• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
Jay, you can cook with whey but really need to observe some rules - whey absorbs moisture like a sponge and will make baked goods dry and rubbery. Like eating tyres. A waste of expensive whey. I sometimes bake with it but add in sufficient soft/moist ingredients to keep the texture great.
Good things to use are banana, fruit purees, sweet potato or pumpkin, pureed cooked cauliflower, cottage/ricotta cheese, that sort of thing.

Whey would not work well in the jaffa cookies as they need something that is a good sub for flour. Rice protein is great for that.

The whey might work in some brownie recipes, so long as there is enough moist ingredients and don't over cook.
Choc mint is OK if you like choc mint brownies? Just don't add other flavourings. What brownie recipe were you contemplating?

I love chocolate mint anything :p I was thinking of using the Mexican protein ones.

That's actually been mostly what I've read about cooking with whey, so I only stir it into hot stuff if I need it. Tends to be ok then. Never actually cooked with it, though.

Might have to put it off for a while though, just got confirmation that I'm getting surgery on Monday. No brownies for a week or two *sadpandaface*

I love chocolate mint anything :p I was thinking of using the Mexican protein ones.

That's actually been mostly what I've read about cooking with whey, so I only stir it into hot stuff if I need it. Tends to be ok then. Never actually cooked with it, though.

Might have to put it off for a while though, just got confirmation that I'm getting surgery on Monday. No brownies for a week or two *sadpandaface*

just don't add the cinnamon, cayenne etc. Just make them choc mint instead of mexican.

I just spent my afternoon going through every single recipe from the first page.. oh my lawd CCM.. Seriously, I worship you.. I cant cook 'to save my life, and creativity is even lower than my cooking abilities!.. I get so overwhelmed by it all! I am just going to continue to sit here and drool and wish! :p

I just spent my afternoon going through every single recipe from the first page.. oh my lawd CCM.. Seriously, I worship you.. I cant cook 'to save my life, and creativity is even lower than my cooking abilities!.. I get so overwhelmed by it all! I am just going to continue to sit here and drool and wish! :p

thank you, sweetie :)

actually, I make sure the protein recipes are all pretty simple as I know a lot of people freak out at the thought of any complicated stuff to cook.

I keep the fancy schmancy techniques for my pastry cooking (just about to post up my salted caramel profiteroles tonight...ah I love making those :D)

I need to start being a bit more prolific with my blog. Got a bit of free time coming up over next month or two so will cram in some mega baking time!

my tip - jaffa cookies ....zomg even I am amazed by these!!!

thank you, sweetie :)

actually, I make sure the protein recipes are all pretty simple as I know a lot of people freak out at the thought of any complicated stuff to cook.

I keep the fancy schmancy techniques for my pastry cooking (just about to post up my salted caramel profiteroles tonight...ah I love making those :D)

I need to start being a bit more prolific with my blog. Got a bit of free time coming up over next month or two so will cram in some mega baking time!

my tip - jaffa cookies ....zomg even I am amazed by these!!!

Oh your recipes absolutely are simple compared to so many out there!.. But anything beyond 3 or 4 ingrediants and steps and I'm out.. I'm the girl who cooks my veggies (and well anything oven cooking) in cake tins because I own only the bare basic kitchen items! :p

Actually, can you list say 5 - 10 items (health conscious) that you ALWAYS have in your cupboard and most recipes generally are made of with the expecting of a specific extra ingrediants or two? :p

I'm honestly so proud of myself that I now have balsamic, fish sauce, soy sauce and a few little spices in my cupboard now! (this is a big step up for me! Haha!)

Oh your recipes absolutely are simple compared to so many out there!.. But anything beyond 3 or 4 ingrediants and steps and I'm out.. I'm the girl who cooks my veggies (and well anything oven cooking) in cake tins because I own only the bare basic kitchen items! :p

Actually, can you list say 5 - 10 items (health conscious) that you ALWAYS have in your cupboard and most recipes generally are made of with the expecting of a specific extra ingrediants or two? :p

I'm honestly so proud of myself that I now have balsamic, fish sauce, soy sauce and a few little spices in my cupboard now! (this is a big step up for me! Haha!)

Hey Tara,
I don't have 5-10 items that I would use for MOST recipes as I cook such a variety of foods and styles, that it would be almost impossible for me!
BUT there are some things that I would never be without (healthy stuff) in my pantry.
These include the following at least ...

Savoury pantry items:

• extra virgin olive oil
  • lemons
  • balsamic/vincotto vinegar
  • good quality tuna in evoo (Calippo and Cuca brands only)
  • organic tinned Italian tomatoes
  • a range of spices and hot chillies (love my chilli!!!)
  • mirin and tamari
  • fresh ginger
  • fresh garlic
  • fresh herbs - parsley all year round + summer herbs (in my garden)
Sweet pantry items:

• organic vanilla (Professional Whey) and vanilla bean paste/beans
  • cinnamon
  • 0% fat Greek yoghurt
  • frozen berries
  • stevia extract (PW) and Natvia stevia blend (Coles/Woolies)
  • almonds, cashews, peanuts, walnuts, macadamias
  • my favourite 70% / 85% / 100% chocolate
  • raw cacao
  • oat flour
Protein Powders (mostly because I use them for cooking etc)

