• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
ohhhh I havent looked in this thread for ages... its now like a comp thingy hahah. come on surely theres some skinny fit dudes on here who can beat my time... depending on how much energy I have left after stickys comp on saturday I might do it at the end and try beat 7.48 should be able to with a bit of encouragement .

Last edited:
Thanks.

9:14 will be tough, I don't know how I can get any quicker!

Spitzy, the answer to your question is very easy indeed since there is only one way as I see it. But before I tell you what it is. I would have to admit that although the answer to your request is easy, achieving it would require some mighty mental determination from you. Ready?

The way to achieve it is by reducing the amount of rest time by few seconds divided by how ever many sets you've done to achieve your current time. See, I told you it was easy and I reckon if you calculate it properly before you give it a shot, you may just surprise yourself...and all of us here.

I'd suggest getting a good mate involved when you wish to give this a shot Champion.

All heart and mind power and endurance to you Sir.

Fadi.

My first attempt at this, I didn't think I would get under half an hour so I just looked at my watch. I was surprised to finish 100 in about 14 minutes. I didn't look at the seconds.

I did 2 sets of 15 to start, then sets of 10 up to 100. After about 60, I was pretty stuffed, the last 2 sets though I really pushed for a solid high jump. I sweat up a storm.

Trying this again on Tuesday.

what time of the day do you guys attempt the burpees challenge? ive normally done it at around 3-5 in the afternoon but im considering doing it early morning before work as a bit of extra cardio, not sure how i'll go on an empty stomach and half asleep though

Hmm I've been really slack. Now that footy has started up again I'm going to have to give this another try. Nearly died at the first pre-season session for the year!

Just had my first crack at this tonight.

I haven't done any cardio work for weeks so the plan was to do about 3 sets of 12-15 and maybe hit 100 next time. I got all 100 tonight and just quietly there may well not be a next time.

That shit was hard! My legs are still like jelly. I did sets of 25,20,20,20,15 with massive heavy breathing in between. I managed 11:42.

I'm treating this exercise like a condom, apply it once and discard permanently.

I'm going to give this another shot in the morning. Hoping to better 14 minutes. I will try use a proper stopwatch this time to get an accurate time.

Thinking of starting this sometime as a break from tennis. I have done some burpees and they were okay, but i think the push up will kill me.

Awesome. Ah, and it's a lot more effective than what you've just mentioned :D!

Well done Tiger.

Fadi.

Thanks for that Fadi, but I think there may be some adjustment required.

I didn't realise there was a leader board on page 1. I haven't read this thread through before, only the last page or so. Seems I haven't been doing them properly.

I did them the way I saw on a YouTube clip about a year ago. Person jumps down into a sprinter's start position, kicks the legs fully out behind them, then springs up and does a big leap before repeating. So there was no push-up involved in the version I learned. Shiiiiiiiiit, if I was to do it that way there would be ambulances involved.

Please wipe me from the board. How embarrassment!

Fadi,

Thanks for the tips! Got 9:24 today. Thought I was going to smash 9 mins but slowed down a fair bit at the end. I'm confident I'll get it next time.

Broke it up into 3x30 sets with a 1x10 at the end with as little rest in between as possible, it was around 15-20 secs.

Please wipe me from the board. How embarrassment!
No need for any embarrassment here DKD. You did very well indeed. Big deal, just give it another shot at your own good time my Man! I can't even do them anymore due to my shoulder injury so you're way ahead based on that fact alone Sir. You should be proud, and I'll be waiting for another score coming from your way when you're ready okay!

Fadi.

Fadi,

Thanks for the tips! Got 9:24 today. Thought I was going to smash 9 mins but slowed down a fair bit at the end. I'm confident I'll get it next time.

Broke it up into 3x30 sets with a 1x10 at the end with as little rest in between as possible, it was around 15-20 secs.

Spitzy you rock Sir, plain and simple! Here's another tip for you: let your progress be measured over a period of (say) three months or so instead of 3 weeks. Burpees (as you already know) are not for the weak of heart, mind, and spirit. It's one hell of a movement that truly separates the man from the boys and at times makes the toughest of us cry. But I have to say plainly here, that this exercise is the best exercise that not many do due to the effect it has on our mental state as well as physical state.

Next time someone challenges you to do anything, anything at all; ask them if they'd be willing to engage in some friendly competition of burpees. I bet after that they would call you nothing but Lord Spitzy!

PS: Awesome avatar!

Fadi.