• Keep up to date with Ausbb via Twitter and Facebook. Please add us!
  • Join the Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

The Ausbb - Australian BodyBuilding forum is dedicated to no nonsense muscle and strength building. If you need advice that works, you have come to the right place. This forum focuses on building strength and muscle using the basics. You will also find that the Ausbb- Australian Bodybuilding Forum stresses encouragement and respect. Trolls and name calling are not allowed here. No matter what your personal goals are, you will be given effective advice that produces results.

Please consider registering. It takes 30 seconds, and will allow you to get the most out of the forum.
- Name Justin
- Age 21
- Gender M
- Location Newcastle
- Training experience (if you have any that is) 2 Years

I've Joined Ausbb, to help me with my transformation and gain as much knowledge as i can from the members here.

Hi everyone, have been reading / lurking for a while but would like to get more involved in discussions and I love learning, AUSBB seems great for this.

I'm 180 cm, 77kg and no idea about body fat, I put some pics on my log maybe someone could estimate for me????

- I'm 30 years old
- Male
- Canberra

Look forward to being part of the community :)

Hey Jimmy, good to see another Canberra boy on the forum. All the best for your training, I'm new myself and there are a great bunch of folk here for advice and a good laugh. Cheers, J

Hi thought i would introduce myself im a 33yr female from south australia i have developed an interest in body building and have only just started out so im very green.i have been attending our local gym for the past twelve months mainly for general fitness and cadrio and thought i might give weight training a go and see where it takes me.

Last edited:
Hey Guys and Girls,
Been spending the past day or two surfing the internet of everything supplement, nutrition, body-building and everything in between.
That brought me here, so I thought I'd sign up and say hey, and use it as a base for knowledge :)

I'm 20 and male, 21 soon, and started my fitness journey about 2 months ago after having enough.

Got a personal trainer, and had a huge overhaul of my diet and nutrition, and gained knowledge regarding nutrition and working out; and it definitely paid off two months later.

November 6th, Body Fat % : 23.7% , Weight : 87.9 kg
January 2nd, Body Fat % : 19.6 % , Weight : 77.0 kg
and yesterday, 2 months later, weighed in at exactly 77.0 kg and with 19.6% bodyfat!

Starting to get into nutrients and supplement knowledge, and just a general idea of where everywhere belongs;
as everything in the body building/fitness world can be a bit overwhelming.

I'm looking forward to be apart of all this!

- Name Justin
- Age 21
- Gender M
- Location Newcastle
- Training experience (if you have any that is) 2 Years

I've Joined Ausbb, to help me with my transformation and gain as much knowledge as i can from the members here.

Hi thought i would introduce myself im a 33yr female from south australia i have developed an interest in body building and have only just started out so im very green.i have been attending our local gym for the past twelve months mainly for general fitness and cadrio and thought i might give weight training a go and see where it takes me.

Welcome to Ausbb. :)

Hi all

Hello to everybody, my name is Brett.

I have trained on and off for a few years and I have finally decided to have a real go. I look forward to trying to pick up some pointers from you guys.

Name: Mike

Traning Experience: Started training when i was 19 after a few troubled years as a teenager and it turned out to be my shining light.

Started tall and skinny, then got big (126kg, approx.10% bf) and now due to injury limitations and family / work commitments i still have the mental drive to get to the gym but once i'm there i just have to adjust the physical workload to fit in with that balance.

Main training goal now is longevity and to maintain bodyweight between 105kg (summer) - 112kg (winter) to keep the waist trim and avoid injury.

And, believe it or not, keep learning. Read some great stuff here already, hence signing up to be part of it.

Outside Interests: I have a 7yo son so his interests are now becoming mine, swimming, footy, bike riding etc. and keeping him away from PS3, XBox etc.

Hey all, been checking out the site for awhile and decided to join in and get involved.
- Name:*Matt
- I joined for the wealth of knowledge and already read a few good articles from PTC and Fadi. I have trained on and off for a few years and want to find a balanced way where I can stay consistent.

Hey, I'm Ash from Perth. 24, female and recently started power lifting at Muscle Pit. This year I'm looking to lose about 30kg (108kg now) and have some good lifts in the comps :)

Name: Marcel

Experience: starting training a bit after i was 18, went to a local gym for nearly a year and didn't improve much. I was 6'2 65 kg and only gained 5 kg in one year.
since beginning of last year untill now i have started eating properly, supplementing with protein & fish oil, training full body 3x a week and i've gained 18kg. currently 87/89 kg 6'3

Welcome all Newbs!!

Ash good luck with your weightloss and Powerlifting :) getting a few muscle pit people's here now :)

Heya folks,

This is Jon from Canberra, male and 36.

Was consistently woking out 7 years ago but like everybody else, need to attend to much important commitments (work, family, etc)

Planning to set up a home gym soon and found this site =) Looks awesome!

Hi All ,

My name is Mark 45 from NSW Western Sydney .
I have been training off and on for the last 30 years nothing real serious just love lifting weights and listening to new advice as they say your never to old to learn something new.

The person i used to get the best advice from was a bloke called Lance he used to work at Samson Gym Equipment-Rydalmere what legend of a bloke.All you out there that use to travel to samson's know the guy i am talking about he had a beard,wore shorts all year round, had the real man's hand shake and knew everything from what was the best bar to use and what equipment gave the best results for your needs.Anyway that's me for now i look forward to getting more new and old advise from all my friends at AUSBB.;)

Hi my name is George im 24 and train at the musclepit in perth im a rugby player coming off a knee recon and looking to improve my performance on the rugby field next season through training at the musclepit

Whoops, looks like everyone else beat me to the thread..oh well

Name: Stefan
Training: Started mid 2011
Interests: Boxing, Surfing, Reading

Reason started training: I was a walking blob at 108kg and decided it was time to get fit plus a man that I greatly admire inspired me to try and join the QLD Fire Service.

Goals:
-Get Ripped (Kinda cliché but oh well)
-Achieve Fitness levels required to join the fire service
-Enter a Bodybuilding comp

Reason for joining AUSBB: I found the 2013 transformation comp through google and thought I would give it a shot.

Skimming through the site has been really motivational and inspiring...come at me 2013 :p

Hey guys new here

- Dylan
- 20 yearls old
- male
- central coast
- been training for roughly 3 or so years now
- Other then the gym I enjoy soccer, surfing and writing fitness/bodybuilding articles for my website

joined this forum to obviously further my knowledge from others on this board but to also interact with other aussie bbers as well!