• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.

Reide

Head Slut Kuncet
Over the last week I've been going to the gym (most days) and working out (mainly weight machines such as the assisted pull up, leg press, seated row... etc) and when I get home I have my breakfast (typically a home made potato or pumpkin soup). After about half an hour after I've eaten I've crashed and fallen asleep. It's like I can't stay awake. Is this normal or am I maybe over working myself at the gym? My doms haven't been that bad this week excluding Wednesday.

Probably not enough food going in compared to the energy expenditure going out. Or it may be the after effects/crash of having stims/caffeine prior to training.
Try eating before training

1. How much sleep are you getting.
2. How much are you eating.
3. Carbs spikes can cause a tired feeling (carb coma).
4. Could be preworkout crash.
5. There is a good chance it isn't over-training as most people will never actually experience it

1. How much sleep are you getting.
2. How much are you eating.
3. Carbs spikes can cause a tired feeling (carb coma).
4. Could be preworkout crash.
5. There is a good chance it isn't over-training as most people will never actually experience it
1. on average from 5-7 hours according to my vitofit2
2. for breakfast I had 4 boiled potatos, with parsley, lemon pepper, fried onions and 4 cloves of garlic. For lunch 3 vegan burgers (vegie delights... probably not too healthy though) with garlic sauce, onions and parsley. I really like parsley. I haven't had dinner yet but I eat a lot.
3. Unfortunately I have a lot of carbs because I'm vegan. I used to be high car low fat but a few months ago I started reworking it. I eat a lot of potatoes and rices now. Can they still induce carb spikes? From what I've read they have a slow energy release compared to things like fruit.
4. I have been using a preworkout here and there but I don't always use it. In fact I pretty much never use it. (Greentea 50x) I do however always make hot chocolates in the morning.
5. That's good to hear.

I hardly even have touched it.
I was kidding.

What you're experiencing is normal for people relatively new to training. You're just burning off energy/glycogen and have low blood sugar levels. Are you consuming anything immediately after your workout?

I was kidding.

What you're experiencing is normal for people relatively new to training. You're just burning off energy/glycogen and have low blood sugar levels. Are you consuming anything immediately after your workout?
It's been a few months since I seriously started training. This has only been happening for about a week. I am a 24 minute walk from my gym according to google. When I get home I have a loving earth hot chocolate with coconut sugar and macadamia milk. I also boil vegetables and then blend them into a soup. That takes about 15-25 minutes depending on the vegetable. But I only have hot chocolate before the workout. The soup stuff tends to be the breakfast.