC, why not just get BN or TP WPI? I can't justify buying brand name powders anymore, would rather spend that cash on other supps ;)

I have a morning protein shake at work every day. It replaces a coffee and it gets me through until lunch.

BN is next on my list to try. Their prices are great, but as others have said, their flavours don't seem very strong. How have you found them?

I find them alright but like I say, I just knock them back. I don't drink them to savour the flavour.
They don't thicken as much as the commercial powders so I use less water. 2 scoops in about 300ml of water.

Nah, I'm all over that stuff, like white on rice. I just don't know what all that chit Jungnaut is taking. So many 'mood enhancer's', you'd think he's got manopause or something.

I'm looking for a protein that's high quality, but I can also sip on at work mid morning.

FCikiwu.gif

Strewth, I devised that stack thru trial and error I'll have you know. And I only go the full whammy for training days. Oops that means 6 days a week lmao.

But honestly, what it boils down to is that half of it is ginseng (siberian - Rhodiola, indian - Ashwagandha), the rest are noots with a bit of BCAA thrown in.

In conclusion it makes me smart, happy, and horny. Who doesn't want that! Whoa, I haven't even started the fully sick get massive bro stack [MENTION=16378]StrungOut[/MENTION]; what the fark is that, hook a bro up would ya!! :eek:

Can somebody post a link or give a quick run down on the protein powder shit storm referred to in the OP. I've been away for a while

Can somebody post a link or give a quick run down on the protein powder shit storm referred to in the OP. I've been away for a while
I'd imagine Sherk was talking about No Bull supps but he'd be the man to clarify

There's still a lot of mainstream US brands that are underdosed as well. Thankfully a lot of them are seeking third party certification

I know its old news but......

http://But third-party tests, attac... have the same benefits as complete proteins.

"Companies whose products were tested and subsequently sued include but are not limited to: Giant Sports, MusclePharm, CVS Health, 4 Dimension Nutrition, NBTY and Inner Armour.

For instance, test results showed “Giant Delicious Protein Blend” made by privately held Giant Sports contains only 12 grams of the 27 grams of “High Quality Protein” it advertises, only 44% of the stated amount. Instead, the powdered blend is loaded with leucine, isoleucine, valine, glycine, betaine, taurine and creatine monohydrate. Moreover, glycine is not included on the label nor the ingredient list, which would make it a misbranded product and illegal to sell according to Food and Drug Administration rules. None of these substances is harmful — creatine monohydrate on its own is perhaps the most popular workout supplement behind protein — but neither are they what customers are paying for."

Bottom line: most of what you are buying from overseas sources are watered down with aminos or, like Ultimate Nutrition, watered down with cheaper WPC and Caseine.

Bulk Nutrients may not have strong flavours that a 5 year old may demand, but they taste good, are pure protein and work as stated.

On his radio podcast last year Dave Palumbo was complaining that there was no way he could compete on price with people like Gaspari, and others, and could not figure out how they could do it, just based on pure maths/costs of raw materials. Then he found out about the law suit and it all came clear. Maybe dave should have been adding skim milk powder to his WPI. No bull.

ON Gold Standard Pre Workout
Hemavol
Bulk Nutrients WPI - chocolate & coffee
Cheap multi vitamin & fish oil