• rice and pea proten isolate
  • WPI and Micellar Casein
I also always have

• rolled oats
  • psyllium
  • flaxseed meal
  • coconut oil and coconut sugar (used sparingly)
  • maple syrup (used sparingly)
I hope this helps :)

I missed this post last night! Thank you so much CCM!.. I'm browsing around on imsugarfree.com.au - wow, theres soooo many "diet friendly" products, although I have to be honest, the amount of all the unpronouncable ingrediants in all these "healthier" options makes me wonder :p

I'm going to stock up on some of the stuff in your above list though! Thank you! :D

I missed this post last night! Thank you so much CCM!.. I'm browsing around on imsugarfree.com.au - wow, theres soooo many "diet friendly" products, although I have to be honest, the amount of all the unpronouncable ingrediants in all these "healthier" options makes me wonder :p

I'm going to stock up on some of the stuff in your above list though! Thank you! :D

Beware of sugar free foods
They're generally processed
I make my own and sweeten with fruit and stevia
Cinnamon or a pinch of salt also good in sugarless treats!

Beware of sugar free foods
They're generally processed
I make my own and sweeten with fruit and stevia
Cinnamon or a pinch of salt also good in sugarless treats!

Agreed, thats what i'm noticing on all these "diet friendly" options, the ingrediants list is insane! Think i'll just stick to stalking you and J and attempting your recipes! Much kinder on my sensitive tummy too! :)

Agreed, thats what i'm noticing on all these "diet friendly" options, the ingrediants list is insane! Think i'll just stick to stalking you and J and attempting your recipes! Much kinder on my sensitive tummy too! :)

If eating healthy is a factor, consider choices when using recipes.
If a recipe calls for SF maple syrup, just use a little of the real stuff. From a health perspective, it's better for you, you are happy and satisfied and a little makes barely a difference to macros.

But yes, much better for the tummy, that's my big issue too.
Stupid fructose/fructan intolerance... :mad:

Recipe: Berry banana protein dessert cake

new recipe for a Berry Banana Protein Dessert Cake.

Really moist, more like dessert than cake .. great with icecream, yoghurt, cream, whatever ... add some melted chocolate on top....

berries, banana and lemon.

gluten and dairy free and no refined sugars.
great macros too.

recipe link: Berry Banana Protein Cake | Chocolate Chilli Mango

292708_487312441293489_1084678882_n.jpg

Damn you, CCM, you just made me lick my screen!!!!

I'm going to knock this bad-boy up before I drown in my own drool!!!

Damn you, CCM, you just made me lick my screen!!!!

I'm going to knock this bad-boy up before I drown in my own drool!!!

head over to the ice cream thread....I made the mint choc chunk one for you.... you even get a mention in my blog post :)

HAHA, I'm famous!!!

Going shopping this week and will get the ingredients. Will report back when done/full :)

good thing you posted this before I went shopping.

Though no pea protein , will try with wpi and frozen berries.

Haven't baked anything sweet for over 18 months (usually to fattening).

You don't have a good recipe for a good high protein bread pudding ?

shit about to have an expresso that'd go down a TREAT

Thought about opening your own shop? :)

Pea protein isolate.. well I never! Haven't heard of plant based isolates, crazy

Last edited:
good thing you posted this before I went shopping.

Though no pea protein , will try with wpi and frozen berries.

Haven't baked anything sweet for over 18 months (usually to fattening).

You don't have a good recipe for a good high protein bread pudding ?

I bake lots of stuff that isn't fattening :)
Never make break pudding so don't have a recipe. BUT you could make a protein bread and use that to make the protein pudding.
I have a few recipes (need to post more of them) and there are heaps on proteinpow.com as well.
I want to make a caramel + something protein bread.
Made a veggie one today but forgot to add the psyllium so structure wasn't quite right...but will redo and post. It was GOOD.

shit about to have an expresso that'd go down a TREAT

Thought about opening your own shop? :)

Pea protein isolate.. well I never! Haven't heard of plant based isolates, crazy

Yeah, I have ... not sure there is a market yet for the healthy stuff though. I'm torn between my love of traditional patisserie/chocolate making and doing the protein stuff. Love them both. Which way to go???

Pea and rice protein are really good. I find rice is a pretty good substitute for flour to give a cakey nice light texture and pea is good for denser stuff and savoury. Hemp protein is pretty good too.

I've started using more WPI + CASEIN in baking as I have found a 50:50 ratio of the two makes for decent baked goods. If you use just WPI it's quite drying. WPC is also drying as it's 80% WPI usually.
But 50:50 seems good

:)

Coffee Cinnamon Proughnuts with Salted Caramel Icing

Yep proughnuts. Doughnuts but with protein :)

This is the first protein doughnut recipe I've been working on. Without the icing, it's low carb as well as gluten and grain free (and can be dairy free too).
No refined sugars added either.

Will be posting another one soon that's lower in fat and kcals but higher in carbs. Still with extra protein, of course.

They're really good!! Big thumbs up here.

Not pretend baked doughnuts, these are the real deal.

macros in the recipe.

Recipe link: Coffee Cinnamon “Proughnuts” | Chocolate Chilli Mango

307984_493470010677732_1343592149_n.jpg
coffee-cinnamon-proughnuts_5671_wm_1x1.jpg