• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Fadi

Warning! This may become addictive due to an explosive release of endorphin. You’ve been warned. Also, insure that you have a good heart that is free from any medical relating issues before attempting such an extremely vigorous activity as the burpees. Perform the burpees at your own pace (and not someone else's).

[youtube]W5oXadjFAlQ[/youtube]

How long would it take you to complete 100 burpees? That’s the question and the challenge. Set it up as you like, for example you might like to do sets of 10 with a 30 seconds break etc. Whatever will help you complete the 100 properly done burpees. I advise you to place something soft underneath your wrist or to even strap them up, until you develop enough strength in that area. All the best.

Please, if you have a more “fun” way in getting into shape and loosing some unwanted fat whilst speeding up your metabolism; then let’s have it. If you already have a fast metabolism and do not wish to speed it up even more or are not willing to eat a substantially more amount of food, then do not do this because you WILL loose weight guaranteed.

Please note that a good antioxidant is paramount with this type of training due to the huge volume of oxygen intake and cell oxidation. So please, for starters, lets have some vitamin C & E ready. Green and white tea are amazing, also roobios tea if you like. These teas are full pact with polyphenol antioxidants, including flavonoids which are very powerful indeed.

Fadi.

Under 10 minutes cheetahs

ride29er.....................5:26
High Road...................7:06
jimmyrut....................7:35
180sx kid...................7:48
jzpowahz.....................7:49
PRISON MIKE..............7:57
LMD1234....................8:00
Paddy.........................8:50
gareer........................9:14
Steve.........................9:23
Spitzy........................9:24
RedDog......................9:24
Wolf..........................9:27
Smithenberry...............9:33
Mikasadan..................9:38
FST99.......................9:40
LAandE......................9:48

-----------------------------------------------

Over 10 minutes Tigers

Mickdog.....................10.32.30
Stralian.....................10:34
legalattorney..............10:40
beertank23.................10:50
Broncs.......................10:55
Rev...........................11:17
the nev......................11:56
Mike367.....................12:15
Gaucheharbor.............12:21
Hyjak.........................12:48
jetzz..........................14:02
Nick..........................14:16
Solitaire.....................14:22
Whitey182...................14:32
Petesh.......................14:37
Alex..........................14:45
327hj.........................14:45
vovo.........................12:47
JRich.........................15:40
Fadi......................... 15:52
Eaglebay....................16:31
Dancelot....................16:48
Bobo.........................16:49
ozzy..........................18:00
GUZZLA.....................18:10
Whitefox....................18:16
Hyjak........................18:28
D1cko.......................19:20
JaseFit.......................20:10
Yeeons......................23:52 down from 26:51---> 21:36 (well done)!

Last edited:
Did my first ever burpee just over a week ago.

It was suicide rounds, burpees/pull ups alternating.
So it goes like this:

Every minute start a new round.
Round 1 - 1 burpee then 1 pull up.
Round 2 - 1 burpee then 1 pull up then 1 burpee then 1 pull up.
Round 3 - 1 bp then 1 pu then 1bp then 1 pu then 1 bp then 1 pu.
Round 4 - etc, etc.

It gets real tough at the end when you're not getting much rest between sets.
I only got to 8, but could have gone 9.
Got the 8bp and 8pu done in 30 sec, but had alot of KFC that day and was not feeling too good, so didn't attempt the 9th round, pull ups were getting hard at that stage too.

100 burpees by themselves, easy....
What time can you do Fadi?

For some crazy reason I am thinking of doing this while I'm on the road. There are a couple of nights I won't be able to hit the gym (only one gym in Inverell and it closes early), so this is something I can do in the hotel room- that way no one will see me cry in burpee agony.

Kyle in on the money. SAS, SWAT, MARINES, and all the elite of the elite forces do this mighty exercise. It sure separates the men from the boys.

For some crazy reason I am thinking of doing this while I'm on the road. There are a couple of nights I won't be able to hit the gym (only one gym in Inverell and it closes early), so this is something I can do in the hotel room- that way no one will see me cry in burpee agony.

Bree, there's nothing crazy about your idea, it's absolutely great in fact. Burpees will work nearly all your muscles as well as the cardiovascular system (as if you didn't know). I did 100 the other day and my latissimus dorsi muscles were pumped for days. As you know the push up is thought of as a mainly chest/front delt/tricep exercise, but no one ever mentions the stabilising role your back muscles play in controlling your decent to the floor.

Your idea is awesome dynamite, so go ahead and cry a little.

Fadi.

We used to do these at football training, they used to give my back hell, I used to believe that burpees were bad for one's back, but not after weight training and strengthening the back, i must say I have changed my tune, I am a fan of the burpee now.

Kyle in on the money. SAS, SWAT, MARINES, and all the elite of the elite forces do this mighty exercise. It sure separates the men from the boys.
Regular soldiers do it, too. It's part of keeping soldiers tired and obedient. Part of the general hassle of army life.

Reminds me of the "boot camp" training so popular nowadays. Why would I pay someone to yell at me?

Strange stuff. I'll stick to my bicycle, running shoes, barbell and plates :)

i gave it ago awhile back. Failed miserably. :D
Seems like basketball practice all over again doing the beep test

Good on you Solitaire. I love your enthusiasm already young lady.

I did it as a present for my birthday from me to Fadi. The 44 year old man did it in 15:52 for the first time in his life.

I challenged myself to a maximum number of burpees in one minute flat and it went like this.

First time ever....18

The second time few days after I'd done my 100, I managed 21. Now your job is to knock me off my pedestal Solitaire and see if you can do 22 in 60 seconds flat. Have someone time you and make sure you do it properly with a full jump and a full push up, deal?

Katie........................ 12:58
Solitaire.................... 14:22
Fadi......................... 15:52

Last edited:
I tried this this morning before work. I thought I'd be done in 10 minutes or so. At 8 minutes I was upto 50 and running out of time. So I stopped. My technique was getting better though so I think I probably could have done 100 in 16 - 17 minutes or so.

Not the least bit impressive. I was pretty shocked with how much it took it out of me. The last time I did burpees was about 7 years ago in high school and I was about 25kg lighter and very fit. I remembered them being quite easy, not so. However I did do squats, front squats and power cleans last night so legs were already fatigued.

I tried these too, however I find that the burpees with the pushup variation are a KILLER!! Would it be ok to modify the burpees to the straight arm version ie. no pushup.... Because I can barely do 10 pushup-burpees!

Regular soldiers do it, too. It's part of keeping soldiers tired and obedient. Part of the general hassle of army life.

Reminds me of the "boot camp" training so popular nowadays. Why would I pay someone to yell at me?

Strange stuff. I'll stick to my bicycle, running shoes, barbell and plates :)

One of my coaches was an army...something or other... and he made us do burpee's like they were going out of fashion! - yelling just like boot camp! Hated it! It did make us fit though! So were u/ are u in the army Kyle Aaron?

ALLLSOOO! I came back on here to say I JUST DID it!!!!!!
Having trouble typing now though. I'm shaking. Did it in 14.22. I dare say I wont be able to walk tomorrow:(...and I have a nice bruise across my knuckles from doing them too close to our pool table :D Smacked it on the way up in one :p
I don't know how I used to do so many so easily. I'm lacking in fitness SO MUCH. Started with 10 burpees/ 30 sec rest...but that rest got longer by the end - i was puffing!

I showed my sister the vid 1st & told her that if mine didn't look like his I was cheating - any that didnt count i had to re-do.

Might try and do this every now and then to see if I can beat my score? Sure felt like more than a 1.5k run!

And Fadi...I haven't tried doing as many as I can in 1 minute yet. I tried to pace myself for the 100 challenge! Thats another torture...i mean challenge:rolleyes:...for another day!!

Wow Solitaire!! Go you :) Looks like all that gym training has made you mighty fit.

Fine - maybe I will do them the hard way after all - no matter how long it takes me!!

Good on you Mark, Katie, and Solitaire.

Katie do them, just do them the way you feel comfortable and try for the 100 just once with however many breaks it takes you. The 100 are not an everyday thing unless your aim is to lose plenty of bodyweight by revving up your metabolism beyond revving!

Give the 1 minute burpees a go though, your heart will thank you for it; I will too.

Solitaire, well done. You must be a fit dynamite of a woman.

Fadi.

And the day after.....OUUUCH!!!

All my lower back muscles & my calves are killing me :p Good pain though.
Todays workout should be interesting!

If it'll make you feel any better Solitaire, my lats were in OUUUCH!!! land for 1 whole week. That's one kick up the bum from a body that is craving some serious fitness.

Fadi.

I did this today! Started with 10 burpees and then rest - which dropped down to 5 burpees and rest shortly after...

Did 50 in 5:15 and finished the 100 in 12:58. A definite slowing down in the last half!